shape
carat
color
clarity

My Gemfix/Yvonne Raley halo ring has arrived!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am absolutely not kidding you but when I found the package on my doorstep (!) and walked in "I'm so excited" by The Pointer Sisters was playing on the radio! :)
This is my perfect Starry Night RHR! I am so happy with it - she did smoothen the bezel out so nicely and it is not too dark! Thank you for telling me what HG is NKOTB because this is so my HG!!!!

Lens is foggy in last picture but there must be a veil inclusion in there that makes a rainbow appear.

Original thread is here. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/replacing-umbalite-garnet-in-halo-ring-with-this-sapphire.196922/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/replacing-umbalite-garnet-in-halo-ring-with-this-sapphire.196922/page-2[/URL]

20140212_114639.jpg

20140212_114709.jpg

20140212_114400.jpg

20140212_114310.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
wow, cool rainbow sparkle!! I like the last picture very much. Sapphire color looks good too.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! Glad it worked out for you. Now, just mix the colour of the sapph with the colour of the flowers in the first pic, and you'd have my HG! ;-)

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jaws and King Kong like it too!

20140212_121309.jpg

20140212_121916.jpg

20140212_122944.jpg

20140212_123714.jpg

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks OTL and NKOTB! This is it for blue stones for me and you can hold me to it. :) I swear it even glows in dim lighting. I am awestruck and will not be able to function for the rest of the day.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a pool of endless blue!!! Just perfect!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that color!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
It's a beautiful stone. So glad you're happy with it, I think you made the right choice with that sapphire. Love it!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is the best feeling in the world when something arrives and you are head over heels with it. A close second is seeing someone here - like you :bigsmile: - totally head over heels with their new piece! Yay for you!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful color!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much! Yvonne did an amazing job. This ring will get a lot more wear out of it with the new stone - I don't think it will be off my hand at all actually! I always felt I had to "try" to wear it to make use of it with the umbalite but it didn't sit well with me. Thanks to all of you for help making my dream a reality with it and pointing me towards such beautiful stones!

Snowyrin

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I love your bezel halo too! I'll add it into my list of different halos. :appl:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Looks amazing! LOVE the blue!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the new ring. I'm not sure if I should say something about the workmanship of the ring. I don't want to offend but if Yvonne will stand behind her work, I would get it fixed.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't worry Chrono, I am a very open person and do not get offended easily. You can pretty much tell me anything. I think it looks perfect since the bezel was fixed. Is there something not right with it? I don't mind that it is not perfectly round if that is it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bezel has been fixed once before? Is it off-round due to the shape of the sapphire? The outer bezel is off round (there is no reason for this to be not round) and the inner bezel is uneven (thick and thin in some parts instead of being the same width). I'm guessing the inner bezel isn't round because the sapphire isn't quite round? She could have also centered the sapphire better; one half has a larger bezel gap than the other half. Oh man, I'm so sorry to sound so critical, especially if you are very pleased with it. :knockout: If you feel that she did a good job for the price you paid, please ignore my comments. Perhaps it is only the angle of the photographs that is making me see things that you don't see. Again, I'm sorry for sounding so negative if all the above aren't true.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries Chrono. Click on the link to the original thread at the beginning of this thread about replacing the umbalite with the sapphire. Since the bezel was made for another stone it was challenging to bust out that stone and put this one in without ruining the halo which is why it is uneven to my understanding. If you scroll down to the bottom of that thread you will see the bezel before it was smoothened down. I can't let this ring out of my sight again! I even slept with it on (that is ok right since there are no big prongs?)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love the color and that inclusion is cool.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I see, so she was limited as to what she could do with the setting, short of rebuilding the bezel. Gotcha. Thanks for being understanding.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much OTL, NKOTB, endlesssummer, derbygal, chrono, katharath, kelli, snowyrin, pregcurious, jereni, and minou! You guys make it even better because you understand! I would never have thought that I would own something like this even a couple of years ago. It is PS that helped it become a reality! Sometimes I wonder if I am on here too much but I would not be wearing this piece of art if it was not for this forum. It is the only forum I am on, and I have been on sugar glider forums to phalaenopsis forums and this is the best out there! Thank you!
:twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results