shape
carat
color
clarity

My first gem purchase!

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
Newbie poster here. I came across this site multiple times in my search for budget friendly, but quality engagement ring options. And I must say I couldn't be happier.

We decided on a blue-green sapphire, but where to find a quality one? That is where this site helped soooo much! After much searching and freting, this site lead me to Earth' s Treasures. I finally pulled the trigger and made a purchase that should be here today!

What do you guys think about this little guy? The mint green color has been my favorite for 25+ years. I'll take pics when in hand!:D

https://www.earthstreasury.com/product/0-85-carat-mint-green-montana-sapphire/

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! “Today” can seem so long when you’re waiting for a special something to arrive. I look forward to seeing pics when in hand.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on finding that special engagement sapphire. What kind of setting do you want to wear it in?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! How exciting! I love minty green stones and really love Montana sapphires. Like Voce- I am interested in how you will set your lovely gem.

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
So my lazy mail person decided to LIE and say that there was no one to receive the package. My fiance was home waiting for it the entire day. ...And we have a dog that barks when someone is in the yard, let alone rings or knocks. So now I have to drive across town tomorrow morning to pick it up. :x2

On happier note, to those wondering, I'm getting it set in a semi-custom ring from BG! The petite pave setting in platinum, but with a decorative basket.

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
Oh and a BIG thank you for all the warm congratulations!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, looking forward to your impression when you see it!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful choice, and congratulations!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your minty sapphire is stunning.
I share your delivery pain :angryfire: waiting anxiously for a parcel containing a very expensive purchase I saw the van pull up outside the house (from the bedroom). I grabbed my photo ID from my wallet and went to the front door. Not hearing the front gate click I opened the front door went out onto the patio. I see a man walking towards the van and watch incredulously as he gets into the van. I trot down the path calling out “hullo, excuse me, hullo” and watch in vain as the van drives off.
Ping ping goes my phone (in my pocket) SMS parcel tracking update
“ 9.10am Congratulations, your parcel has been delivered”
No.
I have a slip saying “sorry we missed you” (should have said “Ha Ha we avoided you” ) please drag yourself off to the Post Office AFTER 4PM to collect your parcel.
Was Not happy

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You lucky girl!! You found the perfect stone AND get to put it in a BG setting. We will need picture overload ok?

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
Bron357 yeah. I let the post master know what happened. That usually I don't care, but I was really looking forward to receiving this particular package.

Now for the fun part! I'll be honest that i did not love it when I first opened it. It was in full bright sunlight and looked pure silver sideways. But thanks to you lovely members I know they are shifters. Especially unheated ones.

So I wrapped it back up, took it to my backyard and looked at it face up in full sunlight, shade, and under indoor lighting.

And. It. Is. A. Different. Color. Every. Time! Definitely less green than I expected except in indoor lighting. But the cut is definitely top notch! Soooo sparkly! (Of course, Jeff does an amazing job!)

So here are the color shifts: Silver, ice blue to nearly white with just a hint of yellow sometimes, mint green, to steel blue. The best part is it reminds me of my fiance's color shifting eyes!

I'll try to get better ones too of the other colors, bit for now, my favorite. Not as intense as the picture shows, almost exactly like Jeff's picture.

20190319_095315.jpg

Sunnybopeep

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on finding the perfect stone and setting!!! I just love that sapphire. It’s such a beautiful minty color!

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
We ordered the ring today!!! Sad part is I will have to ship off my lovely little stone and not see it for a while.

But here's to the next step.

...And I may have been bad, having stumbled upon a 2+ carat (hopefully similar hued) sapphire and immediately put on layaway for a complimenting necklace... you guys are a bad influence! :lol:

(Pic is my ER sapphire I put in a gem case for easy viewing.)
20190418_113132.jpg

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
My phone does not like to capture the colors at all. Especially with my house lighting. Oh well. I'll try again tomorrow before she gets sent out.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, @Obscura ! Wishing you two much happiness!

I love the many personalities of your sapphire. You will really enjoy seeing it play in the light. So happy you found this special stone (and pendant too!) to celebrate your marriage!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting. The ring phase is my favorite part (though I do enjoy visiting with the gems in my gem box). Soon, your have a gorgeous sapphire ring...and a pendant to match. :P2
Do you have a link to the 2ct one? I’d love to see it.

Obscura

Shiny_Rock

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
I meant 2. My phone doesn't like me lately.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I am beyond excited.

@MissyBeaucoup The colors are wild. And the cut is so good that while I was riding in the car it was even throwing a good number of rainbow flashes! And wanted to be ice blue. Lol.

@elle_71125 the 1 carat is definitely not as nice clarity wise and almost definitely will not be eye clean, but I couldn't pass up the color and size. Here's the link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/651692162/large-natural-fancy-light-green-blue?show_sold_out_detail=1#

I think it’s lovely and it’s going to make a great pendant. :D

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
Thanks I do too. Though that one won't be set for a little while.

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
So this arrived yesterday! It is actually more eye clean than I thought it was going to be.

My original sapphire is being set. And luckily this is a little too big and sage vs mint color for me to want to switch out my engagement stone for this one.

BGD told me they will be sending glamour shots. This is a bad thing only because I had decided that I was going to try to keep the completed ring as a surprise til the proposal. Here's hoping that my betrothed has a sooner rather than later date in mind, though he (thankfully) is bad at presents and wants to give them right away and told me it will be before August. 20190503_185438.jpg 20190502_183419.jpg And the vendor included a bulbous gift gem. It's sooo pretty!

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
Haha bulbous. Unautocorrected, that is suppose to be "bonus."

voce

Ideal_Rock
The bonus gem is very windowed and probably not worth much, but it's a nice gesture. The sapphire, though, is nice. How exciting to have a proposal to look forward to! I was given the opportunity to pick out a ring and had to wait a few months before he had proposed. But he still made it a surprise, and it made waiting completely worthwhile.

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
The bonus gem is very windowed and probably not worth much, but it's a nice gesture. The sapphire, though, is nice. How exciting to have a proposal to look forward to! I was given the opportunity to pick out a ring and had to wait a few months before he had proposed. But he still made it a surprise, and it made waiting completely worthwhile.
Yeah, a couple months isn't long. My ex husband took 4 years and I had to say 4 years was my limit for moving forward. This one was actually ahead of time. Lol.

As far as the bonus gem, it's clear, but looks like an opal? I have no idea if it is natural or not, but it is a lovely gesture and very pretty, no matter if it is of value or not.

Last edited:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So pretty!! And BIG!!! :love:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
She’s beautiful. I especially love the basket.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
So, so beautiful, Congrats!!! When you had the stone did you notice any color change? I ask because my sapphire ring in my avatar changes from a green-blue, to gray-blue, to apple green. Was a bit of a shock at first, but now I love it even more for the variety!

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
@Mrs_Strizzle Thanks! And yes, I noticed right away. When i opened the package, it was on its side and was pale silver. Got it home and looked at it face up in bright full sunlight and it was sky blue, then nearly colorless. Under dim lights it turned a steel blue or teal. It wasn't until under normal lighting that it showed up mint green.

A passing cloud is enough to make it shift. I've watched the stone shift colors before my eyes. I adore it for its very moody ways. It's like having multiple gems in one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results