shape
carat
color
clarity

My Asscher E-Ring & Square Step (Carre) Eternity!!!

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My Story:

My 10th wedding anniversary was last week. And, don't get me wrong, I've always LOVED my simple wedding set! Plain Asscher solitaire, plain platinum band. Understated. Classic. Totally me. It's what I wanted when I got married, and I would choose it again over and over. I am still as in LOVE with my stone as I am the man who gave it to me! And I've never seen another Asscher on anybody's hand in real life. Here's how I had worn it for ALMOST 10 years...

IMG_20180322_153026.jpg

But, in January, as my 10th Anniversary approached, I decided that I wanted to add a little "bling" to it. That's what led me here.

I honestly didn't know WHAT I wanted. Call it a midlife crisis. Or diamond ignorance. I had NO idea! I have several nice pieces of jewelry, but I rarely shop for it, and I thought I was done with my wedding set on our wedding day. I seriously came here COMPLETELY LOST.

So, I lurked. And searched. And zoomed in on photos. And drooled over the AMAZING eye candy on all these pages. And I read your fabulous stories.

I considered a right hand ring, but I have other rings that I never wear, and I truly wanted something special, something I would wear all the time. I considered changing the setting, but I'm way too sentimental for that. In my heart, I didn't want to change my set at all. I just wanted to add to it a little. Whatever I bought needed to complement it without overwhelming or distracting. It needed to "fit." (And I'm big about symmetry. That's one reason I love my Asscher so much!)

Eventually, I ran across a post with a "carre" eternity ring - square step cuts that looked like little baby Asschers. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? They MAKE those?!? I bought some Asscher studs a few years ago, but a whole RING of them? Uh, yes, please. I'd found exactly what I wanted!

I went to a few local jewelry stores, but none had even princess cut eternity rings to try on. There were a couple of exceptions with baguettes, but most were all rounds, and they just didn't fit just right with my Asscher. I did figure out the proportion I wanted, but, when it came to the actual ring, I had to trust my gut. And your pictures.

I was on a quest, and when I saw this vintage square step cut eternity at Beladora.com, I KNEW it was my ring. Knew it. Knew it. KNEW IT! It was absolutely perfect! My size with the proportions I wanted, and a full eternity for far less than I would have spent to have a half one made.

There was just one problem. My husband wanted to "surprise" me with it on our Anniversary trip to Vail. Which meant I would be out of the 60 day return window. Luckily, he and I have the EXACT same taste! (He's actually probably pickier than I am!) I threw a sweatshirt over my head when I got the ring in the mail and let him try it on my finger. If he hated it, I said, we could return it. He didn't hate it. But all he would tell me was, "I think you'll like it."

He put it in the safe and I literally counted down the days until I could put this baby on my finger. (I think I started at 58 and worked my way down!) When I got it, it was better than I imagined. (And I had done a LOT of imagining!)

I can't help it, every time I look at it, I am GIDDY! I LOVE the way it sparkles and I think it makes my solitaire stand out. Whenever we stepped into an elevator in Colorado, I was flashing it around in the lights! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! I could have searched for YEARS and not found anything I loved any more.

So, I know this was a long rambling post, but I wanted to say, "Thank you." I really appreciate all of your threads, pictures and stories. I hope to stick around and learn more and, of course, ogle. I will be posting these pictures in a few different threads in the hope that they help someone like me, who comes here not even knowing WHAT she wants, but somehow winds up with more than she could have ever asked for! THANK YOU, PRICESCOPERS! You ROCK!

The Specs & The Pics:

Engagement ring: .90 VVS2 F Asscher Solitaire in Platinum - Size 5.5 w/ plain platinum wedding band
Eternity Ring: 1.00 CTW VS G-H color Square Step Cuts (Carre) in Platinum - Size 5.25, 2.3 mm, 35 diamonds

View attachment 620895
Picture2.jpg
IMG_20180401_094511 (1).jpg
IMG_20180330_114621.jpg

IMG_20180330_114555.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180329_172018.jpg
    IMG_20180329_172018.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20180329_170902.jpg
    IMG_20180329_170902.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 36

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! :love: It's beautiful and works perfectly with your ering and other band! Gorgeous wedding set and perfect proportions, congrats and Happy Anniversary! :appl:

oneam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love it! I never would have guessed that asscher is .90, it looks much bigger on your hand!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just an awesome set, you have great taste :)

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love love love it. Happy anniversary!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it with your ering and original wedding band. It looks great! Congrats on your anniversary!

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a stunning set!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah you knocked that out of the park! it looks gorgeous and is a perfect complement to your wedding set :love: congratulations on your 10th anniversary

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank y'all so much!!! We had the BEST anniversary weekend! I'm so blessed! :appl:

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
Happy anniversary. I love your new band. It really compliments your ER. Excellent choice.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - just the perfect compliment to your diamond!

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
I love your set. I'm glad you found your perfect anniversary ring!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! A perfect set! Congratulations on 10 years! I hope you have another 65 more!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set of rings!.:love:Congrats on 10 years!:clap:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just really, REALLY beautiful :love: The proportions are absolutely perfect & your set looks so RIGHT together, like you have sat down with a designer at the very beginning of your journey & planned all three rings in one go to complement each other. And the shape of those diamonds are not common, lady. You enjoy the rarity!

Congratulations on 10 years & please indulge us with more pictures to dribble on!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a perfect match! Congrats on ten years! I love how hAppy you sound about the ring (AND the man)!

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yay an Asscher thread!:appl:
Your story had me enthralled the whole way through. You have a beautiful set! And that band compliments your Ering perfectly.. what a find.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See, this is the perfect stack :love:

The widths of the bands/shank are perfect together. The heights of the bands are perfect together. The stone combination is perfect.

Perfect.

Congrats on ten years!! :appl::bigsmile:

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If someone would make a statue of patience, you should be the muse for it! I couldn’t have waited so long for this present!

It’s beautiful, and compliments your set perfectly!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this so much. It *is* the perfect stack.:love:
Perfect proportions, perfect in its elegance and classic beauty. Perfect all around.
Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary!:appl:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely. Absolutely perfect set! Happy Anniversary and enjoy your beautiful rings!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Compliments your asscher ering perfectly! Good thing you stuck it out and got exactly what you wanted!!! Its perfect!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks amazing! Well done! I'll have to check out that site! :Up_to_something:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your 10th anniversary! Love the addition to your set - it’s absolutely beautiful and so sophisticated! :love:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous combo!!! Happy Anniversary!!!! :kiss2:

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Truly beautiful :love:
Happy Anniversary!!! :kiss2:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! Love your new ring and the way the entire set goes together! Happy Anniversary :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your new ring!! And - the good thing with stacking/multiple bands is that if you want to go back to the more simple look on any particular day - voila! Done!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results