shape
carat
color
clarity

My hand carved emerald ring from CVB is done!!!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought this Colombian emerald (untreated) from Caysie some time ago and took awhile to decide how to set it.

First off, I realise it isn't the colour most people look for when buying emeralds. This is a lighter coloured stone (seafoam green) but very clean with very very few inclusions for an emerald... and the colour spoke to me :)

I was initially going to put it in some kind of white diamond halo to contrast the colours, but I ran into a problem. The stone is MASSIVE for my finger size!!! I wear a size 4-4.5, and this stone measures 10.5mm x 10mm... adding a halo to that may make it so large that i worried I would not wear it!! I knew it NEEDED to be set in rose gold though. That was the only thing I knew for certain in setting this stone...

Caysie sent me a design that she had been wanting to set this stone in as this was one from her own collection. It took a little while... but the design grew on me. This was a hand carved ring in yellow gold with the emerald bezeled. I wanted something that looked a little lighter and more airy though- so Caysie came up with the idea to put some lotus themed cut outs on the basket to lighten it up... engraving the rest of it of course!! We finished it with a brushed surface to the unengraved bits... and kept the engraved bits shiny :)

She just emailed me today with photos as my ring is finally finished, and I love it!!! It'll be awhile before I get it as I have a few projects going with her and we tend to send everything together... I can't wait to see it in person!!

Please note these photos are all courtesy of Caysie from CVB :

IMG_1400.JPG IMG_1401.JPG IMG_1402.JPG IMG_1403.JPG IMG_1404.JPG

Last edited:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an absolute treasure of a ring ... the stone ... the setting ... it is a work of art ... looking forward to your IRL photos whenever you end up receiving this masterpiece!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!! I love the floral motif in the basket. That emerald is so big and gorgeous!!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all the kind comments!! :) I want wait to get it!!! Too bad I have to wait awhile given I have other projects in the works...

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. That is stunning! :love:
I actually love the sea foam color of the emerald. It's light but has such a beautiful color and don't even get me started on that lotus design. That's so gorgeous.:kiss: You're going to be so excited, when that piece finally gets to go home with you. I hope you post a freaking boat load of pics, once you receive it (even if that's a while from now). :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's amazing. A masterpiece.:love::love::love: The design TDF and I love the color. GORGEOUS!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awww thank you everyone!! It means so much to me that the pricescope community all of which have AMAZING taste and the most gorgeous pieces likes my new piece!! It makes me even more excited to get it!!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
"Honk, honk, beep beep....Sorry officer I was gazing at my ring!"

Beautiful ring and stone (I have a neon tourmaline this color and I love it).

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's exquisite! Just stunning, looks very regal and it takes my breath away. Enjoy wearing your beautiful masterpiece:)

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love: WOW it's gorgeous! The color looks like the emerald green water of the gulf, makes you want to dive right in.

Diamondz1

Shiny_Rock
Omg, this is beyond awesome! Those colors are fabulous together. I love your choice to pair the emerald with rose gold. Gorgeous!

Vidalia

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I particularly appreciate how the basket and the band compliment one another. Hope you wear your lovely ring in happiness and good health!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly a stunning design!!! Congratulations and I can't wait to see photos of it on your hand!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! The design on the gallery is so pretty.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning setting design and center stone!!! Caysie did an amazing job. Enjoy wearing your ring

woweezowee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your ring is so, so, so gorgeous! I LOVE lighter emeralds and that setting is TDF. The lotus blossums were such a great idea and are beautiful. Congrats on your ring!

mahaha

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Beautiful. Really like the intricate floral design on the sides!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful ring!! I never would have thought to set an emerald in rose gold, but it looks fabulous.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a lovely emerald. I love the rose gold engraved setting. Just beautiful! :lickout:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for sharing my excitement!! :) Caysie really outdid herself this time!

I will definitely post handshots when the ring arrives and update this thread with them!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, what beautiful details! Just look at that imaginative floral basket! Wear your lovely ring in good health.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
omg I've been drooling over this one on her FB!!! So thrilled that its going to a PSer, and congrats on a one of a kind piece! I am enamored with the carving, it's freaking perfect!

Curby311

Rough_Rock
Wow! That is stunning. It turned out really good. I love the lotus flower part.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results