shape
carat
color
clarity

My first diamond purchase, and it''s an OEC!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
..or maybe an OMC. I''m not sure. The roundness would argue for OEC, and the cutlet is open, but very small. But if I''m wrong do let me know!

Anyways, this is my first real diamond purchase since my hubby picked out my Ering diamond. I''m not particularly into modern cut diamonds, but I love love the romance of vintage cuts! And I found this darling on ebay for a song due to the large inclusion. It''s E in color, about 1 ct, and sparkles like a fireball. Beautifully high crown and small table, great symmetry, and eye clean except for the one inclusion.

So now I''m on a mission to set it with some metal detailing obscuring the inclusion, and be the first PSer to proudly be wearing a I3 clarity diamond, haha. Anyways, pics!

500x375.aspx

mtgoec2.jpg

mtgoec3.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is with my GIA graded F color diamond, and it faces up whiter.
Although my Ering is a little grungy...oops!

mtgoec6.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is with my garnets.

mtgmalays5.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Lovely diamond MTG!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hiya MTG!

Lovely stone, and certainly looks like an OEC to me. And hey, if the inclusions are not impacting the stone''s performance, I say yay!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Congrats on a lovely find
3.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! Plans are already under way to get it set!

For those of you who couldn't pick out the inclusion easily, here's a photo where it's the focus! Haha. When it's lit like this, you can easily see it even from far away which is why it's an I3.

mtgoec44.jpg

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Aha, got it now. I saw the inclusion earlier but I was like "whaaat that barely shows at all, how is that an I3."

I still think it''s a complete beauty, and so much the better if you got it at a steal.
2.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Hey MTG- the diamond is very nice! And just so you know I also have an I3 diamond that i wear as a pendent. It was given to me on my wedding day from my DH- it was a family piece passed down to me. And really with a pendent no one ever asks about the clarity.

regarldess your diamond is gorgeous! I really want to get an OMC or an OEC and this is really pushing me overt he edge!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! Patrick is going to send me some pendant models in the next few days.

Yeah. I asked myself how much I minded the inclusion. And decided that for less than 400$ I could live with it. What can I say. I have beer budget, champagne taste, and no patience. So sometimes I just have to get creative!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So....I keep waffling on how to set it.
I want to set it with a suite of 5 2mm benitoites I have since they also have a diamond like dispersion.
IMG0415.jpg

My main two options are something like this, with the diamond nestled in the flowers and the benitoites going up the chain or scattered in the flowers.

pihydr.jpg

Or something like this, the diamond in the middle and the benitoites going up and down....

canvas.png

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

it''s gorgeous, and I LOVE the flower setting!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks bella! I''m so excited to get this project started. Patrick is a little backed up with custom work though, so it''ll be awhile..sigh.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patrick received my stones! Yay!

I snapped a photo of it before mailing it off, I miss it already
7.gif
But I''m excited that we''re making a home for it!

mtggoodbyeoec.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
MTG when I saw that last photo I was like, "What in the world is she wearing?? Pajamas??" then I remembered you are a doctor
25.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha dreamer, they basically are pajamas :) Only 2 more years until I'm officially "Dr".

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like a fabulous project MTG. I love the idea of a vintage cut diamond with Patrick''s hydrangea necklace. Can''t wait to see the final result!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooops, looks like the wax pics didn't make it over to new PS.

Hope you don't mind if I repost them. =)

The wax model is using a same sized cz, but it's where my OEC would go. Would love any comments/suggestions/thoughts as I haven't given the final go-ahead yet!

oecpi1.jpg

oecpi2.jpg

oecpi3.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should be getting the finished piece in 2 weeks!

The flowers will be silver with 18k yellow gold centers.So excited to see it! i'm contemplating getting one of his hydrangea rings as well to make a set...hehe.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade said:
I should be getting the finished piece in 2 weeks!

The flowers will be silver with 18k yellow gold centers.So excited to see it! i'm contemplating getting one of his hydrangea rings as well to make a set...hehe.

Sounds lovely! What kind of chain will you be wearing it on?

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I don't remember if I posted on your SMTB post but if not, let me just say that the pendant and stone are just *fabulous*.

If the inclusion bugs you I wonder if it is laser-able? It kind of looks like it might be...

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
SO pretty and unique! Any neck shots?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is pretty! Just because it has an eye visable inclusion doesnt make it an I3. I would actually grade it I1- possably I2. For SURE not I3. I3 stones are reserved for industrial waste wannabee diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results