shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT my beautiful halo RESET from ID Jewelry

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
My husband proposed with a beautiful 6-prong Tiffany style solitaire on Christmas eve 2010. I absolutely loved my ring and was so thrilled to be spending the rest of my life w/ my best friend. A 6-prong solitaire is what I told him I wanted but a halo is what I always had on my mind. I thought the solitaire was the way to go b/c they're classic beauties and they're timeless. I thought I might get sick of the halo look and change my mind about it.

Over the course of the last (almost) 2 years, I wore my solitaire happily but noticed some prong damage over the last few months. I knew I had to get them fixed soon, and plus I had to get the ring resize b/c it started falling off. I was telling my husband that I had to make these changes and kind of joked about resetting my stone into a new setting. His response was, "Sure! Whatever makes you happy!" I was so surprised. Over the last month or two, I decided on resetting into a halo. Ideally, I wanted a Victor Canera Emilya, but that was definitely way out of my budget, so I gave my buddy, Yekutiel from ID Jewelry a call.

So, last week, when my brother and I went to buy an engagement ring for his to-be fiance, I asked Yekutiel about halo settings. He pulled out a few that he recommended based on my PS-standards, and I fell in love with this one setting. It just so happened to be perfectly sized for my diamond. He plopped my diamond in, resized it and it was ready for me to pick up the next day.

I'M THRILLEDDDD with my new setting. Yekutiel is THE MAN and always delivers in customer service and quality of products. He was actually nice enough to place a CZ in my old setting, clean it up and buff the platinum for no additional cost. Again, he's the man!!

Without further ado, here's my diamond's new home!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Diamond:
1.25 H SI1, Triple Ex
Setting:
.56 tcw F-G SI1
Ring Size: 4.75

photo_133.jpg

photo_4-2.jpg

photo_137.jpg

photo_138.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous! And now you have an alternate for travel or whatever. Fun!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! What a difference in visual appearance, that halo makes!! I love the setting - I'm hoping maybe I'll be just as lucky when I get there on Tuesday!

Looks just beautiful on your lovely hand!!

(you got engaged on my birthday! :appl: )

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huge difference. Absolutely beautiful. Now come over to CS and we can help you find a good colored gemstone for your old mount for a RHR.

Oh, and your husband is a keeper - I love for you "whatever makes you happy!"

cabbitstar

Rough_Rock
That looks really pretty on you! Nice upgrade. :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I love it! :love: It's so nice when you know what you want and find it! It came together perfectly!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! Can you get some up close macro shots of the pave work for us? :D

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous reset! Congrats!!

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1351365126|3293644 said:
Absolutely beautiful! Can you get some up close macro shots of the pave work for us? :D
i'm looking for my actual camera so i can take some better pics. stay tuned! :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - that makes a huge visual difference! Glad you are happy with your new ring. Love the way everything just fell in place - must have been meant to be!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. I love a nice halo. Such wonderful serendipity for the semi mount to be an exact fit like that.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's just lovely!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dec2410|1351382646|3293797 said:

You got me on my toes, lady!! :appl:

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1351463977|3294352 said:
dec2410|1351382646|3293797 said:

You got me on my toes, lady!! :appl:
here are a few.

my apartment is a bit dark right now and none of our lights are WHITE enough to get nice pics. i had a little fun with a flashlight but then decided that i should save the battery for Frankenstorm Sandy. Haha. (don't mind the slight blue tint...that's the reflection of my camera.)

I LOVE the claw prongs Yekutiel made for this ring. :love:

dsc02275.jpg

dsc02264.jpg

dsc02306.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YUMMY! :love: Thanks!

Yes, save your batteries!! >_< I'm so scared for everyone who's in Sandy's way!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
this is a beautiful halo, the proportions are perfect!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous reset!!! The halo really is perfectly proportioned and gives such amazing finger coverage!!! Stay safe!!! If worse comes to worse maybe your ring can work as a flashlight :bigsmile:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
That setting is perfect with your stone :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: And I love the claw prongs! What a gorgeous transformation!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
GoRgEoUs!!!! Absolutely love that last picture! It helps to have an awesome stone! :appl: :appl: :appl:

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
thanks everyone for the super nice comments!! i'm totally in love w/ my new setting!!! :love: :love: :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm super impressed with those gorgeous claw prongs!! Did you mention that was a stock setting?? Gorgeous (I already said that...just wanted to tell you again :bigsmile: )

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
It's a beautiful ring. Seeing all these halos makes me want one ;-)

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is going on my favorites list!

Lori

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - gorgeous, perfect proportions and those CLAWS!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1351501165|3294669 said:
If worse comes to worse maybe your ring can work as a flashlight :bigsmile:

SNORT!!! HAHAH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, positive note, why is it that whenever the weather is poopy, our diamonds look SO MUCH BETTER?!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I really like the way the new halo looks with your diamond band, very balanced (but in a blingy way!). Enjoy your new treasure. :))

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
Can I just echo what everyone else has said? It looks beautiful and those claws are gorgeous!

lokeybling

Rough_Rock
This ring is perfect... What setting is this from ID Jewelry?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can email the people at ID Jewelry with the photos of this ring and they can give you a price quote. I did a few months back and they were really quick to respond. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results