Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

my August Vintage ideal mrb moissanite :) lots of pics!

AK29

Shiny_Rock
I thought Id start my own thread because I took way too many photos lol. In June, I purchased a hearts and arrows round moissanite from AV, 3 carat equivalent, 9.35 mm, G-H colored. Well, I finally got my stone and after having it set I realized... IT IS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. Perfect in every way! Well worth the wait! Here are a bunch of pics in different lighting environments . Its paired with a near colorless diamond band and I think they actually go well together. In real life theres almost no discernable double refraction. The arrows are killllerrrr! I hope this helps anyone who is looking to get an AV moissanite :) Thanks @Rhino and Vicki for being so helpful! And of course, the PSers who told me my AV would be worth the wait ;-)

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg IMG_1266.jpg IMG_1426.jpg IMG_1304.jpg IMG_1287.jpg IMG_1424.jpg

Last edited:

BMI

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! That was definitely worth the wait and the setting you chose is perfect for this stone. It looks great with your diamond band too. So glad your perseverance paid off and you are thrilled with your new ring! :dance::clap::dance:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
This is so gorgeous. I barely see any rainbows at all in the stone. The cut looks so good and matches perfectly with your diamond band. One all time favorite looks.

I was sporting it last year but I can’t seem to stop giving my jewelry constant makeovers!

A short video and a profile shot would be great. Is this a Stuller setting or from Whiteflash? I am curious the outdoor vs dim lighting. We don’t see very many in this size from him so a real comparison on imgur would be great!

Thanks for posting! I am trying to get used to the new formatting!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goddddd. It's perfect. What setting is that???

SJEsper

Rough_Rock
This is stunning!!! Need even more pics!

I know your AV journey took a while but it is definitely worth the wait. The solitaire setting complements it very nicely too. I am happy for you. :P2

MamaBee

Ideal_Rock
It’s absolutely beautiful!!! I’m so happy you love it!

AK29

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys :) I do love it!

@Mamabean Im glad you encouraged me to send the other one back and wait for a better color. This one definitely does not have the aqua tint the first one did! Much much better!

@SJEsper Thank you! I think it was worth waiting for !

@lovedogs Thanks! Its a custom setting made for me by my jeweler - I wanted something super low profile but with enough weight that it felt sturdy. I know whisper thin is trending right now for bands but I prefer something more in the middle

@swaye2010 thank you! Yes- the stone doesnt seem to show much more rainbow than a diamond would most of the time (even though I wouldnt mind extra fire at all ! ) I had my setting made for me by my jeweler. He is a man of few words but he always delivers and he ll work on my ring right in front of me while I exchange dog pictures with his wife lol. I dont know what imgur is but I ll get on it. I was wondering how people put videos on this forum...

@BMI Thanks! Haha I was so impatient- definitely glad I didnt just settle for a stone I didnt like.

@SparklePolo thank you :)

MamaBee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys :) I do love it!

@Mamabean Im glad you encouraged me to send the other one back and wait for a better color. This one definitely does not have the aqua tint the first one did! Much much better!

@SJEsper Thank you! I think it was worth waiting for !

@lovedogs Thanks! Its a custom setting made for me by my jeweler - I wanted something super low profile but with enough weight that it felt sturdy. I know whisper thin is trending right now for bands but I prefer something more in the middle

@swaye2010 thank you! Yes- the stone doesnt seem to show much more rainbow than a diamond would most of the time (even though I wouldnt mind extra fire at all ! ) I had my setting made for me by my jeweler. He is a man of few words but he always delivers and he ll work on my ring right in front of me while I exchange dog pictures with his wife lol. I dont know what imgur is but I ll get on it. I was wondering how people put videos on this forum...

@BMI Thanks! Haha I was so impatient- definitely glad I didnt just settle for a stone I didnt like.

@SparklePolo thank you :)
I’m so happy for you @AK29 I’ve settled for many things not to make a fuss and regretted it later. I was glad you returned it...This one is a gorgeous stone! It was definitely worth the wait! :love:

AK29

Shiny_Rock
I’m so happy for you @AK29 I’ve settled for many things not to make a fuss and regretted it later. I was glad you returned it...This one is a gorgeous stone! It was definitely worth the wait! :love:

I definitely know that feeling and Im glad I didnt with this!

MamaBee

Ideal_Rock
@AK29 Help an old person out. Which Imgur do I get from the App Store? Omg...I’m going to try to do videos if it kills me...

AK29

Shiny_Rock
@AK29 Help an old person out. Which Imgur do I get from the App Store? Omg...I’m going to try to do videos if it kills me...

@Mamabean hahahah- I honestly dont know if there is an imgur app store? I just typed imgur into google. Then once you hit the website in the left hand corner there is a green button that says "New Post" - you can click that and upload the videos! Thats what I did LOL

MamaBee

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean hahahah- I honestly dont know if there is an imgur app store? I just typed imgur into google. Then once you hit the website in the left hand corner there is a green button that says "New Post" - you can click that and upload the videos! Thats what I did LOL
What?! Ok thanks!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
What?! Ok thanks!
Either download from google or you can go to the App Store. Type Imgur in the search function and download. When you go to Imgur there is a + in the right corner. Select your pics from the drop down and then change from ‘public’ to ‘hidden’ and then upload. It will come up with a ‘copy’ or ‘share’ link that makes it easy to cut and paste into any thread. Make sure you make all your posts hidden or it will open it up to that universe of mostly crude comments.

@AK29 - that looks like a solid ring and a $100,000 hand. I can barely tell that is a moissanite and the whole look literally rocks!!

MamaBee

Ideal_Rock
Either download from google or you can go to the App Store. Type Imgur in the search function and download. When you go to Imgur there is a + in the right corner. Select your pics from the drop down and then change from ‘public’ to ‘hidden’ and then upload. It will come up with a ‘copy’ or ‘share’ link that makes it easy to cut and paste into any thread. Make sure you make all your posts hidden or it will open it up to that universe of mostly crude comments.

@AK29 - that looks like a solid ring and a $100,000 hand. I can barely tell that is a moissanite and the whole look literally rocks!!
Thank you @swaye2010! :bigsmile:

Queenie60

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring. Glad you like your August Vintage stone. I recently purchased an AVR moissy ring from Jonathan and am loving it. He has dialed in the science of cutting moissy to eliminate that rainbow look.

AK29

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring. Glad you like your August Vintage stone. I recently purchased an AVR moissy ring from Jonathan and am loving it. He has dialed in the science of cutting moissy to eliminate that rainbow look.

I think I saw it! Lovely 3 stone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. :love:

I am new to moissanite and just got my first moissanite from Jonathan. An AVC. I love it. Looks like he has hit it out of the park with all the cuts. Enjoy your gorgeous new ring.

AK29

Shiny_Rock
Stunning. :love:

I am new to moissanite and just got my first moissanite from Jonathan. An AVC. I love it. Looks like he has hit it out of the park with all the cuts. Enjoy your gorgeous new ring.
Thanks! I saw that whopper on your hand in the other thread. Gorgeous! He is definitely onto something good - Im hoping to save up and get the real thing from him in a few years

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I saw that whopper on your hand in the other thread. Gorgeous! He is definitely onto something good - Im hoping to save up and get the real thing from him in a few years

Oh yes that would be divine. I would also love the real thing in an AVC but I think we'd have to mortgage our house. :lol:

Enjoy your delicious new ring! And when you get it in a diamond you can use this one as a travel ring. Win win.

AK29

Shiny_Rock
Oh yes that would be divine. I would also love the real thing in an AVC but I think we'd have to mortgage our house. :lol:

Enjoy your delicious new ring! And when you get it in a diamond you can use this one as a travel ring. Win win.

LOL, yes 7 carats would be pushing it for me in this lifetime too ;-)

Im thrilled with what I have for now, although this forum has a dangerous way of increasing your appetite quick.... :devil:

lindam1503

Rough_Rock
I LOVE this! That is absolutely gorgeous and now I have a new "want" in a big way :). I think AVR = August Vintage Round? I think MRB = Modern Round brilliant?

Rhino, I think IS August Vintage, and I have 7.5mm H&A moissanite stone, BUT he has a cut that eliminates, (or reduces) the double refraction so that his AVR / MRB look like diamonds!!!!

LOVE your ring and thank you so much for all of the pictures and videos--it looks perfect!

ELC88

Rough_Rock
@AK29 Thank you so much for this post! I know this is an older thread, but I just had to tell you that your ring is GORGEOUS! I'm having a hard time deciding between the colorless and near colorless moissanite. I watched the AV youtube videos regarding moissanite color and I think it confused me even more on what I wanted haha My boyfriend is currently waiting for a Brian Gavin Diamond with the specs that he wants, but while we wait, he is getting me a moissanite stone in the BGD grace 3 stone ring. After seeing your ring, I think I the near colorless stone would be a better fit for us, so thank you so much for this post!

AK29

Shiny_Rock
@AK29 Thank you so much for this post! I know this is an older thread, but I just had to tell you that your ring is GORGEOUS! I'm having a hard time deciding between the colorless and near colorless moissanite. I watched the AV youtube videos regarding moissanite color and I think it confused me even more on what I wanted haha My boyfriend is currently waiting for a Brian Gavin Diamond with the specs that he wants, but while we wait, he is getting me a moissanite stone in the BGD grace 3 stone ring. After seeing your ring, I think I the near colorless stone would be a better fit for us, so thank you so much for this post!

Im glad it helped! Would love to see your ring when its here! :)

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Get the Look: Moira Rose
    Get the Look: Moira Rose
    Spic n' Span Sparkle - How to Clean and Protect your Jewelry
    Spic n' Span Sparkle - How to Clean and Protect your Jewelry
    January Birthstone 2021: Red Garnet
    January Birthstone 2021: Red Garnet

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.