shape
carat
color
clarity

My David Klass custom Art Deco AVR halo thanks to PS

hidingpearl

Rough_Rock
Today I finally received my long awaiting engagement ring! It took months and months of researching designs, diamonds, vendors and more designs and I am absolutely ecstatic it's now on my hot little hand! In person it is so incredibly delicate with perfectly balanced proportions and just the right amount of finger coverage for me. The ring is actually crazy perfect.

I was one of the incredibly lucky winners to receive the $1000 Pricescope holiday giveaway, which enabled me to buy the AVR I ogled over for months! The customer service I experienced at GOG was out of this world. I mostly dealt with David and he was so fantastic! Incredibly patient and fun. I narrowly missed out on a .89 K AVR back in July '14 which I had my heart set on. After that, we looked into getting an AVR custom cut, but I decided not to go ahead with that option. I just feel so blessed that this generous PS competition allowed me to purchase my dream AVR I never imagined purchasing because of my modest budget. I am so, so happy with the G colour. I know if I chose a J or lower, I'd be looking for the colour all the time, trying to pick up on different tints (my mind wanders in puzzling ways). But the G is white and it's white all the time! Happy girl right here :)

.797ct G SI1 AVR
5.78 x 5.80 x 3.90
46.2% table
67.3% depth
19.3% crown

pic1_39_15.jpg aset_38_15.jpg

Prior to purchasing a diamond, I had scoured Ruby Lane several times a day to see if anything popped up of interest. One day I came across a darling platinum half-eternity wedding band, approximately 2.1mm in width at a very decent price. It looked like it needed a bit of touching up, so I contacted David Klass and he happily added divine milgrain to the worn out sides. He was so helpful and prompt it was a no brainer for me to use him again once I was ready for my custom ring to be made.

These following rings were my inspiration, however I wanted a design that would allow a wedding band to fit flush against the engagement ring:
screen_shot_2015-03-11_at_11.png screen_shot_2015-04-10_at_12_1.png

I actually initially purchased a .89ct J VS2 AVC even though I only ever had my eyes on OECs and AVRs. But the square shape (and price) of this AVC won be over and I sent it over to DK. Unfortunately, my vision just wasn't coming together with the AVC, and DK graciously offered for me to think about it a bit more (you can read a bit about it here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/art-deco-halo-custom-ring-woes.210494/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/art-deco-halo-custom-ring-woes.210494/[/URL]) So back the diamond went to GOG and following a well timed price drop of the diamond, I purchased my dream AVR!

David Klass and I tweaked the designs several times, made a couple wax molds, and recast the ring once or twice until it was perfect. David was so reasonable and absolutely went out of his way until I was 100% happy with the ring. His customer service is absolutely phenomenal and he has a good sense of humour too! I just couldn't speak any more highly of David. Below are photos of my ring journey for your enjoyment :) The ring is a size 6.5 and seems to be a perfect fit so far! (my fingers shrink and swell so many times per day!).

An early CAD
9374.jpg

Rough castings
20150311_083234.jpg
20150311_083240_copy.jpg

Almost finished ring. David left the bezel and shoulders without milgrain for me to see first, but I decided to milgrain both. A choice I am extremely happy about.
smooth8.jpg
smooth4.jpg
smooth6.jpg

David's beautiful photos of the finished ring on a lovely hand model!
soph2.jpg
sophring2-1.jpg
sophring5-1.jpg
sophring-1.jpg

Hand shots of MY ring on MY finger! Can't believe it :lol: (Taken with an iPhone for now.. more to come in the next few days if wanted!) My fiance, with good reason, asked for me to wait until he came home from work so we could open the package together, so the sun was unfortunately down by the time he came home.
screen_shot_2015-04-10_at_11.png
screen_shot_2015-04-10_at_11_0.png
screen_shot_2015-04-10_at_11_1.png
screen_shot_2015-04-10_at_11_2.png

I just wanted to add a HUGE thank you to the whole PS community. There is absolutely no way my fiance and I would have found a comparable diamond ring without PS, especially within this price range. I have had so much enjoyment scouring through Rocky Talky and Show Me the Bling pretty much every day. Thank you to everyone for helping me along the way, and particularly to PS who held such a generous competition, allowing me to end up with absolutely the ring of my dreams :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh your ring is gorgeous :love: and I am so happy you have the ring of your dreams. :appl:
Congratulations! Please post lots more pics. :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this!!!!!!!!

I am so so so happy someone who was actually shopping for an e ring won one of the 1k spots

Do you have pics of the band?

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my :love: :love: GORGEOUS...substantial and yet delicate. Just perfect on your finger. David Klass is an awesome. He might not get your vision right off the bat but he will work at it till he gets there to ensure you have your dream ring :appl: :appl: And yes it is a dreamy ring....love the AVR. It is on my list.....hope I will get lucky to own one too!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is just gorgeous! Congrats - :love: :love: :love:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous halo ring!!!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
Swooon....I love Art Deco pieces!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! Gorgeous stone! I love all of the antique details.

I am so happy for you that working with David was a dream and that he created the perfect engagement ring for you, your AVR and also gave your band a nice facelift! It looks absolutely beautiful on you!

I would love to see more photos also.

Congratulations!

:love:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Thanks for including all the specs and gog detail photos. Please post more photos with your wedding band! Can you also include photos so we can see how flush they sit together?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is simply beautiful :love:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the thread captures your project from start to finish:)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! It is beautiful and it is gratifying to know that the prize could not have gone to a better person for a better cause! Congratulations!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous - so glad you won. Enjoy!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on winning the giveaway. :clap: It is nice to see how you used the gift certificate and how much you love your new ring. Thank you for sharing such wonderful details about looking for the stone, having ihe ring made and of course the fantastic photos! I love the design and it just turned out beautifully! :love: Yay! :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and I love the lower profile! :love:

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring!
Congrats!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad that you were able to win the $1000 prize and score such a beautiful ring!! David's bench really does amazing restoration work as I have a piece done by them too. Enjoy your new rings and congrats!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, I am so happy you ended up with such a beautiful stone & ring :clap: !!!

hidingpearl

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the lovely compliments :) I am still staring at my ring all the time and am absolutely in love with it! I finally had a chance to snap up some pics with my SLR. Enjoy!

img_6943.jpg

img_6933.jpg

img_6932.jpg

img_6847.jpg

img_6846.jpg

img_6842.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
its great!looks like a perfect size on your hand, not to small, not too clunky. I used to have a plain shank halo too and i think they are the perfect in between for someone who like bling but also simplicity

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so pretty! I love that setting!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is so incredibly beautiful, congratulations, LOVE the design, it looks amazing on you. :)

hidingpearl

Rough_Rock
Oh goodness, all of your compliments are so kind. Nothing will change how much I love this ring, but it makes me even more giddy to read all of your kind and supportive comments. Thank you to the users who guided me through this journey and gave me encouragement when needed. It is so worth it to be patient until you find the perfect diamond and setting. I'm lucky that the two vendors I went with were also exceptionally patient and accommodating. Every now and then my fiance will out of the blue ask "can I please look at your ring again?" - how cool is that?! He loves it so much too! :love: :dance:

Niel|1428678845|3859854 said:
I love this!!!!!!!!

I am so so so happy someone who was actually shopping for an e ring won one of the 1k spots

Do you have pics of the band?

Skhii said:
Gorgeous ring! Thanks for including all the specs and gog detail photos. Please post more photos with your wedding band! Can you also include photos so we can see how flush they sit together?

Here you go!

img_7047_0.jpg

img_7049.jpg

img_7061.jpg

img_7056.jpg

img_7051.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my absolute favorites EVER! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is pure perfection! DK did an excellent job - it looks beautiful on you, it really is just the right size for your finger. Love the band with it, one of the prettiest sets I've seen in a while!!! :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! Beautiful set!

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! So glad all your patience paid off. Your ring tuned out very dreamy and beautiful!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The proportions on your ring is lovely. Love the set on your hand. They look perfect on you :appl:

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results