shape
carat
color
clarity

My DIY Invites :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
After many variations and failed printing attempts, we finally have a version we''re happy with!!
36.gif

Photos of invite here and RSVP card next!!

DSCN3184_nonames.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
And our Tacori-inspired postcard RSVP!! We tweaked it a bit since this printout (made them wider, so they text doesn''t look so cramped), but this is basically what it will look like

DSCN3177_nonames.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
So that''s them! They''re very simple, but that''s what we wanted. The paper is nice and thick from Paper Source, and the blue and brown print look really rich on it. We bought deckle-edge scissors to rough up the edges a bit (I tried ripping them to get it a bit softer-looking, but UGH -- too time-consuming and hard!!), and I think between that and the ribbon, it gives the invites a bit more oomph!

We also did Thank Yous that match the invites/RSVPs -- those just say Pamela & Jose with the PJ monogram
1.gif

Also are doing matching table cards -- not individual place settings, but one card for each table (actually, maybe I''ll post those too ...) -- and maybe menus.

We''re also making paper cones for rose petals and will use that same blue ribbon for hanging them (though the cones are on a kind of light light silvery paper that we thought would look more bridal and pretty hanging on the chairs).

Amazing how the Martha comes out in you when you''re a bride on a budget!! But it''s fun. The things I knew I couldn''t do -- flowers! -- I ''m leaving to the pros, but it''s pretty fun trying to figure this stuff out and it''s just the BEST feeling when something comes out and you''re happy with it!!
1.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ellaila, they look fantastic!!! You did such a great job, they look totally professional. :) I know what you mean, I was on a budget too, and once I started going on the DIY stuff, I just couldn''t stop! hehe!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!! I have to say this site has been the HUGEST inspiration to me! Honestly, I was so stumped about the RSVP postcard thing till I saw Tacori''s amazing invitations ... :)

And now, thanks to you HouMedGal, I''m on a mission for a pretty fake flower to attach to a comb for my hair!!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
ellaila, i love the color combo -- beautiful, especially since the location is by the water
emstar.gif
i also think that the edges are such a great detail! great job, i know that took a ton of work.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Lulu! I have a newfound appreciation for graphic designers now, that''s for sure! That Scriptina font is pretty but it''s such a pain to work with because the swirly things make it impossible to look centered -- so that took some work! But all in all, it was fun, and now it''s up to my fiance to deal with the cutting (I am "scissors-challenged" as someone once put it. Honestly, I can''t cut a straight line to save my life. I don''t know how I made it out of kindergarten!) and "ribboning" -- though the bows are up to me
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2006 9:34:48 PM
Author: ellaila
Thanks!! I have to say this site has been the HUGEST inspiration to me! Honestly, I was so stumped about the RSVP postcard thing till I saw Tacori''s amazing invitations ... :)

And now, thanks to you HouMedGal, I''m on a mission for a pretty fake flower to attach to a comb for my hair!!

You are so sweet. I am glad I inspired you! It is so much easier too once you start getting RSVPs and you don''t have to open anything. Another, surprised bonus was many people wrote messages to us on the blank side. I really like that. I did write numbers in the corner of the blank side so if someone forgot to put their name we knew who sent it. Your invites look great. Are you doing programs?

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha, awesome, I''m glad you liked my flower! hehe!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohh- Ellaila, I love them, they are just too cute!

griffitk

Rough_Rock
Very cute! I love the colors! :)

If you do decide that you would rather tear the paper, you should try a tearing ruler. They have funky edges so you can get just the look you want very quickly. Link to tearing ruler I''m pretty sure Michael''s and JoAnne''s both carry them.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! :)

I''ve already bought two different pairs of deckle-edge scissors as well as paint brushes (to try and do a wet tear - a DIY thing I saw somewhere), and I think my fiance will kill me if I buy anything else for these invitations! He''s able to use scissors much better than I can, so the cutting is def. up to him. If I were doing it, I''d be all over those rulers though.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
They are amazing! You should be so pleased with yourself.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
SDL, have you posted your invitations on the site yet? I haven''t seen them if you did ...

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Just saw this thread, and had to respond as I''m in the midst of my DIY-invite project. (and I''m also using a tacori-inspired RSVP postcard!)

Yours are soooo pretty. They look professional- the color scheme, font, & layout totally flows.

You gals give me inspiration! I hope that mine will look half as good- should have pics up in about 2 weeks.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!! Good luck with your projects, ChargerGrrl -- can''t wait to see them!!

We''re sending ours out this weekend
36.gif
-- I''m so excited!!

By the way, most people I''ve talked to have never seen/heard of the postcard-style RSVP and think it is absolutely ingenious -- I must agree! Cheaper postage, no extra envelopes, and they''re really cute to boot!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, SO cute!!! I love the little seashell at the bottom of the invites :)

That Scriptina font was such a find! Free fonts rock my world.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results