shape
carat
color
clarity

My friend HATES her engagement ring, HELP!!

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
My friend in in the process of designing her engagement ring and hates the result. The jeweler is a friend of her SO and has worked off a similarly designed ring but with a larger centre stone. Her centre is a radiant just over 1 carat

Suggestions as to what she can do to improve it would be greatly appreciated.

the jeweler is going to redo the ring

_23320.jpg

_23321.jpg

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
She likes the art deco look but wants something a little daintier as she feels it swallows her finger.

I have suggested she may think about a smaller version of RoL halo ring with baguettes at the NSEW points and a finer bezel and less gap between the stone and halo. Also to soften the corners.

Ideas gratefully received.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eliminate that air gap.

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
thanks Kenny

Keep the suggestions coming... she is meeting with the jeweler tonight THANK YOU

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Point size on the halo melee is WAY too big. Try 1/2 pointers. Or if not that, melee under a full point.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post a side-view pic?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes images are helpful.
Here are some:

file.jpg
file.jpg

This ones center stone is: .88 5.5 mm x 5.48 mm

Setting is by Beverly K and it is this one (modified with the bezeled rounds you photoshopped on there:
ring_modified.jpg

That setting is about 1500 including customization so if this doesn't work out with your local jeweler, she can happily buy a nice setting from Beverly K.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
No gap. Just a halo right against the stone.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't like the gap, love the Beverly k one.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What was her inspiration piece? Pics by chance?

I agree with others ... lose that gap and thin out that halo with smaller melee.

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
Here is another version that is really pretty

_23327.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The problem you have is that a LOT of Aussie jewellers don't get the idea of delicate halo and they do NOT do them well. The melee in this one are too big, the halo is clumsy and out of proportion with the centre stone. If she can return the setting and start again I'd do that, if not tell her to put a coloured stone into this setting and cut her losses and start again with her existing centre stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the air gap in antique styles so I'd keep it but make it a LOT smaller. The halo (and melees) also need to be a LOT smaller.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results