shape
carat
color
clarity

my handmade ring is complete! replicated my girl's tats

after many months of research, making online friends, visits, and etc etc. I am so proud to post pics of my handmade ring I had created for my girl. Painstaking attention to detail and amazing, personal service has culminated to a one-of-a-kind ring! Thanks to the price scopers that assisted me last summer. Please reply but be respectful. Now I have to stash this for awhile! I snapped pics of the whole process. Upon presentation, they will be arranged in order in this original, Victorian photo album I scored. I'm also getting my blueprint drawing framed. I am so xcited!

it_s_done_twinkle.jpg

ringo_044.jpg

ringo_045.jpg

ringo_046.jpg

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
and another!

it_s_0.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous ring! You made great design choices.
Enjoy the anticipation :wavey:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
thanks so much! I really enjoyed the entire journey process. I'm getting my blueprint drawing framed. Perhaps a second career is calling? Ring designer. Maybe not, but I'm very proud. I like looking at it, feeling the weight of plat. in my hand.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful and I am sure will be very meaningful to her that you put so much effort into it! :love: I love the weight of platinum, too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely! Congratulations on your upcoming engagement!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely, and I love the idea of using your girlfriend's tattoos as the basis for the design! Could you post the blueprint - or maybe a low-light photo? All that bling :sun: is making it hard to see the engraved details! :bigsmile: Did you work with a local jeweler to create this ring?

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! This is gorgeous :love: please feel free to post loads more pics and hand shots when you get them! Well done to you for being so creative, she's going to love it :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
The engraving is amazing.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOOOO pretty! OMG! I don't know how you have the willpower to "stash" it for awhile!!!!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's lovely :appl: Please come back with hand shots.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous engraving! Beautiful ring! Congrats! :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I love the engraving. How thoughtful you are to have taken the time to have the ring personalized in such a unique way!

Can't wait to see hand shots! :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a neat concept. Looks like a gorgeous ring! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring turned out beautiful. I can tell how excited you are. How on earth are you going to keep this a secret and not give it to her right away? please remeber to post pictures of this beautiful ring on her finger!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats goodluck with your proposal I am sure she will love it!!!!

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
Thanks price scopers! I am indebted to this site as so many of you have provided invaluable information. I honestly don't know how I am going to stash it for this long!!!! :shhh: Just being smart and finalizing some job details. I think it's prudent because I don't want a thing on my mind when I ask the biggest question of my life! I know where I want to ask and how. She's very astute and looked me dead in the eye, telling me not to change it. Though vague, I knew what she was talking about ;-) However, it's hours away one way, and closest airport is like another 2 hours so she'll know once we hit the parkway but this is what I want.

Attached is a picture of an original Victorian album I will present to her, circa late 1800's. The photos inside will be of the entire process/journey of the ring; blueprint to fruition. Attached is my hand drawn blueprint, if you must call it that.I plan on getting that framed as well. Both gifts compliment the scrolls on the ring!
I don't have any other, high quality pics of the ring as my phone is not equipped to catch all the details.

Thanks again for the kind words.

album.jpg

jeffs_drawing.jpg

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
@VRBeauty.

I had it handmade in NYC. I contacted lots of people online all over. The famed Diamond District is populated by a lot of pushy people. I actually stumbled upon a small shop run my a father & son. Their window display had some completed pieces in styles I loved so I took a chance. They asked all the right questions and at no time did $ enter the conversation. I felt comfortable and we worked together for months! What a memorable journey!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love: I love all the thought and love you put into this project. Your FI to be is a lucky woman. Wishing you lots of love and happiness in your journey together. :appl:
And please come back with hand shots. :appl:

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! Hard to have it handy as I feel I could just do it! BUT....I wanna finalize the aforementioned stuff first. And, many people wait seemingly forever for such a moment. I want to do it just the way I planned. :D :shhh:

Your support means a lot. Yes, I will continue posting. Indebted to PS!

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
I'm back!
So I have moved my engagement date to December. I realized if I proceed with April, 2016 it's making her needlessly wait a year and then with wedding plans its another 6-12 months! Unfair.

Yes, I worry about career path but I recently competed and earned full tuition for additional training in my field! If an employer says yes I might be able to earn an extra 10-$15,000 annually. She said she doesn't care about $ but I don't want any stress. Plus we can write our own rules. enjoy a nice engagement and then work on career stuff at the same time.

I'm proceeding with my original idea and location. Room booked and they gave me 20% off. Avg. temps in high 40s!
Let's do it! December or Bust.

check back! I will post hand shots etc. thanks!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's allowed I'd love to know the name of the shop you used to make your ring. It's amazing and I love finding new jewelry shops near me that do such great work :)

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow you are so romantic and thoughtful. Good luck :naughty:

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
@lovedogs.

how do I send you a private message?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too, like everyone else, is bowled over by the engraving.. I truly LOVE how the diamond is set.. your S/O is so lucky to have such a romantic soon to be spouse!!!! it's so gorgeous.. Pricescope rules.. I used to be a person who thought engraving was sort of past, now I love it and am going to bring in my engagement ring soon and see if the jeweler can engrave around the ring! I wish you much happiness in this wonderful life you will have... much peace!

:love:

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
oh thank you so much! I did months and months of research. I am indebted to this site. I drew all the details for the ring after learning many of the vintage ones I wanted needed work and in retrospect overpriced. I really feel mine is so personal and the effort the builders put forth shows how much they care about their craft.

Going to get my drawing framed. I already secured a florist for delivery during the moment as well. It all feels so natural and right.
I am nervous but I should be, despite her telling me "I won't say no." ha! I like when she watches Say Yes To The Dress and talks about silly dance routines for our reception?!

now, final piece of the puzzle...improving career which this forum knows weighs heavily on me.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Good luck with the proposal!

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
thanks! I'm proceeding with my plan that I have kept to myself since last July! everything is booked, florist confirmed, too.
it's a long ride and not the most optimal weather in Dec. but should be high 40s! Got the exact room and 20% off.
Who's to say I can't improve career stuff while being engaged?

those that don't know...earned state sponsored tuition for additional training that can only help me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results