shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

My first colored stone purchase...

Discussion in 'Colored Stones' started by Mara, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Mara » Mar 2, 2004
    from eBay no less! [​IMG] Was surfing around today looking for Greg's large tourm that I still have not found and came across these cuties...

Gemstone: Natural Green Tourmaline

Size: 6x3mm

Shape: Marquis

Weight: 1.21cts

Origin: Africa

So I figured for $12.50...I could take a chance! [​IMG] Won the auction....we'll see when they arrive!

I can see them set into a flower shaped necklace with a small .15c ACA as the center of the flower. Hmm. [​IMG] Someday soon maybe. Until then I can just admire them. Hope they are lovely! [​IMG]

tourms.jpg

2. Uncle Marty
    Rough_Rock

by Uncle Marty » Mar 2, 2004
    Hi Mara,
    I have been a supplier of genuine gemstones to the jewelry trade over 25 years.
    Please advise the color, size and shape of Tourmaline you would like to buy.
    Shop anywhere but check with me before you buy.

Uncle Marty of course

3. Nicrez
    Ideal_Rock

by Nicrez » Mar 3, 2004
    Mara: Very nice! How will you set them?! [​IMG][​IMG]

Uncle Marty, I bought some stones from Creative Gem just recently and they arrived yesterday. What are some specs of the stone to know when buying in the future?

4. MichelleCarmen
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by MichelleCarmen » Mar 3, 2004
    Mara,

Congratulations [​IMG] I've been buying loose colored stones on eBay for a while now and I can tell you, it's A BLAST and VERY addicting! They're all so cheap so this makes for an affordable hobby (much more so than diamonds [​IMG]).

A flower necklace sounds fun! [​IMG]

Michelle

5. Mara
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Mara » Mar 11, 2004
    Got my package a few days back and they are tiny but sweet! Very sparkly and beautiful with color. I am definitely thinking of them in a flower shaped necklace with a small .15c ACA as the center or similar. Yummy! [​IMG] Greg was intrigued by them as well, probably because they were so cheap..which means less strain on his wallet. Hehee. [​IMG]

6. innerkitten
    Ideal_Rock

by innerkitten » Mar 11, 2004
    They sound nice. I bought a pink spinel on Ebay once and was very satisfied with my purchase.

7. Hest88
    Ideal_Rock

by Hest88 » Mar 11, 2004
    Oh, very pretty Mara! I love green gems.

8. kpebbles
    Shiny_Rock

by kpebbles » Mar 24, 2004
    mara,
    those are some nice stones! who are you going to take your gems to to make your necklace? know any good jewelers in the bay area? just curious - i've been wanting to buy some loose stones online as well, but wouldn't know where to take it locally to get things done..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.