shape
carat
color
clarity

My BGD 3 stone Crossed Trellis reset

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
A little back story: when we started planning our engagement I really wanted my boyfriend to be in charge of choosing the ring. Oh, and I knew absolutely nothing about diamonds. I thought it would be romantic to have it be a complete surprise and to know that it was something that he chose on his own.
Then I started reading about diamonds. And realized that if he just walks in to a b&m jeweler, he will end up paying a lot of money for a sub-par product. And if there's one thing I hate, that would be getting a bad deal. So I sent him a cheat sheet with specs, info and a link to JA and BGD, but specified that since we were on a budget the BGD premium was probably not something we would be going for. He then started doing his own research, and I could tell he was getting more and more confused since there were so many things to take into consideration - at dinner he would ask stuff like "Do you prefer SI1 or VS2?".

And then one day I was browsing the BGD website and suddenly I saw a 0.64ct J VS2 stone that I fell in LOVE with. It was a little smaller than we had planned, and came in way under budget, but I just felt that it was *the one*. :love: I called BGD and put it on hold, showed it to my future fiance who loved it as well (and was ecstatic to not have to look anymore) - we wired the funds the same evening and that was that!

Here's the original ring:
313f029.jpg

However, I always loved the 3 stone style. We considered adding two stones right away, but that pushed us over budget, so we agreed to put the stone in a simple stock solitaire for the time being and to eventually switch to a 3 stone.

6 months later a combination of two factors came into play: first of all I HATED the setting with a passion. I loved the look of thin shanks and had BGD order a Stuller SH50 that was 2mm at the top tapering to 1.5mm at the bottom. It looked nice face up, but was incredibly uncomfortable, and the side view just made me sad, not to mention I felt like the 6 prongs were a mistake. Secondly, I had started a new job, received an unexpected bonus and decided that it was time to solve this issue and get a ring that would make me happy instead of sad!

There was quite a bit of going back and forth between options - I thought about switching to a better solitaire, then about doing a 3 stone with pear sides, but finally realized that the only thing that would make me truly happy would be the setting I initially fell in love with - the Crossed Trellis with round sides.

Jamie was able to find me a pair of J SI1s (.27 and .28) for the sides - they were a little larger than I had initially wanted, but came to $400 less than a pair of .20 Signature Melee (!), so I went for it.

I chose the Crossed Trellis setting in platinum - I loved the three prongs on the side stones! I also asked Jamie to angle the sides slightly - this took them a bit of time (production ended up being almost twice as long as the initially quoted 14 business days). The wait was not an easy one, but I was happy to know that they are taking their time to get everything perfect instead of sending out anything less.

And today I FINALLY got my glamour shots!!! The ring should be here tomorrow, and I honestly have no idea how I will sleep tonight. I think it looks absolutely lovely, but just can't wait to see it in person.

photo_1__4__6.jpg photo_4__1__1.jpg

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, thats a work of art!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning. Can't wait to see it on your hand!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's stunning! Looking forward to seeing your pictures tomorrow!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring but too bad that isn't a straight on shot. BGD is just a tease :naughty: I can understand the anticipation and I foresee a sleepless night :rodent: We need hand shots when it arrives tomorrow! Get ready the camera!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much, PattyCo, derbygal and VRBeauty!
It's been such a long wait and I am sooo excited, but also incredibly nervous - it's the single biggest purchase I've ever made, and hopefully I won't regret it.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
thecat|1396467735|3646016 said:
Gorgeous ring but too bad that isn't a straight on shot. BGD is just a tease :naughty: I can understand the anticipation and I foresee a sleepless night :rodent: We need hand shots when it arrives tomorrow! Get ready the camera!
Gah they seem to take pictures of every angle imaginable except for the one you actually need, right? :naughty:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to tell from those pics, but it sure looks lovely!! I bet you are soooo anxious and excited!

Sweetpeas

Rough_Rock
That looks perfect! I have been looking forward to your photos because I sent my diamonds to BGD two weeks ago. I will be thrilled if my ring turns out just like yours. I love the angle of the side stones. Can't wait to see the hand shots. Thanks so much for sharing!

angela06

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! I am a big fan of BGD, and know they make beautiful rings. The proportions and the angle of the sides are perfection! :appl: :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh its so perfect I thought those were cads!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous - can't wait to see your handshots!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Laila619, angela06, MissGotRocks thank you! I definitely can't wait to see it in person and from all angles AND ON MY HAND. I'll have to get used to wearing a ring all over again, lol.

Sweetpeas, I am so incredibly excited for you! I hope your reset doesn't take quite as long as mine, but in any case the result will be worth it. Please share your ring when it's ready.

Niel, thank you!! You, Gypsy and several other PSers really helped me brainstorm on this project, and if it wasn't for your help and advice I'm sure I would have made a mistake and gotten something that I wouldn't be 100% satisfied with.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The ring looks gorgeous! I wonder what is going on in the photography department?! I've seen BGD glamour shots straight on before...of course we want to see that angle BGD?! At least it arrives tomorrow. Take tons of pics we want to see it and cheer you on. Looks beautiful from the profile view.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, hatha!
You're so right about the pictures - show me my arrows already! :bigsmile: But at least it's being overnighted. They initially did 2-day shipping which would have it arrive on Friday, but I got back to Jamie and said that after 6 weeks I would really, really appreciate overnight and she made it happen. :)

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh be still my heart!!!! I too get weak in the knees for trellis settings :appl: it is divine :love: :love: Always go with what makes your heart happy.
Can't wait to see it on your finger, sweet dreams!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see that beauty on your hand!!! Congrats on the upgrade!

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
such beautiful, graceful lines!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much everyone!
I was going to pick it up first thing tomorrow morning, till I realized I have a meeting at work at 9 am. And the Fedex office opens at 9 am too! So I'll have to sneak out during lunch. Can't wait. [insert pacing emoticon]

When I placed the order, I asked for two minor modifications: the slightly angled side stones and a clear concave inflection on the shoulders (I saw some versions where the shoulders were almost straight, and very much preferred to have some curve there). I think they did both things beautifully!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, that is so, so pretty! i love the mods you made, it makes it look so fluid and graceful :love: :love:

I have a BGD 3 stone too - they do such beautiful work.

We need iPhone pics as soon as you pick it up! j/k Enjoy.. :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, I just received my own 3 stone reset last week, happy for you & hope you can sleep tonight!! Post your pictures tomorrow, love your choice!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see pictures, I love a good three stone. I will be pacing with you, my reset will be here at some point today as well.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Can't wait to see hand shots!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous reset! It will give you lots of extra bling, but in a subdued and elegant way. I'm looking forward to see the handshots.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1396495016|3646341 said:
Ooooo, I just received my own 3 stone reset last week, happy for you & hope you can sleep tonight!! Post your pictures tomorrow, love your choice!

Where the heck is the thread! You know it's not right to not show us! :nono:

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Ugh, still stuck at work in back to back meetings... OF ALL DAYS IT HAS TO BE TODAY.

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!! Waiting for hand shots....done with your meetings yet?! :naughty:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect! Looking forward to IRL shots!! :D

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
recordaras|1396467119|3646006 said:
A little back story: when we started planning our engagement I really wanted my boyfriend to be in charge of choosing the ring. Oh, and I knew absolutely nothing about diamonds. I thought it would be romantic to have it be a complete surprise and to know that it was something that he chose on his own.
Then I started reading about diamonds. And realized that if he just walks in to a b&m jeweler, he will end up paying a lot of money for a sub-par product. And if there's one thing I hate, that would be getting a bad deal. So I sent him a cheat sheet with specs, info and a link to JA and BGD, but specified that since we were on a budget the BGD premium was probably not something we would be going for. He then started doing his own research, and I could tell he was getting more and more confused since there were so many things to take into consideration - at dinner he would ask stuff like "Do you prefer SI1 or VS2?".

And then one day I was browsing the BGD website and suddenly I saw a 0.64ct J VS2 stone that I fell in LOVE with. It was a little smaller than we had planned, and came in way under budget, but I just felt that it was *the one*. :love: I called BGD and put it on hold, showed it to my future fiance who loved it as well (and was ecstatic to not have to look anymore) - we wired the funds the same evening and that was that!

Here's the original ring:
313f029.jpg

However, I always loved the 3 stone style. We considered adding two stones right away, but that pushed us over budget, so we agreed to put the stone in a simple stock solitaire for the time being and to eventually switch to a 3 stone.

6 months later a combination of two factors came into play: first of all I HATED the setting with a passion. I loved the look of thin shanks and had BGD order a Stuller SH50 that was 2mm at the top tapering to 1.5mm at the bottom. It looked nice face up, but was incredibly uncomfortable, and the side view just made me sad, not to mention I felt like the 6 prongs were a mistake. Secondly, I had started a new job, received an unexpected bonus and decided that it was time to solve this issue and get a ring that would make me happy instead of sad!

There was quite a bit of going back and forth between options - I thought about switching to a better solitaire, then about doing a 3 stone with pear sides, but finally realized that the only thing that would make me truly happy would be the setting I initially fell in love with - the Crossed Trellis with round sides.

Jamie was able to find me a pair of J SI1s (.27 and .28) for the sides - they were a little larger than I had initially wanted, but came to $400 less than a pair of .20 Signature Melee (!), so I went for it.

I chose the Crossed Trellis setting in platinum - I loved the three prongs on the side stones! I also asked Jamie to angle the sides slightly - this took them a bit of time (production ended up being almost twice as long as the initially quoted 14 business days). The wait was not an easy one, but I was happy to know that they are taking their time to get everything perfect instead of sending out anything less.

And today I FINALLY got my glamour shots!!! The ring should be here tomorrow, and I honestly have no idea how I will sleep tonight. I think it looks absolutely lovely, but just can't wait to see it in person.

photo_1__4__6.jpg photo_4__1__1.jpg

STUNNING!!! I can't wait to see hand shots! Congrats!!! Love 3 stones. :)

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Okay, today might have been the longest day ever, but I finally picked up the ring and it is just plain gorgeous. :love:
It's even more beautiful in real life than I expected - I love the trellis detail (FINALLY a side view that makes me happy!), I love how it sits on the finger, I love the heft of the platinum and the thicker comfort fit shank (so comfortable, especially compared to my previous torture setting). The only thing that came as a surprise was how big the sides look - I was expecting them to be a little smaller in proportion to the center, but the sparkle the three stones give off is just insane.

The workmanship on the setting is absolutely impeccable. It looks and feels so different - so much more sophisticated and elegant - than my previous setting, I'm honestly amazed at how dramatic the difference is.

It was already dark when I came home, but here are a couple of quick handshots - more to come!

photo_5__1__3.jpg

photo_1__6__0.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results