shape
carat
color
clarity

My DIY Crystal Shoes

T

talamasca

Well, I finally plucked up the courage and made a start on adding the crystals to my shoes and what fun I've had! It's so easy and I absolutely love doing it :D

(Previous post - [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-frekechild.165590/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-frekechild.165590/[/URL])

I've spent about 3 hours so far and used approx 450 crystals (including coloured ones on the backs). By far the hardest thing is doing the same design on both shoes and I unfortunately added 1 extra gem to the top line on the inside back of the left shoe, which meant every line then had an extra crystal compared to the other 3 sides, but surprisingly (especially as I'm a bit of a perfectionist) I really don't care cos I think they look really good and it's just so much fun! I can't wait to finish them off next weekend....

Before pics:

DIY Crystal Shoes Before Pic 1.JPG

DIY Crystal Shoes Before Pic 2.JPG

T

talamasca

And progress so far:

DIY Crystal Shoes After Pic 1.JPG

DIY Crystal Shoes After Pic 2.JPG

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
How fun! Love that you made them yourself!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good job, talamasca. They look great!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're so clever, talamasca! They look fantastic!! :appl:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look really cute, good job :appl:

T

talamasca

:appl: yay I finished my shoes this weekend :D It took another 2-3 hours and I'm not sure how many crystals I ended up using as I lost count :lol: It's quite difficult trying to match the design so they aren't 'perfect', but I'm pretty pleased with myself for perservering.

I'm going to wear them for a bit to see how many pop off as the shoes crease so I can stick them back on and then hopefully on the day they'll all stay on *fingers crossed*

Finished Shoes 1.JPG

Finished Shoes 2.JPG

Finished Shoes 3.JPG

Finished Shoes 4.JPG

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great! Congratulations!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
The finished product looks fantastic! Great job! :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
good job, they are too cute!! can I ask what type of glue you used? and if you did have any problems with them 'popping off'? :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results