shape
carat
color
clarity

My Experience with Engagementringsdirect .. ERD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EE2000

Rough_Rock
Reading through the threads, I read rave review about a handful of dealers and I decided to go with Engagementringsdirect (Mark Turnowski). Well sorry to say that my experience wasn''t the overall joy that so many have seemed to have with ERD. I''m not here to bash the name of ERD, just to share my personal experience. I kept a list of all the contacts which you can see below.

I can say that Mark was initial very prompt and contacted me often. But it seems that once he received the money the quality of service I received went down hill. Emails and phone calls took 1-2 days to return and no voluntary status updates, I always had to ask for an update (where as before he received payment I would received phone calls from him frequently).

---------------
Thur, Apr 13 - First email sent. Received a prompt reply asking to call.
Thur, Apr 13 - Phone call to discuss specifics.
Wed, Apr 19 - Mark sent me 2 GIA certs, they look alright. He brings in the diamonds and tells me they don''t look that great and we can do better. He suggests to pass on them.
Thur, Apr 20 - Mark brings in another diamond and says it looks very good, he sends me the certs and I agree to see it. I will make an appointment with Gemappraisers.
Sat, Apr 22 - Calls to ask about the appointment. I couldn''t get in contact with Gemappraisers.
Mon, Apr 24 - Get appointment with Gem appraisers for Thursday. Mark will send the diamond for Wenesday.
* Thur, Apr 27 - View Diamond at GemAppraisers. Looks Great!
Fri, Apr 28 - Phone call to Mark, I want the diamond now we need to discuss the setting.
May 1-5 - Discuss Settings/metals/pricing
May 5 - Decide on setting in Platinum with side diamonds and price. Tells me it should take about a week or a few days more once everything is ready.
Mon, May 8 - Discuss wire transfer info.
Wed, May 10 - Wire Transfer sent.
Tues, May 16 - Contact Mark for status update and confirm the transfer was alright. He has not received the Diamond from Atlas, says he will contact them again.
Thur, May 18 - I contact Mark for an update. He received the diamond, and says the ring will ship end of next week.
Sat, May 27 - I contact Mark for a status update, says it I will get it next week.
Thur, June 1 (call) - I call for another status update. Claims delay because of Atlas not sending the diamond and that a Jewelry show in Las Vegas delayed the ring, should get sometime next week. He will email me with specifics after he''s talked to the manufacturer.
Mon, June 5th - I never receive an update, so I email for the status.
Tues, June 6th - Mark calls saying that they received the ring from the manufacturer and sending it to the setter and that it will ship the next day.
Wed, June 7th - Ring is shipped and tracking numbers sent.
Thur, June 8th - Receive ring, looks great. But appraisal says 18k White Gold (I ordered and paid for Platinum)
Click Here For More Info
Sat, June 10th - Call Mark and mention the problem, he says I can verify the metal at any jeweler. If it is white Gold he offers $200 refund to keep as-is otherwise I will have to send it back and wait for it to be remade in Platinum. Calls me back later and confirms that it is White Gold.
Mon, June 12th - I decide to keep the ring because of time, but I call Mark and talk about the $400 difference on his website and he easily agrees to match the price stated on his website. He says he will mail out the check that day.
Mon, June 19 - I send Mark an email since I have not received the check yet. He promptly responds saying the check was mailed last week.
Tues, June 20 - Receive refund check.
--------------------

In the end I got a beautiful ring with an amazing diamond at a better price then I would have paid locally. But because of the experience I had in this situation, I would decide to try out one of the other highly rated Pricescope Vendors for my next purchase.

C Smith

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad it ended up okay but I''d shop elsewhere for future purchases if it were my money and time. Once I get a bad taste for something, it takes tremendous doses of customer service to make me happy again. It doesn''t sound like you got "tremendous" when he initially offered to only take you for an additional 200 dollars before you confronted him on it.
38.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing your experiences. It is good to have feedback on vendors, both positive and negative, to help others judge for themselves.

EE2000

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/24/2006 10:37:58 AM
Author: Sundial
Thanks for sharing your experiences. It is good to have feedback on vendors, both positive and negative, to help others judge for themselves.

I wasn''t happy with my experience with ERD, and I understand things go wrong, but I don''t feel that I received the stellar service that so many other PSers received. Even when things were delayed or incorrect, I didn''t feel that much of an effort was made to notify me or correct the situation.

Just too many things went wrong:
- Long Delay in receiving the ring
- No notification from ERD about delay (I always had to contact them)
- Sending me the wrong metal
- Offering the incorrect amount for refund

If it was one issue, I would understand and forgive, but with continual mistakes I can''t understand it. If it wasn''t for Mark''s rave reviews I would have been more worried who I was dealing with. I just hope that when I complete my appraisal that I truely got the correct diamond I paid for too.

EE2000

Rough_Rock
EDIT : Double posted

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results