shape
carat
color
clarity

my dream ring

kristi2011

Rough_Rock
Hey guys I just want to update you on my new setting. For those who read my postings I debated for a while weather to halo my ring or not. At first my finance did not care too much for the halo look and I was trying to pleased him by setting it in something that he likes but after many wks of looking here and admiring everyone's halo rings, I had my heart set on getting it halo. Thanks you all of you for posting your rings here. It served as a excellent tool for me in deciding what i like and didn't like. I've printed many photos of what i like and dislike and took it to my jeweler to get mine custom made. I couldn't be happier with the results!

Now that my ring is finished my finance loves it! I guess he had a bad experience with halo rings. His secretary has a ring that the center stone is made of of fours smaller stones next to each other and then it was halo and he just like like the cluster look of it.

GIA. 1.75 round brilliant center. Total carat weight 2.75
H color. Triple X. VS1.
4.75 ring size

photo-5.JPG

photo-1.JPG

photo-11.JPG

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Re: finally my dream ring

oh its beautiful! what wedding bands are you planning on wearing with it? It looks huge on your finger by the way!

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Oh my, that's beautiful!!! I'm glad you came to a decision and you're very happy with it!!! Now, enjoy!!!!! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock

wow! I'm glad you got the setting you really wanted :) enjoy it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goreous halo!

kristi2011

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys. It was a very scary process for us to go custom because we didnt know if the final product will look good or not. And yet we worried about the craftmanship but everything turned out perfectly.

Mrs. Williamson- I dont know what I'm wearing for the wedding band yet. For some reason wedding bands never appeal to me. I dont like the look for 2 rings next to each other. I was thinking about getting a wedding band but wearing it on a dif finger or wear it when I dont want to wear my e-ring. What do you think?

LAG2010

Shiny_Rock
it's beautiful, and i love how you went with the cushion shaped halo. the finger coverage is amazing!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
kristi2011|1300984844|2879021 said:
Thanks guys. It was a very scary process for us to go custom because we didnt know if the final product will look good or not. And yet we worried about the craftmanship but everything turned out perfectly.

Mrs. Williamson- I dont know what I'm wearing for the wedding band yet. For some reason wedding bands never appeal to me. I dont like the look for 2 rings next to each other. I was thinking about getting a wedding band but wearing it on a dif finger or wear it when I dont want to wear my e-ring. What do you think?
I love your new setting! It's really beautiful.

I often wear my wedding band on my right ring finger and my ering alone on my left hand. I like to switch it up, and I think there's nothing wrong with wearing your ering alone.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
it came out perfect, I love it!!!!! :love: I think cushion shaped halos on a RB look devine :)

stci

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! You did it perfect! :appl:

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! spectacular! it looks gigantic on your hand!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it really looks amazing!!

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
kristi2011|1300984844|2879021 said:

I agree, such a pretty ring! I would eternity band or a wide diamond band for, wear on separate hands :)

Profile/side view pics please!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It's fabulous! :appl:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous! Congrats. :appl:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that it is pretty, congrats.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring...especially love the cushion shaped halo. I also must say you have the prettiest hands!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
That is a VERY VERY VERY gorgeous halo! It looks so great on you!!!! :love: :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful and perfect. I love a cushion halo on a round stone as well. Yours is executed perfectly IMHO.

Could you post photos of the gallery (side of the ring), and also what size are the melee in the band?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! :love: I'd also get an eternity ring to wear when you don't want to wear the halo ring. It is nice to have variety!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! Congrats!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

"Your dream ring" : I can understand why! :love:

cheers--Sharon

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
The cushion halo looks perfect with that stone!! Gorgeous :love: Would you mind sharing your jeweler? And I agree, we need profile shots! :wink2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your dream ring is gorgeous. Sparkle on . . .

kristi2011

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much. I didn't think that by haloing my ring it will look this big on my finger. hehehe. I guess I must have small fingers.
I know some people get their rings halo because of size. Me, I'm actually fine with the size of my center stone. There is just something about it halos that I cant just explain...I just love love the look of it. I work in sales and because of its size and
its so blingy I now start to worry if it will effect my sales.

The jeweler I went to is Golden Dream in Chicago on Jewelrys Row. Because I was so detailed and knew exactly what I wanted down to the size of diamonds on the halo and shank and what types of prongs setting I wanted, the sales person was not so kind. He had terrible people skills. Anyways he introduced me to the jeweler and he was awesome. I had a ton of pictures to show him exactly what I wanted and he did a great job! For anyone who is thinking about doing custom work, I would highly recommend working directly with the goldsmith so there is no lost in communication.

For the halo 1.3 - 1.5mm diamonds were used. The corners are 1.3mm diamonds and gradually increased to 1.5mm then deceasing back down to 1.3mm. This is duplicated on all 4 sides. For the shank, it starts at 2mm for the sides and then tapers to 1.5mm near the halo center stone.

Here are more pictures for those who asked. Sorry the pictures are terrible. Some of them I took it when I was in my car. I was working and had a cancellation so I decided to take pictures.

photo-5.JPG

photo-7.JPG

kristi2011

Rough_Rock
here's another one

22.jpg

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
That is drool-worthy!! Love it!! GORGEOUS!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
It is amazing and I actually did think it was a cushion at first glance. Your jeweler did an awesome job!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful halo, congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results