shape
carat
color
clarity

my experience on K, faint brown, strong blue fluorecence

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
I recently bought the 3.4cts, K, faint brown, with strong blue fluorecence diamond. I agonized over it because of some negative reviews out there for these kind of diamonds, before I decided to bit the bullet. I came across a thread on this forum and it was very helpful for me to make a decision. I would like to help any new comer with my experience. ( I was also suggested to start a new thread by some from the old thread.)
I am now a believer of k, faint brown diamonds. I don’t like the regular k because I was able to see the faint yellow tint. I used to have a pair of K earrings. But for the k, faint brown, I will also add to the voice that says that faint brown k is better than the yellow K. The diamond looks more white or colorless than the I color diamond I have, face up. Both are gia graded. I think that the fluo is helping the faint brown although some think that blue fluo doesn't do any good for the brown color. I bought it to set in a pendant originally. But I love it so much that I had it set in my e-ring and set the original e-ring stone in the pendant.
2.5 cts I color in the pendant and 3.4 cts k, faint brown, strong blue fluo, in the ring. I took some comparison pictures. I just took them with my phone, in door, with some day lights in the rooms. My wedding band is G to I color.
And the diamond is very sparkly as it's an ideal cut with hca less than 2. Regardless of the presence of the strong fluo, it is definitely not oily or hazy.

A64395B0-6E55-47C7-97E2-E50F7E8D66BB.jpeg 0F9EBA52-29F2-4849-96BC-5FD0741881FC.jpeg AADAAB9A-6BD1-4538-AA25-CE114383B6E7.jpeg C2429187-9552-4676-BB77-7E634DCC9B4D.jpeg

Last edited:

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great! I recently got a K as well. I wish they have fluorescence.

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for kind words. Forgot to mention that I got it at a huge discount because of a faint brown identifier (and maybe because
of a strong fluo) in the report. It was a Win Win.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that looks huge, bright and white - I can't see any brown at all. And compared to your pendant, it still impressive! What a great deal you picked up! I guess what I have learned in all of this is.. the numbers and stats etc tell us one thing - but sometimes we have to use our eyes to buy! =)2

Q

Queenie60

Pretty nice! Congratulations

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks amazing!!! I love it! To your eye, is it whiter than the pendant?

Also- any idea what size are the diamonds in your band? Looks great!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
For the record - GIA and most graders are very harsh on brown tints - so i am not surprised it looks whiter than "it should".
Secondly fluorescence definetly helps brown diamonds look lighter shades. I have sold Argyle champagne brown diamonds for 35 years and we sometimes get complaints "my diamond looks too pale when i am outside"

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Both are GORGEOUS! Congrats!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think your rings are stunning, wear them in good health and happiness!

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
Looks amazing!!! I love it! To your eye, is it whiter than the pendant?

Also- any idea what size are the diamonds in your band? Looks great!

Thank you and yes,
it looks whiter than the I color one in the pendant. That’s why I set the I (my e ring diamond) in the Pendant and k in the ring. The diamonds in my wedding band are 13 pointers.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is surprising so I'm glad you posted. The faint brown K really does look whiter than the I. Do you think it has anything with the "I" being in
the pronged-bezel setting (or did the K look whiter when compared with the I before it went into the bezel)?

How is the cutting on your "I"? Is it less than 2 on the HCA.? Comparable to the K cutting?

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
That is surprising so I'm glad you posted. The faint brown K really does look whiter than the I. Do you think it has anything with the "I" being in
the pronged-bezel setting (or did the K look whiter when compared with the I before it went into the bezel)?

How is the cutting on your "I"? Is it less than 2 on the HCA.? Comparable to the K cutting?

I compared them when the I was still in the ring. the k, faint brown was definitely whiter. And it’s the reason why K is in the ring and I is in the pendant now. So it’s not about the pendant setting. I used to think that K fain brown means the diamond has the faint yellow plus the brown color. But i read an article that explains that this diamond body color is brown not yellow like the majority of the diamonds and that the degree of the color you can see is K, which is faint. Some also mentioned that human eyes can see yellow more easily than brown and hence faint brown would look more colorless than normal yellow k. So, I purchased it to at least see it with my own eyes. I completely agree with that assessment. As for the cutting, the I is also GIA triple ex like the K, but with the poor HCA, I believe. I wasn’t able to see any difference in the brightness of these two though.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, that diamond looks big, sparkly, and white! What a find, it's stunning. And a good price point too, can't beat that!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you and yes,
it looks whiter than the I color one in the pendant. That’s why I set the I (my e ring diamond) in the Pendant and k in the ring. The diamonds in my wedding band are 13 pointers.

Very helpful, thank you! And wow does it ever look white! Nicely done!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamonds; welcome to the ‘K’lub! It’s amazing how much whiter your K faces up vs the I. In your shoes, I’d have done the same with the ring/pendant plan swap. :wavey:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Great thread; thanks for sharing! I also prefer a brown tint to yellow. Your two diamonds...the K looking whiter than the I proves again that CUT IS KING! Early in one of my diamond searches I saw a K color princess cut. The brown tint gave the faceting more dimension, if that makes sense. It was in a brick and mortar store. And when I commented on how pretty the K color stone was the sales person looked at me like a deer in headlights.

Could you please post a link to the thread that was helpful to you? Thx!:cool2:

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for posting your experience! Your diamond is gorgeous!

Nina-W

Shiny_Rock
Looks beautiful and white to me, even with your band!

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
This is a stunning and delicious diamond. It's super white, and the very very very faint touch of brown seems to enhance the color, like the faintest pink undertone. Now I want to figure out how to get brown tinted K diamonds out of search engines. :) Congratulations!!

Miss DMD

Rough_Rock
I recently bought the 3.4cts, K, faint brown, with strong blue fluorecence diamond. I agonized over it because of some negative reviews out there for these kind of diamonds, before I decided to bit the bullet. I came across a thread on this forum and it was very helpful for me to make a decision. I would like to help any new comer with my experience. ( I was also suggested to start a new thread by some from the old thread.)
I am now a believer of k, faint brown diamonds. I don’t like the regular k because I was able to see the faint yellow tint. I used to have a pair of K earrings. But for the k, faint brown, I will also add to the voice that says that faint brown k is better than the yellow K. The diamond looks more white or colorless than the I color diamond I have, face up. Both are gia graded. I think that the fluo is helping the faint brown although some think that blue fluo doesn't do any good for the brown color. I bought it to set in a pendant originally. But I love it so much that I had it set in my e-ring and set the original e-ring stone in the pendant.
2.5 cts I color in the pendant and 3.4 cts k, faint brown, strong blue fluo, in the ring. I took some comparison pictures. I just took them with my phone, in door, with some day lights in the rooms. My wedding band is G to I color.
And the diamond is very sparkly as it's an ideal cut with hca less than 2. Regardless of the presence of the strong fluo, it is definitely not oily or hazy.

A64395B0-6E55-47C7-97E2-E50F7E8D66BB.jpeg 0F9EBA52-29F2-4849-96BC-5FD0741881FC.jpeg AADAAB9A-6BD1-4538-AA25-CE114383B6E7.jpeg C2429187-9552-4676-BB77-7E634DCC9B4D.jpeg

Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! The pictures really show how white the K faint brown diamond is. Your post help me make up my mind. I’m going for K-L faint brown. Just wondering what’s the clarity of your K diamond?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really amazing that the K looks whiter than the I. I can't understand how that can be??? However, it worked out remarkably well for you!

I actually have a K and an I in two different cuts and think the K looks about the same as my I color stone. So color is something that really has to be seen!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Himalayas Would love to see more pics of this magical K! Do you have a smtb thread? Or just add more here!!

DiaLuv

Shiny_Rock
It is gorgeous.

Himalayas

Rough_Rock
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! The pictures really show how white the K faint brown diamond is. Your post help me make up my mind. I’m going for K-L faint brown. Just wondering what’s the clarity of your K diamond?

Sorry, I haven't logged in for awhile and just saw the posts. My K diamond is SI1 clarity. I am so glad my post is helpful to you!

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
I saw DBL advt in instagram for several light brown diamonds . No idea if they are like this or not.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results