Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity
  • Pricescope Upgrade/Maintenance Is Complete.

We still have a few things to iron out. If you see any bugs, issues or have any concerns, let us know here in this discussion.

My Ceylon Blue Sapphire Finally Set :)

userangl28212003

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It only took 3 weeks to set my new bagget cut unheated Ceylon blue sapphire. Setting is from Ivy and Rose vintage. Again sapphire is 6.1x4.3mm .83cts. It has a lovely blue color that is more saturated in person that again my camera phone can catch. Not the ideal trade blue, but bright enough for me :). The video and first picture are in indirect sunlight and other pictures are in direct sunlight.

Attachments

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I also love stones that aren’t necessarily trade ideal. There is something for all of us in the CS world!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully! I love the combination and juxtaposition of the angles and curves. And the color is a really lovely blue. So nice!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so pretty on you! I love there blue shade of your stone. It's so lovely and bright!

userangl28212003

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I also love stones that aren’t necessarily trade ideal. There is something for all of us in the CS world!
Thanks. To me i think it is close to cornflower blue. What blue would u say it is?

Yelena

Rough_Rock
I think it is gorgeous and yes I think that is cornflower blue.

Yelena

Rough_Rock

Yelena

Rough_Rock
Probably not the best reference but this is what I believe cornflower blue sapphires look like, plus there are some pictures of actual cornflowers.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks. To me i think it is close to cornflower blue. What blue would u say it is?
I’m not an expert. I just think it’s pretty! From reading these forums, I feel like cornflower has multiple interpretations and as a layperson, I’m not sure what that color truly is! The most coveted sapphires on this forum tend to be very intense.

I think your stone is gorgeous and the setting is perfect for it!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My screen must be off because those flowers and sapphires look purple to me! And I have a blue sapphire with definite purple undertones and it looks less purple than those to me eye. OPs looks so much more blue to me.

I love sapphires and their variety of color so I think they’re all beautiful and thus pay no attention to trade ideal. :)

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.