shape
carat
color
clarity

My AVC moissy!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t have it yet, but I’m gonna go ahead and start this thread and add IRL pics after it’s in my grubby lil paws. It should be here Tuesday!!! :Up_to_something:

It’s a custom-cut elongated August Vintage Cushion moissanite, 4.38 carat equivalent, 10.13 x 9.22, G/H color.

The 18k YG and diamond setting is custom (Vintage Inspired Designs by Jonathan W) and the ring size is 7.5. I’m more like a 6.75 - 7, but I like them loose and I plan to stack so I ordered it a bit larger.

First, here are the CADs that @Rhino did for me when we designed the setting:

0024DE94-A268-4FC4-BCFD-5B9480AED935.jpeg A2E67AA0-3AE5-4C50-879F-3681253F899D.jpeg 0984B2BB-5686-46CA-B3BB-2B0CC2A7E69D.jpeg 36451FF2-D233-44B2-9E7E-59B5286271B3.jpeg

Last edited:

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the glamour shots that Jon sent me this morning of the finished product! :love:

1CE6266F-B74D-47F2-A6B3-C97E891EB3FA.jpeg B5779936-579B-4A6F-89AF-5FB532F65CE1.jpeg 50CAEB15-8B9C-4A6E-9CE4-FE5D8886B65D.jpeg ADFC58B0-8F25-486F-BE75-400FD8050D0E.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh it’s beautiful @Irishgrrrl !!! Super exciting!!!
Can’t wait for you to get it and share hundreds of photos. :love::appl:

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh it’s beautiful @Irishgrrrl !!! Super exciting!!!
Can’t wait for you to get it and share hundreds of photos. :love::appl:

Thank you, missy! I can’t wait to get it! Two more sleeps! :bigsmile:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
That's really pretty!!! For a bit I was tempted by moissy. Then changed my mind but these stones are changing my mind again! Will you let us know how yours wears? And if they develop that stain? Because I think fear of that stain is the one thing holding me back from ordering one.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really pretty!!! For a bit I was tempted by moissy. Then changed my mind but these stones are changing my mind again! Will you let us know how yours wears? And if they develop that stain? Because I think fear of that stain is the one thing holding me back from ordering one.

MeowMeow, thank you! And I’ll absolutely let you know how it wears. I’ve done some reading about the stain, and it seems that most of the newer moissy doesn’t have that issue. And I also read that Sunshine polishing cloths take it right off if it does show up, so I stocked up on a few of those just in case. I already used one on my Tiffany sterling silver pieces and it did an awesome job, so they’re great just to have around! :))

Q

Queenie60

What stain are you referring to? By the way - your ring and stone are gorgeous! Can't wait to see it on your hand.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What stain are you referring to? By the way - your ring and stone are gorgeous! Can't wait to see it on your hand.

Thank you, Queenie! :mrgreen2:

Apparently, some moissy develops an oily-looking residue on the stone which can be difficult to remove. People have had a lot of success removing it with Sunshine polishing cloths, though. And I think the newer moissy is much more resistant to developing this stain, so I wouldn’t worry! :))

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Queenie! :mrgreen2:

Apparently, some moissy develops an oily-looking residue on the stone which can be difficult to remove. People have had a lot of success removing it with Sunshine polishing cloths, though. And I think the newer moissy is much more resistant to developing this stain, so I wouldn’t worry! :))
My understanding is the new material - 4h SiC - does not develop the stain like the old 6h SiC sometimes did.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My understanding is the new material - 4h SiC - does not develop the stain like the old 6h SiC sometimes did.

Yes, I think that’s what I read! Glad to know I won’t need to worry about the oil slick! LOL! :bigsmile:

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Unfortunately, that's not been my experience - I have had the stain on both a 6h SiC stone and a 4h SiC stone. Both were responsive to the silver polishing trick, though. Occasionally, it will recur (but typically less seriously), and takes a second or third go-round to eliminate it completely. I'm only personally aware of one person who was not able to completely eliminate it at some point, and that was with a 6h SiC stone. I have found that, aside from the stain, I don't have to do regular cleanings nearly as often on my moissies to keep them nicely sparkly as I do on my diamonds, so I think that balances things out a bit! ;)2

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, that's not been my experience - I have had the stain on both a 6h SiC stone and a 4h SiC stone. Both were responsive to the silver polishing trick, though. Occasionally, it will recur (but typically less seriously), and takes a second or third go-round to eliminate it completely. I'm only personally aware of one person who was not able to completely eliminate it at some point, and that was with a 6h SiC stone. I have found that, aside from the stain, I don't have to do regular cleanings nearly as often on my moissies to keep them nicely sparkly as I do on my diamonds, so I think that balances things out a bit! ;)2
Interesting! I had no idea it was still affecting the 4h SiC stones. May I ask what brand you have? So far I’ve only seen C&C moissanite owners talking about having the stain, but that certainly doesn’t mean they are the only group affected. There are just so many more C&C stones out there that it may seem like they are the only brand affected when they are not.

@Rhino, have you had experience with the oil slick stain phenomenon?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ring is so beautiful @Irishgrrrl. :kiss2: I’m in love with all the little details. It really gives your new ring a gorgeous vintage vibe. @Rhino did an amazing job. I can’t wait to see your hand shots and hear what you think about her in person. :dance: I’ll be waiting for those million pics. :twisted2:

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ring is so beautiful @Irishgrrrl. :kiss2: I’m in love with all the little details. It really gives your new ring a gorgeous vintage vibe. @Rhino did an amazing job. I can’t wait to see your hand shots and hear what you think about her in person. :dance: I’ll be waiting for those million pics. :twisted2:

Thank you so much, Elle! I can’t wait to see hand shots of yours, either! :love:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
MeowMeow, thank you! And I’ll absolutely let you know how it wears. I’ve done some reading about the stain, and it seems that most of the newer moissy doesn’t have that issue. And I also read that Sunshine polishing cloths take it right off if it does show up, so I stocked up on a few of those just in case. I already used one on my Tiffany sterling silver pieces and it did an awesome job, so they’re great just to have around! :))

Thank you too! :D I cant wait to see your final product!! :D

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Interesting! I had no idea it was still affecting the 4h SiC stones. May I ask what brand you have? So far I’ve only seen C&C moissanite owners talking about having the stain, but that certainly doesn’t mean they are the only group affected. There are just so many more C&C stones out there that it may seem like they are the only brand affected when they are not.

@Rhino, have you had experience with the oil slick stain phenomenon?

Both were C&C stones - a Forever Brilliant round brilliant and a Forever One oval. I haven't noticed the stain on my others, but most of them are unset so I perhaps haven't spent as much time staring adoringly at them. The other two that are set are a C&C Forever Classic oval and a Schubach's Barely Pink OEC (from a while ago), both set by Schubach's, and I don't see it on either of them. Perhaps they polished them before setting them?

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Both were C&C stones - a Forever Brilliant round brilliant and a Forever One oval. I haven't noticed the stain on my others, but most of them are unset so I perhaps haven't spent as much time staring adoringly at them. The other two that are set are a C&C Forever Classic oval and a Schubach's Barely Pink OEC (from a while ago), both set by Schubach's, and I don't see it on either of them. Perhaps they polished them before setting them?
Being unset may have something to do with it. I’ve heard the oil slick stain could have something to do with hard water, so if those stones aren’t set than I assume you haven’t exposed them to water?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being unset may have something to do with it. I’ve heard the oil slick stain could have something to do with hard water, so if those stones aren’t set than I assume you haven’t exposed them to water?

Ive also heard that it may have something to do with the setting process. Some kind of adhesive they use? So unset stones wouldn’t have been exposed to that.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

That's a good point! I hadn't thought of that, but you're right - they haven't been exposed to water.....

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see hand shots! It is gorgeous :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came to see when it would be here. I’m excited to see this one. :mrgreen2:

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
One more day! I can’t wait to see your beauty.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tomorrow morning, y'all! Come onnnnn, FedEx! :lol::appl::mrgreen2:

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IT'S HERE!!! OMG!!! :appl::love::appl::love::appl:

I just about tackled our poor FedEx guy! LOL! :lol:

The lighting in my office is horrible, but it's still going absolutely CRAZY!!! Jon isn't joking when he says the light return on AVCs is unbelievable! I CAN'T LOOK AWAY!!! :rodent:

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
IT'S HERE!!! OMG!!! :appl::love::appl::love::appl:

I just about tackled our poor FedEx guy! LOL! :lol:

The lighting in my office is horrible, but it's still going absolutely CRAZY!!! Jon isn't joking when he says the light return on AVCs is unbelievable! I CAN'T LOOK AWAY!!! :rodent:

I can’t wait to see it on your hand!!! How exciting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results