shape
carat
color
clarity

My Grey Spinel Georgian Style Ring Is Finally Done

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
About 3 months ago I bought a loose grey spinel and worked with Ivy and Rose Vintage to make a Georgian style ring to go with it. There were some hiccups along the way that made it take 2 months longer than normal, but they acted very professional and great customer service :). The grey spinel is 1.87cts in black rodium plated/white/ yellow gold ring. I know people said it looked lighter in tone from picture and had a purple cast to it, but it definately was darker in person (and now even more in the closed setting) and I do not see any purple in it. Below are before pics of spinel and inspiration ring as well as finished ring :).

il_794xN.2774803793_tiqb.jpg in.jpg

spinel2.jpg

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
Looks lovely! Someone said before that the stock settings from ivy and rose are lightweight and not suitable for daily wear. Is this still the case with their custom made stuff or do they put a bit more metal into it?

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it! Never occurred to me to use black rhodium plating to mimic the tarnished-silver Georgian look!

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks lovely! Someone said before that the stock settings from ivy and rose are lightweight and not suitable for daily wear. Is this still the case with their custom made stuff or do they put a bit more metal into it?

Hi. Yes the stock settings are more light weight, but the prices are great and I have some for years already that I wear one or twice a week. I will say that this ring does seem a little bit more weight and gold to it than stock settings, but the style isn't suppose super thick.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Lovely!

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock

I have a target ring from them and it is a very nice setting, I love it. It doesn't feel the least bit flimsy. It is solid. It has a tanzanite center which is a softer stone than the sapphires surrounding it, so that is the only reason I am extra careful with it.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Love the setting!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

Their custom settings are made at a local bench, where the stock settings are shipped from overseas. They are made very differently! I’ve bought a custom ring before and have been into their store multiple times to try things on! Hope this helps!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
About 3 months ago I bought a loose grey spinel and worked with Ivy and Rose Vintage to make a Georgian style ring to go with it. There were some hiccups along the way that made it take 2 months longer than normal, but they acted very professional and great customer service :). The grey spinel is 1.87cts in black rodium plated/white/ yellow gold ring. I know people said it looked lighter in tone from picture and had a purple cast to it, but it definately was darker in person (and now even more in the closed setting) and I do not see any purple in it. Below are before pics of spinel and inspiration ring as well as finished ring :).

il_794xN.2774803793_tiqb.jpg in.jpg

spinel2.jpg

I absolutely love this!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Super nice dress for a beauty of a spinel!
:love: I'm really, really, digging the Georgian collet!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! :love:
Did you opt for a closed backing or is it open?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've been looking at grey spinel lately. Do you mind sharing where you got the stone?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've been looking at grey spinel lately. Do you mind sharing where you got the stone?

I can't answer for them, but I have been watching Alex Goncharoff on Insta. He's got some really nice stones and good prices (though i hate that it's DM for more info :wall:)

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I got it from an etsy vender that only had a couple of spinels and the other one he said had a teal modifier to it

M

maru8888777

I got this stone from Annie
20210911_132546.jpg

And these from Brad at the gem trader they are slightly better cut and more of a true grey.

20210911_132724.jpg

Both are gorgeous, but that second ring has my heart!

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Haha I talked to her earlier today, but the one in question (that I think you're talking about) has blue/purple undertones, whereas I want more of a pure grey

What size do you want @lovedogs ?

OP, I still love your ring! (To stay on topic.) Also, how long should it have taken without the problems along the way?

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What size do you want @lovedogs ?

OP, I still love your ring! (To stay on topic.) Also, how long should it have taken without the problems along the way?

Thank you:). It's was suppose to take around a month originally.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Thank you:). It's was suppose to take around a month originally.

That's a nice turnaround time. Do you have any advice as a result of your overall experience? I'm curious about working with Ivy & Rose on a custom piece.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a nice turnaround time. Do you have any advice as a result of your overall experience? I'm curious about working with Ivy & Rose on a custom piece.

Sara who I talk to responds very quickly to questions and is very friendly and nice. I have had many stones set, or slightly altered custom rings made by them over the years

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results