shape
carat
color
clarity

My "Big Blue" Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Here is my 3.11ct irradiated blue diamond. It is 11.1x7.9x5.2mm and a VS clarity by my grading. It is a lighter colored and brighter stone than most treated diamonds. I''m not ready to set it yet, but eventually I will be seeking your advice. Several more photos to follow. Enjoy.

BigBlue3.JPG

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Another.

Bigblue6.JPG

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
One more.

Bigblue7.JPG

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
And finally, under the loupe.

Blueclose.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!!! Thanks for showing it to us!!! Lovely color, BTW.
30.gif
30.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
That is just beautiful!! WOW!! can''t wait to hear how you are going to set it.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
wowzas!! what a fantastic diamond!!! I have a partiality to blue treated diamonds, I fell in love w/a vintage piece and considered it for my ering... before I went the more traditional route, but I still think of it sometimes...

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Thanks kaleigh, Mine and flopkins.

flopkins, I replaced my mother''s stolen wedding set with an irradiated blue solitare and my Dad got her a blue channel set 1/2 anniversary-style wedding ring to go with it. (She had actually always wanted a blue diamond, although I think she had something more like the Hope in mind.) She gets lots of attention/compliments on it.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
GK Congrats on Big Blue. It looks really nice. Great picture too. Just curious, you don't often find irraiated diamonds that clean, I was wondering if you had the diamond and sent it out for treatment. Regards Doug

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is some serious departure from the drab, included , badly cut and overcolor color treated diamonds one expects to see
7.gif

I surely hope to see you comming back to the forum looking for a way to set this unusual diamond!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing stone! Absolutely beautiful.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

grmII.JPG

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Outstanding, GK!!!!!!!!
18.gif
I''d love to hear the story behind this rock. Was this one of those right-place/righ-time purchases or did you seek this beauty out?

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that stone is just beautiful!!! Please let us know what you end up doing with it..

YUMMY!!!
18.gif

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all.

Doug, I did not have that treated myself, although I have a friend/vendor who has in the past acquired stones for treatment on the part of investors. When I first started collecting, I concentrated on colored diamonds and still have a number of them. I saw this, recognized it as an exceptional stone, and ultimately bought it. (See below)

Ana, that marquise on the right looks remarkably like my blue and even is the same weight. If you ever get to the International Gem and Jewelry shows, Kimmimoto has acquired a very impressive collection of rings with simiar quality irradiated blues.

DL, it was a right place, wrong time, but ultimately couldn''t resist purchase. I got it from my friend at Kripps (who you met at the DC show). It was in his case at a show last year and I was tempted, but held out until this year when he was going to send it overseas since it hadn''t sold here. He has been the source of many of my better quality treated diamonds.

I will probably set it in a pendant, and will post for advice when it''s time to make a decision.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2005 8:35:50 AM
Author: GemKlctr

Ana, that marquise on the right looks remarkably like my blue and even is the same weight.
Oups... but it is... (Photoshop, sorry).
6.gif

The other one has served as model - it is a real ring with an untreated green diamond from Amgad. Despite the impressive 'fancy green' label, I hope the stone is allot nicer than the picture. Your treated blue seems to be allot more appealing, in fact. But, the Amgad ring looked so great I had to try the setting out! At least in picture if otherwise impossible.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2005 8:35:50 AM
I will probably set it in a pendant, and will post for advice when it's time to make a decision.

Great choice! I was going to ask how you planned to set it, but you answered it with your last posting! I love the photos Valeria posted. Having a similar setting, tailored for a pendant, would be astounding with that stone! (It is BIG!)

Keep us informed! We want to follow the story!

Deb

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Oups... but it is... (Photoshop, sorry).

Wow, one of the best photoshops I''ve seen, down to the prongs! You could be very dangerous Ana.
11.gif
I agree with you on the setting. I''ve always liked bypass settings, although they seem to be falling out of style now. I have an even better quality (but much smaller) marquise blue in a bypass ring with .90cts of channel set princesses.

Deb, I''m thinking halo, but there will be lots to discuss re prongs vs. bezel, angle of halo, size of melee, milgraining or not, etc. I will get around to it eventually, but probably not until next year.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2005 9:09:16 AM
Deb, I''m thinking halo, but there will be lots to discuss re prongs vs. bezel, angle of halo, size of melee, milgraining or not, etc. I will get around to it eventually, but probably not until next year.

If I am still breathing, I will be here then, too! Whenever you are ready, I am ready!

Deb

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
oh MY!
stunning.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ooohh too cool! so pretty... any idea for what will be done with it yet?

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Nan.

Thanks too icekid. My current plan is to set it in a pendant probably next year. I will be asking for PSr''s advice on settings then.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2005 3:06:45 PM
Thanks Nan.

Thanks too icekid. My current plan is to set it in a pendant probably next year. I will be asking for PSr''s advice on settings then.
I''m pretty sure we''ll still be around cheering this project down to the finish line
2.gif

Thanks for showing this one!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Nan.

A PENDANT?????????????????????

she''ll have to carry around a mirror all the time just to enjoy it.
41.gif

(make it a ring!)
36.gif

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/20/2005 10:48:00 PM
Author: sevens one

Thanks Nan.

A PENDANT?????????????????????

she''ll have to carry around a mirror all the time just to enjoy it.
41.gif

(make it a ring!)
36.gif
Nan, I''ll take that under advisement, but if you check out my MA thread you''ll see we have a number of blue diamond rings already, especially the 1.19 round which also is an unusually fine quality for an iradiated blue. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/25cts-of-diamonds.34855/ I do, however, want to do this right to make it a family heirloom, so I am open to suggestions.

Anyway, I''ll be able to see it, and don''t most women frequently carry a compact/mirror?
2.gif

More importantly, how did Angelo''s check up go today?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a really lovely stone. We really do need a drooling icon.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I love the idea of a pendant. I have a simple blue pendant that has quite a vibrant shade (not diamond sadly) that Wink made me and I get more compliments on that than on all of my bling bling rings.

In my experience, people notice and comment on pendants far more than rings.

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
The color of the baby blue looks delicious. If she has so many rings already, a pendant will be a nice addition. In my expereince, people seldom comment on my pendants, especially the man. One time, I asked my collegues, who are predominately male in my field why. They said it is improper to stare at a women''s neck and double improper to make comment on anything related to her neck including the pendants
20.gif
I though that was quite interesting.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
That is absolutely beautiful. I like the idea of a 3 stone setting with a pear at either side.

Can''t wait to see what you do with this?

Blod
36.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
If you can not figure out what to do with it you can always donate it to me.
27.gif
I just love it.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results