shape
carat
color
clarity

My cuff is here!!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
very nice @gregchang35 - love the mixed metal and that green diamond is to die for! Congratulations on a great cuff.

Aww - thank you!!!
I have FCD fever at the moment.... hmm. What does that mean????!!!!

Mazlou

Rough_Rock
Beautiful cuff! Great design and the blue green diamond is gorgeous. I'm curious, what photo/video specs do you ask for from FCD vendors to be able to compare to Leibish? I've been wondering about being able to compare FCDs I see presented online.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful cuff! Great design and the blue green diamond is gorgeous. I'm curious, what photo/video specs do you ask for from FCD vendors to be able to compare to Leibish? I've been wondering about being able to compare FCDs I see presented online.

I use Leibish as the starting ground for all my FCDs, based on what other FCD collectors have mentioned in this group.

When i am casting a wide net to search for FCD ie searching with other FCD vendors, I get them to take pictures like what Leibish has on their website:
1) have the stone in the box with the white cushion
2) 360* video imaging of the stone in a white box (preferred) or what ever medium that they have.

Note, they cant provide the exact imaging as all vendors/ photographers have different tools/ camera/ setup etc. You have to get a baseline of some description and use that to gauge what you are comfortable in comparing. Some use back lights so you have to be careful of what you are seeing being colour that is reflected/ refracted, as that may change the appearance of the colour of the FCD.

There are additional pics/ imaging that i do ask for:
3) pics of stone inside under normal lighting (flourescent for me as i am in indoor environment) and then pics of stone outside (close to window) either on the white cushion in box or on hand or diamond holder/ tweezers.
4) after you have decided that there are 2 stones to choose from ... have the stones ( together or individually) sit on the metal colour band that you are working with _ 18k WG or 18K YG / rose gold or platinum etc. if it is going to be haloed- have the melee sitting next to the stones to know what works.

That is how i work with the imaging from different vendors. Ultimately, the more research/ viewing of FCDs imaging the better your eye gets. You have to be happy in the end with the stone you get, if not, return it. Nothing, and i mean nothing, beats viewing the stones in person, if your budget allows for all the respective shipping and taxes back and forth.

THE BIGGEST THING to calibrate in your mind: these IMAGES that you seeing ARE MAGNIFIED. In real life the stones are going to be smaller, cos not all stones are the same size as you computer screen!!!! LOL.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Mazlou

edit:

the 360* video is not in the white cushion. it is what ever they can do it on. of course a white box is best, to compare to how Leibish does it. Sometimes, they will do it on a mirrored table that they spin around. You gotta re-balance your eyes as it is different to how LEibish does their 360* video.

I have heard that the stone on a white cushion in a box is probably the closest you can get to the colour that you are going to see.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
It’s officially mine!

My bday today and I got this to wear, officially!!! It took some time to get it off my wrist for the photo shoot for you guys, then to package it for today.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
It’s officially mine!

My bday today and I got this to wear, officially!!! It took some time to get it off my wrist for the photo shoot for you guys, then to package it for today.

Happy birthday!

Wonderful cuff, congratulations!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
It’s officially mine!

Happy Birthday!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so sharp and sleek and the green diamond.... Just handsome on you! LOL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results