shape
carat
color
clarity

my first post PS purchase....what do you think

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
I finally did it! I took advice here and decided to go with a pink stone as my family birthstones all come in shades of pink. In searching PS I fell in love with your gemstone asschers. This led me to contact Gene and he began cutting a stone for me. I don't know if I am allowed to link it but check out his blog documenting the cutting of this stone. I've attached a picture he sent me. What do you think? I am anxious to see how the color holds up in person. I love the color in this photo.
pinkasscher.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So there's the stone that he's been showcasing for his cutting. Very pretty!! I think you're going to make a lot of asscher lovers around here very jealous. :twisted:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just so you know, his pictures are EXTREMELY accurate to the color of the stone in real life--at least in my experience, which isn't exactly a ton of stones, but still quite a few. It's quite beautiful!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the color!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I wondered who he was cutting that for! It's a lovely color, and I look forward to hearing what you think of it in person.

On his blog he mentioned that it ended up bigger than he had anticipated, and hoped his client wouldn't be upset. So. Are you upset? :!:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks wonderful. Such a tender color!

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Well I am beyond thrilled to get positive feedback here!! I know you all have a good eye for this. The color exceeded my expectations as I thought it was going to turn out a darker shade.
No I am not upset. Gene knew I wanted a smaller size due to budget. It only means this beauty may have to wait awhile to be set. That will give me time to figure out what I want to do with it anyway. It will be a RHR

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far so good; I hope to hear more about it when you get the change to check it out under various lighting conditions.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
cemrn said:
I finally did it! I took advice here and decided to go with a pink stone as my family birthstones all come in shades of pink. In searching PS I fell in love with your gemstone asschers. This led me to contact Gene and he began cutting a stone for me. I don't know if I am allowed to link it but check out his blog documenting the cutting of this stone. I've attached a picture he sent me. What do you think? I am anxious to see how the color holds up in person. I love the color in this photo.
pinkasscher.jpg

cemrn....where did you find this lovely? Gene? Would you mind posting his website info. Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous. My first stone was also pink, but I did not do nearly so well as you. Congratulations on such a fine choice.

MarquiseGirl

Rough_Rock
It is simply beautiful, congrats!!!!!! :love:

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I am not a pink person but that tourmaline got me so jealous! Well done!

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the kind words. I can't wait to see it in person. I had a hard time falling asleep last night. Dreaming of pretties

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning color! I hope it looks like it does in the picture! :appl: :appl: :appl:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love asschers, and that one is killer! I especially like ones in lighter-colored stones because you can see the steps nicely, like yours.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
:love: WOW! That is a beauty! I like the all the different shades of pink that the asscher will give you. You will enjoy the way an asscher cut invites you to gaze into the depths of the stone, it's multi-dimensional.

I think you'll love the size, it's a great size to set in a halo or even a solitaire, it's actually about the size I prefer for a gemstone. It makes for a really great ring. Heirloom size and quality.

Lucky dog . . .

:lickout:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's just fantastic!!!! I love Gene, and I can attest to his very accurate pictures and superb asscher cutting.

I can't wait for you to get it!

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Lurking near the mailbox today....hoping it arrives

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see your new stone, cemrn! I think it's the sister stone of the pink trillion tourmaline that I got from Gene. The color of mine is outstanding, so I'm sure yours will be as well. Please post pictures soon!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Simply fantastic! I love asschers in diamond halos or bezels like LTP's e-ring (and others)...

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
I think it is beautiful, and has such a delicate color. After I started shopping for my e-ring, I am utterly in love with Asscher cuts, and some of you PSers have stones that make my heart stop! I just posted a thread a few days ago looking for a lovely, light colored pink to make as a RHR as my 2 year anniversary "treat" - and yours is lovely.

I wish I had found PS before I went for my engagement ring, but I am definitely slowly finding my own style and learning so much from PS in what to look for - you all are wonderful, and cemrn, I think your first purchase shows us what we can learn and find. Beautiful! (I may be sneaking over to him and asking if he has a little more rough on-hand ;)) ).

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse said:
I can't wait to see your new stone, cemrn! I think it's the sister stone of the pink trillion tourmaline that I got from Gene. The color of mine is outstanding, so I'm sure yours will be as well. Please post pictures soon!
Yes I believe they are sisters

newbaglover

Rough_Rock
Hello! I am usually just a lurker, but I have come out just to tell you your gem is GORGEOUS! I am still learning at PS, but I am starting to think about my future ring proyect, and your cut is just exquisit. I may need to talk to gene about cutting a sapphire for me... :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results