shape
carat
color
clarity

My aquamarine earrings

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so gosh darn excited! These are the aqua pair I bought from Marc at Africagems.

long story short, I had to get them set locally with the stuller 4 prong basket with the guardian type backs.

they are AMAZING in my Brian Gavin cushion shape jackets.

Excuse my nails. I am 5 weeks post double knee replacement surgery and I’m just getting lucid enough to want to care about how I look—
But not on all days. So these are convalescent nails.

Attachments

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

Cerulean

Brilliant_Rock
Omg they are glorious! I looove the cut especially and they look gorgeous on you!

Hope your recovery is going well.

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Those aquamarines are such a deliciously saturated tropical color they could be the finest blue zircons! They are elegant on their own but blingalicious in those gorgeous jackets! I hope these brighten your convalescence and you are back to feeling yourself soon!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’re so pretty! How do they match with your beautiful ring?

Pretty close match. I’ll take a pic later.

thanks everyone. I want to do individual replies, but I just woke up (had a bad night). So I’m slow going this morning.

they definitely added a bright spot in my recovery! So excited!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. Sorry for the pause. I’ve had bad nights and have been depressed a tad and then I decided to collect money for a group purchase of lotto tickets lol. So I’ve wanted to save my replies for when I had the time to sit down and really be here in this thread and read everything.

Thank you, everyone. I’m absolutely bowled over at how this set is coming out.

I have a nearly 11 carat oval for a pendant that is in CAD stage. It is a bit lighter than the ring and earrings, but it has a different personality altogether and is flashy so I think it’s cool and brings a nice balance and little something extra to the group.

here are a bunch of pics in different lighting of the studs in the BG jackets with the 8 carat ring BG made for me.

D65D029B-6DAF-4DAD-8841-952DEEBC9B25.jpeg

78FE3953-7719-4377-B2D0-A8987C9D8897.jpeg

FFFD6A99-5366-47AE-A587-BC7D242E099D.jpeg

EC320EFD-2957-4AF0-ADFA-540AD7B5F32B.jpeg

AFD2A65E-65E4-4AE3-8239-DFB0584896A0.jpeg

A9221376-C24B-4ED9-9C94-04C7B295330E.jpeg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cerulean thank you. They are glorious and sort of glowy (maybe neon idk) that I wasn’t expecting and don’t know how to explain. They are gemmy. Thanks for the well wishes. As I say, it’s 5 steps forward and 2 back and I’m on the 2 back right now.

@LLJsmom you know, it’s been sort of unintended to be here. I mean, other than the fact that blue is my favorite color and so I like all things blue. The ring stone is from Gary at finewater gems and it was on sale for a nice price and I was like... 8 carats? This could be interesting. And so I began.... lol. Now I want a bracelet.

@OdetteOdile thank you so much. They are so gorgeous in real life... you know when you see a piece and your heart starts singing? That is how I felt when I saw the studs set.

@Lisa Loves Shiny thank you. I think this is medium blue and they are African, not Brazilian. The jackets have been one of my best purchases because they are so versatile. Now I have akoya pearls, diamonds, blue sapphire and now aquamarines for them. I keep an eye out for round matched pairs around 5.7-5.9 mm

@Polyhex you have a great eye for color, so I am tickled that they do something for you. Thank you for the well wishes. Yes, they have absolutely brightened my day. I sit here in pajamas with my legs hooked to ice machines and I wear them lol.

@rcjtraveler, thank you so much. The jackets really amp them up.

@lissyflo haha definitely a pick me up. And working on the pendant CAD has been a nice distraction also.

@missy smile.. love it. Aqualicious. I want to jump in and swim in them lol

@MamaBee enjoy the photos! Lol

@RunningwithScissors thank you for the nice thoughts on my recovery.

@bling_dream19 thank You! They really are so pretty in the jackets, and they hold their color.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’re here!!!!!!! :cool2: :appl:

This photo. OMG. This set is fit for royalty. I love the earrings in the jackets - totally elevates them. And what a perfect size fit!!

1611434604593.jpeg

The colour on these aquas is so similar - they really look like they were bought as a matched trio. They’re the colour of the water over the coral reefs in Brisbane on a sunny day. I can’t wait to see them one day - you wear baby blues beautifully :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous and perfect with your ring!!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Jewelry for Women in their 20s
    Jewelry for Women in their 20s
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.