shape
carat
color
clarity

My AVC 1.33 K VS2 in an engagement ring

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been blabbering too much on Hangout and I should at least give homage to a diamond (formerly mine!) I gave my AVC to my son to give to his fiancee, I love love love the stone.. but I would leave it to the sons anyway and I'm already 63 (not that I hope I'm going anywheres soon, but people my age are leaving the stage ;-) ) I flew down to Austin with the stone and to help him pick out a setting.... well many settings were too expensive, her Pinterest showed mostly Edwardian style rings, he only liked modern style settings.. soooo when he picked this infinity style setting for the stone I said to him "why don't you have it beaded and engraved" he said (of course) what is that but he had it done (300.00$) he gave her the ring in a romantic setting in Austin 3 weeks later, my tastes run to straight lines not necessarily this style but he loved it and she LOVED it! Wedding in March! love him to the moon and love her too, she's a keeper for DIL!

20160625_144902.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How thoughtful of you!!! You are such a kind person.
The ring is beautiful. I can see why they are thrilled with it.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations on your son's engagement! That was really nice of you to give them your AVC. I've always liked that stone.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to you and your son! It looks beautiful in that setting.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring & so kind of you to pass the diamond along. :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - what a wonderful thing to give your son for your future DIL! They must have been so touched and pleased. The ring is just gorgeous - I've no doubt she loves it! Such a kind, selfless thing to do!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beauty!. :love: Congrats to you and your son!.. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How very sweet of you! The ring is beautiful! :love: I really agree with you that I'd like my kids to have some of my things while I am still around to see them enjoy them! Congrats on the upcoming wedding and gaining a daughter!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! :appl: Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials! :clap:

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Really sweet story! I'm sure they are both thrilled with your precious gift. Congrats to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful thing for you to do and your DIL and son are lucky to have such a great MIL/Mom. Love the ring and congratulations to all!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1471258830|4066192 said:
What a wonderful thing for you to do and your DIL and son are lucky to have such a great MIL/Mom. Love the ring and congratulations to all!

Completely agree with missy. So loving and generous you are. Congratulations on gaining a daughter.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any pictures with the milgrain and engraving? I would love to see it!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom - thank you so much for your kind words. Your collection of rings has mesmerized me and gave me a love of different colored stones that I didn't know I had! (and your diamond is so beautiful)!

Tourmaline - Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words!!!

redwood66 - Hey RED! thank you for your words it truly means a lot to me ((red))!

JoCoJenn- thank you JoCo - I so appreciate your kind words!! My son means to world to me!!

MissGoRocks - Thank you so much for thoughtful and kind words!! I appreciate it very much.

DF - Thank you!!! coming from a man who's ring I covet just about more than any I appreciate it very very much!! (and your wife's is gorgeous too!!

diamondseeker2006 - what words? First thank you! second if it were not for you I would never have learned so much about tables and measurements and what it means to help someone.. you are a treasure here!! my son means so much to me and I appreciate very much your kind words!!!

poshmommy - A woman who has the most wonderful, gorgeous, stupendous jewelry!!! thank you so much.. the love of my son made it easy to give him my stone.. thank you for your very kind words!!

missy - thank you Missy, you are kind, wise, nice and your thoughts mean a lot to me.. thank you!!!

LLjsmom - thank you LLjsmom!!!! you have some beautiful pieces!!!!! and I appreciate your kind words very, very much!!!

tyty333 - Hi, I might have a pix of the engraving! I'll look.

Thank you to everyone who looked, Pricescope is a potpourri of the best people of the world.. many thanks!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Tekate, what a sweet and kind gesture! Your DIL's ring is lovely and it is so great that your son will listen to your suggestions. What a treasure your DIL now has. It makes a ring so special when it has lovely sentiment behind it, like this one does. Here is to you living a long long life and having wonderful relationship with your new daughter! Congratulations to all of you!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful gesture and ring! Congrats to all!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Beautiful design.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous and what finger coverage! Is this generous gift the stone you've been wearing? What will you wear now?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle - thank you so much for your lovely words! I thought my husband would go bonkers when I said to him that I will give our son the AVC - I'd just bought it in 2013 and I loved it, but my son has enough debt and I thought I'm getting a little old anyway (a little ha!).. give it now because my son means more to me than a diamond. thank you again very much!

Kathley - thank you so much for your kind words! I appreciate it very much!!

ajane5524 - thank ajane!!! the ring is interesting.. I love it because they love it! I had it in a pendant! thank you again!

cravingdiamonds - thank you!!!! I have not seen it in real life yet.. planning to see them at the end of October and then I will get another pix(s).. thank you for wonderful words!!! I appreciate it very much!!!!

AnnaH - Hi AnnaH! thank you so much for your compliments on the ring.. I sincerely and very much appreciate it!! and thank you for asking what I am wearing now, I have a 1.61 I color VVS2 MRB stone that my husband gave me in 88.. it's rated an AGS 2.. not the greatest but it can do a bit of dazzling... so this is my stealth plan (gotta work on the hubster!).. (you can see my engagement ring in my avatar.. sorta!) so I plan to take that stone out of the ring, have it set in a semi-bezel white gold pendant.. then a few months ago I had bought a green tourmaline from Mochiko42! (she is wonderful) I plan to have the tourmaline put into my engagement ring! I should set the tourmaline in a yellow gold setting but my engagement ring setting is platinum and I would like to keep it! I have .50 MRB earrings and I have .50 princess cut diamond earrings and I am going to eventually get them made into a 4 stone trellis ring, IF it all can fit.. my ear lobes are old - I pierced my own ears at 13 - 50 years ago !!!! and they have seen their better days! my husband is fine with all this if we had the money!!! :) but I plan to do it over time.. right now we have said we will help our son with the wedding so any extra is going there. long story, sorry!!! thank you again for admiring my son's ring and thank you very much for asking about my plans!!!

Again pricescope the best!

Peace to all.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Diamonds are wonderful, but a great dil is priceless!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AnnaH|1471365297|4066616 said:
Diamonds are wonderful, but a great dil is priceless!

(((AnnaH))) yes! :)

peace.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How sweet of you to pass on such a gorgeous stone. It is really gorgeous in that setting. :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! Gorgeous stone! What a wonderful way to welcome your future DIL into the family! :love: :love: :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
awww, you are incredibly sweet to give that to DIL! That's so generous and kind and I'm sure she's thrilled. That setting is amazing, and I think your stone looks great in it! Congrats to both of them and thanks for sharing with us :appl: :appl:

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock
Wow that turned out amazing !! So excited for you and your son !

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
Awwww how sweet of you to do this for your son and future daughter in law. I'm sure she will love her new ring, it's really beautiful and so unique. I had a 41 point diamond set with 6 small rubies that I offered to my son when he got engaged. He wound up using it as a trade in as his fiancé wanted a princess cut and mine was round. But it helped reduce the cost of the new ring a bit.

Congratulations on your growing family.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs to you, {{{Tekate}}}!!! :wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and you are a wonderful MIL for all the help!!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My AVC 1.33 K VS2 in an engagement ring PICTURE of ENGRA

How so wonderful and nice to say such wonderful things about me, I am humbled. I love my sons more than anything and anyone that has a child - fur kind, human kind, bird kind, etc. because love is love simple as that).. knows this feeling of caring. I appreciate this community more than I can really say, the hangout let's me hang it all out ;-) and I have learned sooooo much about my beloved diamonds and also I've learned to love colored stones!!!! so each and every one from management/owners/moderators - the geniuses who have the answers and the VENDORS... I cannot say enough about Good Old Gold, David, what an absolute gentleman, Stephanie, Jon did great by hiring her! David contacted me and sent such wonderful, kind words about me giving my stone to my son, if these two people were my children I would be so danged proud. Jon - just a vendor who cares, a man who loves diamonds and wants to share that love with us and I appreciated that very much.. Thank you GOG! thank you! My dream is to buy an AVR, and I will (after I get over money flying out the window to Texas for the wedding! that is)... I went to the video and did a screen print of the engraving and beading, I hope you can see it enough to get an idea of how it looks, as of yet, I've only seen it in photos. The setting was done at Benolds Jewelry Store in Austin, who I can recommend highly btw. thank you Pricescope community.

ring_engraving.png

ETA: the ring is a size 5, it's platinum with no nickle as she is nickel allergic.. the engraving cost 300.00$ it's a mix of modern and edwardian now.. my future DIL loves it, my son love it, and I love them and it!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1472870570|4072782 said:
Hugs to you, {{{Tekate}}}!!! :wavey:

aw thank you so much DS!!!! I am humbled .. thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results