shape
carat
color
clarity

MY BGD upgrade and matching band!!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Some of you may have followed my story. I never truly loved my first ering. I loved the stone as it was a WF ACA Princess, but it wasn't presented as well as it could have been. I was never happy with the prongs or how the stone looked crooked (for lack of better term) in the setting. When the time came to shop for a wedding band I realized again just how unhappy I was with the ring. So I decided to get it reset by BGD and have a matching band made. I have been talking with Jamie @ BGD since last March tossing back ideas, asking questions and basically waiting until I saw the perfect setting pop up on their site. That never happened. So I decided to go custom. That was a SCARY process for me. I was and still am a nervous wreck!

I talked to Brian about what I wanted - a mix of a couple of his current settings. Then. . . well as is usually the case with me, when I decide to do something it always turns into something larger. I asked about upgrading at some point into this potentially new design. Brian said it would likely not be possible that the ring could support an upgrade. So I thought why not upgrade now? ;)) Now I'm 6 weeks from the wedding and money is tight, but I manage to figure it out. I was lucky enough that my stone qualified for an upgrade through BGD since it was purchased during his time at WF. I commit to the upgrade, choose a stone and the process continues! Then Jamie asks me if maybe I would prefer to go Platinum since I hate the yellowing of white gold. AHH! I had three days to decide which way I wanted to go. I asked questions, I read information the whole weekend, I went to Jared's to look at a platinum band as that was all they had in the store. . . I decided to splurge once again on Plat. The price wasn't that much more but by now I had totally blown my budget out of the water. :-o I don't think I quite understand the term "budget" as this happens to me quite often. lol

So with the wedding 6 weeks away I am awaiting the arrival of my FOURTH engagement ring. Look at what PS has done to me!!! Who has 4 engagement rings before they ever walk down the aisle?

So for reference here is my old engagement ring (the third one technically):
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/here-is-my-ering.102935/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/here-is-my-ering.102935/[/URL]

And here is my upgraded stone:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104047574005

And now I present the only glamour shot that I currently have. The rest should come today and the ring will also arrive today! I'm soooo excited!!! The surprise stones represent our dating anniversary of October and our wedding anniversary of April. The wedding band should be engraved with our wedding date.

THE_JEN_SET_BGD1.jpg

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Oh Yay! I'm so happy you are finally getting your rings! :appl: :appl:

They look GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see more glamour shots and of course, hand shots!!!!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
BTW, the link to your old ring is not working :nono:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
It works now :wink2:

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Quite a difference huh? Though not a fair comparision till I get a hand shot of the new setting. I'm so nervous. My FI is going to pick it up and meet me for lunch. Just a matter of hours till I get to see it. And I'm so damn anal that I don't think I'm going to wear the ering till the wedding. I'm only 6 weeks out. I don't want scratches on it. I want the whole set to be PERFECT that day and gorgeous for photos. Is that lame? lol

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful set! Can't wait to see them on your finger. Congrats on finally getting your perfect set, and before your wedding too! :)

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I had 5 engagement rings before I was married. The one that I have now is perfect for me. You can be sentimental about the one you actually get married with. I think that you'll love it and you were right to get all your upgrading done in advance.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
hoofbeats...LOVE IT!!!! but seriously, you have to wear that beautiful ring! you can always take it to a local place and get it cleaned before the wedding.

also I think yssie had 4 e-rings also? this is PS, no need to worry about having too many e-rings :razz:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Stunning set! :appl:

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad I'm not the only one with so many erings! Whew. I need to tell my FI that. :)

I can have it cleaned at a local place, but not polished or anything. So I just don't want scratches. I am really that anal. We'll see what happens when I see it. I may not be able to resist.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Yeay for you! It's gorgeous. I'm sure it's going to look beautiful on your hand--congratulations. Hand shots ASAP!

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful set!

You'll be glad you did upgrade and re-set, you've gotta love your rings :)

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean about it getting scratched before the wedding. I've had mine for 2 weeks now and I've already got some scratches on the underside of the shank (it's unavoidable). BUT....I don't think you'll be able to resist wearing that beauty for 6 weeks! :mrgreen:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I'm so happy for you! Cant wait for more pics!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone, I'm speechless. The rings are STUNNING. My hands were shaking and I didn't know what to say when I opened the box. I will have to post real life photos this weekend. It's a 3-day weekend for me, so I should have time. The stone is stunning. Since I didn't see it before setting I didn't know what to expect. The truth head is a work of art! Brian is a mind reader. This ring is just what I wanted. Top-down it doesn't look cathedral, so the shank doesn't shrink my stone like my old setting did. The side profile is gorgeous. The platinum has a good weight. I hope I like how it wears over time. That's my only worry at this point. Everything else is beyond my expectations. And now I can present the rest of the glamour shots!

BrianGavin_PrincessSet2b_021811.jpg

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh, I figured out how to add multiple pics. :D

BrianGavin_PrincessSet3b_021811.jpg

BrianGavin_PrincessSet4b_021811.jpg

BrianGavin_PrincessSet5b_021811.jpg

BrianGavin_PrincessSet6b_021811.jpg

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Last one.

BrianGavin_PrincessSet7b_021811.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it is amazing!!! Love it; congrats!!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Lil Misfit|1298051793|2854782 said:
I know what you mean about it getting scratched before the wedding. I've had mine for 2 weeks now and I've already got some scratches on the underside of the shank (it's unavoidable). BUT....I don't think you'll be able to resist wearing that beauty for 6 weeks! :mrgreen:

Oh I know you can't avoid scratches. But since I'm not familiar with how platinum wears I'm just hesitant ya know? :) I'm crazy picky. Aren't all PSers? I might wear it a day or two here and there. We'll see. I keep trying it on! I don't have a polishing cloth at work so I'm driving myself nuts with all the touching I'm doing. Speaking of cloths - someone recommend a good place where I can get them?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh that turned out beautifully! Can't wait to see your pics :sun:

I think we all worry about scratching it when it's brand new and oh-so-shiny, but I reckon once the inevitable first few come along you won't be quite so wary ;)) Please enjoy it by wearing it!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Lovely!!! Love the surprise stones!

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
hoofbeats95|1298053414|2854814 said:
Everyone, I'm speechless. The rings are STUNNING. My hands were shaking and I didn't know what to say when I opened the box. I will have to post real life photos this weekend. It's a 3-day weekend for me, so I should have time. The stone is stunning. Since I didn't see it before setting I didn't know what to expect. The truth head is a work of art! Brian is a mind reader. This ring is just what I wanted. Top-down it doesn't look cathedral, so the shank doesn't shrink my stone like my old setting did. The side profile is gorgeous. The platinum has a good weight. I hope I like how it wears over time. That's my only worry at this point. Everything else is beyond my expectations. And now I can present the rest of the glamour shots!

Again, what a pretty set!

I know what you mean about scratching. It was a torture for me not to wear me ring 1 week before my wedding and also, it drove my new sister in law nuts not to wear her rings 3 days before her wedding. She was glad, her wedding photo (rings) came out really awesome!

Goodluck!

tannet

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful! Congratulations! I agree that you won't be able to resist wearing it! I know I wouldn't be able to. :))

Kay

Ideal_Rock
It is a gorgeous set! I especially love the profile with that beautiful head and the cathedral shoulders. I would not be able to resist wearing it for 6 weeks.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Your new set is absolutely stunning. Your previous ering, although nice just does not compare. You did a wonderful job on the design and it looks wonderful.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!! I love all the glamour shots!!! Can't wait to see the hand shots!!! Congratulations and wear it in great health!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. They are gorgeous.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your new wedding set came out absolutely stunning and perfect. I'm anxious to see the hand shots. I want to see it on you!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a really perfect setting for a princess! Enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results