shape
carat
color
clarity

my anniversary(engagement) ring

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Since we didn't have much besides a lot of student loan debt when we got married 10 years ago, DH promised to get me a ring when for our 10th anniversary. When the time came, I looked through tons of websites and jewellery stores to get ideas (unfortunately before I discovered pricescope) and decided that I wanted to get something made because a lot of stores I went to said that they would have to order my ring due to the sizing anyways. Even though there were a lot of solitaires with some pretty settings that I liked, I knew I wanted to have something unique, but still classic. I eventually decided on a twisted band setting with milgrain detail.

The centre stone is 0.70 ct G VS2 VG cut, Ex polish, Ex symmetry and the white side diamonds are E/F VS ideal melee, the pink diamonds are also natural untreated colour, ideal cut and polish. My ring size is 4.5 and the ring is 19kt white gold.

ring-a.jpg

ring-a2.jpg

ring-a3.jpg

ring-a4.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and setting!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I love how unique it is, but comes together so beautifully. That's spectacular. Congratulations! Great choice.

warmdiamondlove

Rough_Rock
That.Is.GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on 10 years, btw!! :))

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning! Congratulations.

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
I love it with the rose gold. It really does make the pinks pop out more than how you had it before. Good choice it's lovely!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous and unique, I love it! Enjoy!!!! :appl:

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
That is very unique and beautiful. Congrats on your ring and anniversary!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lovely and the pink diamonds make it just that little bit different. congrats!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow- I love the two tone look!!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's a beautiful ring, congratulations on your anniversary :wavey:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring - worth the wait!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! The centre diamond is stunning, and I adore the two tone look! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!! :appl: :appl:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! The two-tone looks great.

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
It's wonderful. I've always really liked twisted bands. Great choice! Congrats on 10 years!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
By the way- cute pup! :)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love the twisted shank and milgrain. Very pretty! Congrats on your 10th anniversary. I'm coming up to my 15th anniversary and have become obsessed with this site looking for my upgrade. I think you made a great choice!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!! I LOVE the setting!! :love:

Congratulations on 10 years!

Cachette :))

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow! I love this. So unique and awesome.

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on a beautiful, well deserved ring! I love the pink!

ChrisES

Shiny_Rock
Just shows that a VG can look absolutely stunning...I hope you don't mind if I point newbies to this as evidence that they don't NEED AGS000 as long as they shop carefully.

Congratulations on your anniversary and on a fantastic ring! I love the two-tone with the slightly warm stone...it just all fits together perfectly. (Actually, I think the stone may be reflecting the pink a bit? Regardless, it works.)

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a unique and beautiful ring!! I love the facet pattern of your center stone.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It's really really pretty, good work! Congrats on the anniversary! :appl:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP - your ring is so beautiful! I love the entwined pink and white milgrained ribbon twists - changing to the rose gold was a brilliant move as it not only highlights the pink diamonds but enriches the entire look of the ring - it looks amazingly perfect on your hand. Congratulations on your anniversary - may you wear this ring in happiness and health always!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! I love the faceting of the center stone!

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the compliments and well wishes everyone :D

When we decided to get married, he had nothing but good intentions and we got married with wedding bands that cost $50 on sale from The Bay, haha. I guess it was worth the wait :)

I was actually going through the whole "mind clean" issue because it took forever (and a lot of trips to the jeweller) to finally get my ring completed the way I wanted - it took over 4 months before the final product was delivered (3 months AFTER my anniversary) and another two to get the certificate! :angryfire: Now that some time has passed, I realized at least I have a ring (finally) and I do like it.

When I told DH about the mind clean thing, he thought that I made it up so that I can push for an upgrade already! He jokingly said I would need to wait another 10 years for a second ring :nono:

For your reference, here's what the ring looked like before:

ring-b.jpg

hoover

Shiny_Rock
ChrisES - I was worried about not getting an ideal centre stone, but it sparkles a lot - even in low light - and the sparkles are even flashes of different colours. I just wanted the best value for our budget, and this diamond happened to fit the bill. I was floored by how much prices jumped at the 0.75 and 1.00 ct marks - especially the ideal ones! I'll try to dig up the stats on the diamond when I get home if you think that will help.

Amy's Bling - thanks :) he's a not-very-mini mini goldendoodle (36 lbs!) who insists on sitting on any available lap.

ChrisES

Shiny_Rock
hoover|1331141287|3142983 said:
ChrisES - I was worried about not getting an ideal centre stone, but it sparkles a lot - even in low light - and the sparkles are even flashes of different colours. I just wanted the best value for our budget, and this diamond happened to fit the bill. I was floored by how much prices jumped at the 0.75 and 1.00 ct marks - especially the ideal ones! I'll try to dig up the stats on the diamond when I get home if you think that will help.

I'd certainly be curious about the full stats, but only because as a diamond newbie myself I'm still learning.

And, to philosophize a bit, I don't want to give the impression that I'm on an anti-ideal crusade: I do agree that ideal is safer and that you need to be a good shopper to get a good value rather than something you won't be happy with or that might actually be a rip-off.

But as you say, you can find good sparkle on a budget!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hoover said:
Thank you for the compliments and well wishes everyone :D

When we decided to get married, he had nothing but good intentions and we got married with wedding bands that cost $50 on sale from The Bay, haha. I guess it was worth the wait :)

I was actually going through the whole "mind clean" issue because it took forever (and a lot of trips to the jeweller) to finally get my ring completed the way I wanted - it took over 4 months before the final product was delivered (3 months AFTER my anniversary) and another two to get the certificate! :angryfire: Now that some time has passed, I realized at least I have a ring (finally) and I do like it.

When I told DH about the mind clean thing, he thought that I made it up so that I can push for an upgrade already! He jokingly said I would need to wait another 10 years for a second ring :nono:

For your reference, here's what the ring looked like before:
it's beautiful!! Look at those arrows

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results