shape
carat
color
clarity

My Experience with High Performance Diamonds

diamond_shopper100

Rough_Rock
I'm new to Pricescope, but signed up so that I could pass along information about my experience with purchasing through a CBI diamond through High Performance Diamonds (HPD). To give some background, I am a guy who knew next-to-nothing about diamonds, but wanted to buy an engagement ring, and turned to Pricescope to learn more about the process. It was there that I found out about, and eventually purchased from, HPD.

After reading far more about diamonds than I ever expected (I'll admit, it was very overwhelming to start with), I was convinced that CBI was for me. Everyone has different criteria that are important to them when buying diamonds, but, for me, the cut was the most difficult one to quantify clearly because angles, symmetry, depth, etc. were all condensed down to a single grading. I saw a large amount of variation across these metrics within the "excellent" grade. I felt that there wasn't enough transparency about how these metrics translated to cost and felt that I might end up overpaying as a result. But with CBI, each diamond is, by definition, a perfect cut. It might be slightly more expensive than a similar stones elsewhere, but I knew I was getting the absolute best cut possible and, from there, I could simply choose the combination of size and color that worked for my price point. For me, this peace of mind was very important.

Once I had settled on CBI, I started corresponding with Layla from HPD. Through the entire email and text exchange, Layla was extremely patient with me, explaining all of the various metrics and telling me where to get more information so I can decide what's right for me. Once I had settled on a few stones, she arranged for a viewing at a location that was convenient for me. She didn't live very close to me, but accommodated by meeting in a nearby city. When we met, I found her to be very professional and knowledgeable - explaining exactly what to look for with each stone. At the end of our visit, I was sure that I wanted to buy from HPD - the stones were absolutely stunning and the staff was clearly a cut above the other jewelers I had visited (pun definitely intended!).

I went on to work directly with Layla, Wink, and the rest of the HPD staff over email. They walked me through the process of choosing a ring to go with my diamond. At no time during this process did I feel pressured to buy something I couldn't afford, and the entire team was very understanding with how long I took to decide. Wink, especially, was probably the nicest guy I talked to in the entire diamond-buying process. Once I made the purchase, the shipment process was extremely easy, and my ring arrived a few weeks after the final spec.

For anyone that is new to buying diamonds (or even those that aren't), I'd highly recommend working with HPD. I felt comfortable with the process from start to finish, and feel that I've gotten an extremely high-quality product for a reasonable price. For those that are interested, I'll post pictures of the ring later.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you signed up here just to post this review? That's interesting but welcome to PS!

You must come back with pictures of the finished ring though - this is the Show Me The Bling subforum of PS.

L

lydial

I bought a CBI for the exact same reason. Hope to see photos soon!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the finished ring that this gentleman organised for his very lucky fiancée!

Thanks for sharing it with us.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
A shout out to Layla! She's the best!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results