shape
carat
color
clarity

My final upgrade and heirloom ring

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Amazing. Just gorgeous! Congratulations!

CJMT2018

Rough_Rock
Oh my. Just WOW!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
See, now THAT is a ring!

I am so bad with names, but there is a PSer who has been asking about whether her own honker would work in a three stone on her small finger size :read: I think this thread would help answer her question!!

Now someone explain how three-stone fever hit PS so hard this year? Fashion trends are so interesting to me.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous upgrade! We are diamond twins!!

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular. I love it when hand shots are more beautiful than the professional photos. It really shows how much you and your new ring complement each other.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@coda72 Your ring is S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G ... Just W.O.W! :love:

I saw you posted the ct weights in your initial post; might you also have and share the actual diamonds’ dimensions? By carat weight, I think the proportions I’ve been leaning toward are pretty close, but it would help me (and probably others) really gauge & compare the actual measurements ... if you don’t mind/are able. Thank you! :wavey:

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Dimensions of the stones
The center stone I, VS2 3.09 carats 9.37-9.42x5.74 mm
Side stone H, VS2 0.52 carats 5.17-5.20x3.18 mm
Side stone I, SI1 0.516 carats 5.17-5.20x3.15 mm

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky you! Exquisite ring! Such sparkly goodness!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, lovely. Such a classic and timeless look. Enjoy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It's beautiful. But never say never...... :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@coda72 Thank you SOOO much for posting the measurements. I had a feeling your gorgeous ring’s proportions were close to what I’ve been thinking, and they’re actually almost identical ... so in addition to admiring your beauty, this gives me a great visual and confidence to know that it will look fabulous. Thank you, again! :wavey:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Oh oh wow! I love it! It is just gorgeous! Wear it well! Enjoy

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your lovely compliments. I have to admit, I never thought I’d get a 3 carat diamond, and to be honest I don’t think I’ll ever get DSS again. The 2.5 carat stone was really large enough for me, so the 3 carat one feels a bit too big. I guess I’ll get used to it in time, but I definitely wouldn’t go any bigger.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is beautiful... I'm gonna have to stop looking at three stone rings!! Makes me want one!! UGH!!!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@coda72, what is your ring size? That ring look massive on you! ...but, I mean, it is massive, so.... LOL :kiss2:

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
@coda72, what is your ring size? That ring look massive on you! ...but, I mean, it is massive, so.... LOL :kiss2:
I got it sized for my right hand because it’s a bit bigger so that I could wear it on either hand. My right hand ring finger is a 4.75, and my left one is a 4.5. I do love the 3 stone ring coverage as compared to the solitaire.

fizzychip

Rough_Rock
That coverage is amazing! Congratulations on a beautiful ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!! I think those proportions are close to MrsB's, and I love hers, too!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning. Congratulations on finding your perfect ring. It looks amazing on you.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning. Congratulations on finding your perfect ring. It looks amazing on you.

Thank you, I love it even though it took me a bit of time to get used to the size of it.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
@coda72 Thank you SOOO much for posting the measurements. I had a feeling your gorgeous ring’s proportions were close to what I’ve been thinking, and they’re actually almost identical ... so in addition to admiring your beauty, this gives me a great visual and confidence to know that it will look fabulous. Thank you, again! :wavey:

Best of luck making your own 3 stone ring. I’m sure it will be gorgeous.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular. I love it when hand shots are more beautiful than the professional photos. It really shows how much you and your new ring complement each other.

I’m glad you liked my pictures, although I don’t feel my amateurish attempts did this ring justice.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
See, now THAT is a ring!

I am so bad with names, but there is a PSer who has been asking about whether her own honker would work in a three stone on her small finger size :read: I think this thread would help answer her question!!

Now someone explain how three-stone fever hit PS so hard this year? Fashion trends are so interesting to me.

I don’t know about the 3 stone ring trend, I just know I didn’t want a solitaire anymore. Being a conservative person, it was halo or 3 stone, and I recently had a halo ring made, so 3 stone it was.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I’m trying to go back and respond to everyone individually, and I’m doing such a bad job of it. But here’s another shot. Thank you PreRaphaelite, CJMT2018, Bonfire, aac2013.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results