shape
carat
color
clarity

My First CBI Has Finally Arrived!!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A classic and timeless beauty! Congratulations!

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
My first CBI 2.13ct, H, VS2 has finally arrived and I could not be more pleased! Pleased with the diamond, setting, and services that were provided by Wink and Layla. I had a rather unpleasant experience with a vendor (a competitor to CBI) and was vary as to what treatment I was going to receive from HPD. Nothing but perfection – is what I received. From professionalism, integrity, to promptness. Even Covid-19 did not stop them from delivering my ring on time (along with their professional pictures.) While the other vendor treated me as “yet another customer”, HPD (Wink and Layla) treated me as if I were their only customer – making me feel heard in every aspect of creating my ring. I do not shop for 2+ct diamonds every week so being treated with professionalism was important to me to make my forever purchase (not including future upgrades) an unforgettable experience.

My only concern was prongs. I wanted really small claw prongs (to show off diamond) and I was very pleased with how they came out! Their Boston Classic setting (customized a bit) was also made and polished to a perfection!

Again, thank you Wink and Layla for everything!

Back to the stone:

I have always been a G, VS1 type of a gal and have never dreamt of having an H color. Now, I am including some detailed pics that depict the H color most accurately for those who are wondering what an H looks like and if they should go with G, F…etc, instead (given that an upgrade from H to G in this size is about $4,000, I chose an H without hesitation as I plan to use the extra money to upgrade the size in the future.) Furthermore, mine is a high H (no yellow-ish hue visible to the naked eye), a high VS2 (so very clear), and no fluorescence, so it was a no brainer.

I also have a small E colored stone and when compared to this one, there was a very slight difference… certainly smaller than the difference one could see when upgrading the size instead of the color. Anyway, I do know that there has been much discussion about G vs. H – so, some of you might find this post helpful.

So, without a further ado… here she is: (I am a size 3.5, ring is size 4, for the reference.)

Beautiful!!! And you're absolutely right--- HPD is awesome!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
My first CBI 2.13ct, H, VS2 has finally arrived and I could not be more pleased! Pleased with the diamond, setting, and services that were provided by Wink and Layla. I had a rather unpleasant experience with a vendor (a competitor to CBI) and was vary as to what treatment I was going to receive from HPD. Nothing but perfection – is what I received. From professionalism, integrity, to promptness. Even Covid-19 did not stop them from delivering my ring on time (along with their professional pictures.) While the other vendor treated me as “yet another customer”, HPD (Wink and Layla) treated me as if I were their only customer – making me feel heard in every aspect of creating my ring. I do not shop for 2+ct diamonds every week so being treated with professionalism was important to me to make my forever purchase (not including future upgrades) an unforgettable experience.

My only concern was prongs. I wanted really small claw prongs (to show off diamond) and I was very pleased with how they came out! Their Boston Classic setting (customized a bit) was also made and polished to a perfection!

Again, thank you Wink and Layla for everything!

Back to the stone:

I have always been a G, VS1 type of a gal and have never dreamt of having an H color. Now, I am including some detailed pics that depict the H color most accurately for those who are wondering what an H looks like and if they should go with G, F…etc, instead (given that an upgrade from H to G in this size is about $4,000, I chose an H without hesitation as I plan to use the extra money to upgrade the size in the future.) Furthermore, mine is a high H (no yellow-ish hue visible to the naked eye), a high VS2 (so very clear), and no fluorescence, so it was a no brainer.

I also have a small E colored stone and when compared to this one, there was a very slight difference… certainly smaller than the difference one could see when upgrading the size instead of the color. Anyway, I do know that there has been much discussion about G vs. H – so, some of you might find this post helpful.

So, without a further ado… here she is: (I am a size 3.5, ring is size 4, for the reference.)

Congrats! It is beautiful! Please share more pics!!

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for posting all your pics. Congratulations again :appl:

I would really like to know the size difference between the Boston Classic and the New York Classic, a question for HPD I think. It must be very slight (read subtle) because they look the same to me (I have the New York). If I upgrade carat size again in the future, it would be a choice between the two I think.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for posting all your pics. Congratulations again :appl:

I would really like to know the size difference between the Boston Classic and the New York Classic, a question for HPD I think. It must be very slight (read subtle) because they look the same to me (I have the New York). If I upgrade carat size again in the future, it would be a choice between the two I think.

I thought they look very similar as well so I inquired about the differences before I decided on Boston. NY Classic is very similar to the Tiffany classic style. Boston Classic is an updated version - a bit less chunky on the top, more delicate.
They only used to have one style: NY Classic but people asked for alterations (tapering at the crown) so they created Boston Classic.

This is a description from HPD website:

"NY Classic: Faithful to Tiffany-style original dimensions, with a larger donut and thicker soft knife-edge shank."

"Boston Classic: Updated Tiffany-style with smaller donut and comfort fit shank tapering to a slim knife edge at the crown"

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
I thought they look very similar as well so I inquired about the differences before I decided on Boston. NY Classic is very similar to the Tiffany classic style. Boston Classic is an updated version - a bit less chunky on the top, more delicate.
They only used to have one style: NY Classic but people asked for alterations (tapering at the crown) so they created Boston Classic.

This is a description from HPD website:

"NY Classic: Faithful to Tiffany-style original dimensions, with a larger donut and thicker soft knife-edge shank."

"Boston Classic: Updated Tiffany-style with smaller donut and comfort fit shank tapering to a slim knife edge at the crown"

Thank you :)

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Your stone and ring are GORGEOUS!! Congrats!! My fiance and I enjoyed the same wonderful amazing service from Layla/Wink at HPD last year when shopping for my e-ring stone. I hope you enjoy your CBI as much as I do!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Your stone and ring are GORGEOUS!! Congrats!! My fiance and I enjoyed the same wonderful amazing service from Layla/Wink at HPD last year when shopping for my e-ring stone. I hope you enjoy your CBI as much as I do!

Thank you! I sure do and can't keep my eyes off of it. I would love to see a reveal of your beautiful CBI.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous!! Congratulations! My CBI ring is coming today from DK, and I've been sitting here staring out the window all day waiting for UPS.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous!! Congratulations! My CBI ring is coming today from DK, and I've been sitting here staring out the window all day waiting for UPS.

I can relate as I did the same. :lol: Don't forget to post a reveal with a lot of pictures as I truly enjoy looking at all CBIs.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
**edited by moderator, please read the rules, personal videos are not allowed to protect privacy**

Last edited by a moderator:

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
**edited by moderator, please read the rules, personal videos are not allowed to protect privacy**

Great video. Thank you for posting :wavey:

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock

Ok I just watched it and became damn near blind for a few seconds! Amazing.

Mavimaui

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! I am considering HPD for a custom 3 stone, and I am happy I found your thread. I intended on purchasing an F, accepted the thought of a G, but am still hesitant on purchasing an H. I have a two requests if you wouldn’t mind helping me! Wondering if you could take a side/profile shot comparing the H to your E? Also, if you wouldn’t mind sharing, and still have access, do you have the link to the diamond on HPD that you purchased? I would love to compare the HPD provided video of your gorgeous diamond to a smaller H that I am considering. Thank you so much!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
All of these beautiful super ideals cuts as solitaire! Loveee letting them shine in their own. I just purchased a Canera Ideal Hearts and Arrows in the same color and I don’t see any color just white sparkle and fire . Congrats!!!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
All of these beautiful super ideals cuts as solitaire! Loveee letting them shine in their own. I just purchased a Canera Ideal Hearts and Arrows in the same color and I don’t see any color just white sparkle and fire . Congrats!!!

I agree! I see no color in my H - sometimes I feel like they made a mistake, lol. Mine is "a high H" so perhaps, that is why. Have you done a reveal on yours yet? Would love to see it!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I agree! I see no color in my H - sometimes I feel like they made a mistake, lol. Mine is "a high H" so perhaps, that is why. Have you done a reveal on yours yet? Would love to see it!

I just posted a picture on the “post your Victor Canera beauties thread” :) I feel like I could have gone bigger and lower in color ! LOL

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I just posted a picture on the “post your Victor Canera beauties thread” :) I feel like I could have gone bigger and lower in color ! LOL

That is what I actually did. I went from G 1.92ct to H 2.13 as I was really wanting to cross that 2ct mark. With Victor, you can always upgrade as he has a great upgrade policy!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
spectacular super ideal round brilliant diamond! unparalleled in its light performance and light return. you have such good taste to select a beautiful, chic, stylish, classic setting. when one has the good fortune of acquiring a super ideal cut diamond there is no need for any extras for it to shine

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
I’m in love!! Absolutely stunning!!! Congratulations :razz:

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
The cut looks so divine!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
L

lydial

Elegant setting and beautiful perfect diamond!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I am such a sucker for a ring-pop silhouette classic solitaire. That is a BEAUTIFUL ring.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting is smooth as butter. Stunning ring!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Elegant setting and beautiful perfect diamond!

Thank you! I likewise admired your brand new 3+ ct one. What a stunner!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
spectacular super ideal round brilliant diamond! unparalleled in its light performance and light return. you have such good taste to select a beautiful, chic, stylish, classic setting. when one has the good fortune of acquiring a super ideal cut diamond there is no need for any extras for it to shine

The setting is smooth as butter. Stunning ring!

Loving the additional photos thank you @daisygrl...your ring is CBIncredible. :love:
Bright and beautiful! Wear in good health and blingy joy :appl:

The cut looks so divine!

I’m in love!! Absolutely stunning!!! Congratulations :razz:

Thank you, guys, your comments are much appreciated! It is an older post but I still stare at the ring whenever I can. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results