shape
carat
color
clarity

My 7 stone wedding band!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I'm finally married and able to wear my wedding band!

It is a 7 stone made up of F/G VS 7 pointers. For reference, my solitaire is .51 G VS2 H&A.

I know PS "rules" dictate that I should have chosen a small, slim band, but I just fell in love with the size of these stones! I love that it is substantial enough to be worn alone or as part of a collection of stacking rings.

I didn't realise just how dirty these rings were until I uploaded the pics. I will be back with more as soon as I have cleaned them!

Trekkie 7 stone 2.jpg

Rings with rose.jpg

Rings on couch.jpg

420348_372409759440541_100000145598957_1730714_1360192954_n.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! It's beautiful.
I went for a thicker look in my wedding band too, five pointers in a 3/4 eternity (although channel set rather than prong as I am a little hard on my jewelry and need something robust), rather than the "matching" band of 1 pointers!

You must be thrilled!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: What a beautiful wedding set!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
I really like both you e-ring and wedding band: they look perfect on your finger!

Trekkie said:
I know PS "rules" dictate that I should have chosen a small, slim band, but I just fell in love with the size of these stones! I love that it is substantial enough to be worn alone or as part of a collection of stacking rings.
If asked, most of PSers would have suggested a thinner diamond band, but:
the most important opinion is your opinion, so you did right by choosing what you like best;
thanks to your lovely pictures, many people will sincerely compliment on your choice.

Best to you and your husband,
Purplesilk

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I like it. A lot.

I think the proportions with your ering looks great too.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl|1327650881|3112881 said:
Congratulations!!! It's beautiful.
I went for a thicker look in my wedding band too, five pointers in a 3/4 eternity (although channel set rather than prong as I am a little hard on my jewelry and need something robust), rather than the "matching" band of 1 pointers!

You must be thrilled!

Thank you! Yes, I am thrilled! I absolutely love the way they look together! I also considered five pointers but I have such chubby fingers that they just seemed quite lost on me. I needed something with more visual impact.

purplesilk said:
:appl: :appl: :appl: What a beautiful wedding set!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
I really like both you e-ring and wedding band: they look perfect on your finger!

Trekkie said:
If asked, most of PSers would have suggested a thinner diamond band, but:
the most important opinion is your opinion, so you did right by choosing what you like best;
thanks to your lovely pictures, many people will sincerely compliment on your choice.

Best to you and your husband,
Purplesilk

Thank you very much! You know, that's exactly what I thought! I could do the accepted thing and regret not getting larger diamonds, or I could get the rings I want and love them to bits... So that's what I did!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
iota15|1327651523|3112884 said:
Oh, I like it. A lot.

I think the proportions with your ering looks great too.

Thank you!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you made a wonderful choice!! Your set is so stunning and elegant, and I think the size of the diamonds you chose is perfect, and doesn't overpower your beautiful e-ring in the slightest. Plus it would look amazing worn alone, I'm tipping! Congratulations Mrs Trekkie!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
DandiAndi|1327653379|3112893 said:
I think you made a wonderful choice!! Your set is so stunning and elegant, and I think the size of the diamonds you chose is perfect, and doesn't overpower your beautiful e-ring in the slightest. Plus it would look amazing worn alone, I'm tipping! Congratulations Mrs Trekkie!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you sooooo much! That's high praise coming from you - I absolutely adore your bling wardrobe!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
That is so lovely and very suiting to your E-ring

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Beautiful ring :)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, I think they look fantastic together.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
they look great together!!! You chose very well - they balance each other beautifully and most importantly, you love the size! :appl: :love: :appl:

Sometimes, we just have to go outside the box and break a few rules! It's all about what you love and how happy it makes you. Congratulations on your wedding - live long and prosper Mrs Trekkie!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that they look beautiful together! :love: :appl:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you sooo much, Mitsui4, Amys Bling and lknvrb4!

I never would've thought I'd get so many positive responses from what is essentially going against the PS norm!

Enerchi, yup, I am Mrs Trekkie now. Are you also a Star Trek fan or did you just say that because it made me smile? :) Either way, I'm smiling... I can't believe it - I'm a married woman!

Diamondseeker2006 , I'm hoping that when my solitaire grows up it looks exactly like yours! I'm quite sad that you're going smaller but I completely understand that sometimes going against the mainstream makes one happier. I can't wait to see your new precious!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your band Trekkie! I wear a band that I am sure people would say over-powers my thin e-ring, but I love it. Sometimes you just have to go with more bling. Never be sorry, it looks great! Congratulations on the wedding, I hope you have years and years of joy! Did you post pics of the wedding?

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle said:
I love your band Trekkie! I wear a band that I am sure people would say over-powers my thin e-ring, but I love it. Sometimes you just have to go with more bling. Never be sorry, it looks great! Congratulations on the wedding, I hope you have years and years of joy! Did you post pics of the wedding?

I love your wedding set! It is perfection!

No, we have not yet posted pics of the wedding. I really should get around to it. Just goes to show what my priorities are - bling vs wedding - BLING, no contest!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the way it looks!!!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Trekkie,

I just thought you'd appreciate the Spock / Vulcan reference! my hubby is a big ST fan... I am not, but I could probably while away a few hours with Captain Jean Luc Picard, if need be ... :Up_to_something: :naughty: :Up_to_something:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1327677801|3113061 said:
Hey Trekkie,

I just thought you'd appreciate the Spock / Vulcan reference! my hubby is a big ST fan... I am not, but I could probably while away a few hours with Captain Jean Luc Picard, if need be ... :Up_to_something: :naughty: :Up_to_something:

Your wedding band and ering look perfect together!

And ooohhh do I have a thing for Picard! :naughty:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
packrat said:
Enerchi|1327677801|3113061 said:
Hey Trekkie,

Your wedding band and ering look perfect together!

And ooohhh do I have a thing for Picard! :naughty:
:-o

LOL!!! Yeah Baby!!! That's one cool dude! I could "boldly go" .... oops - too risky to finish that thought! :lol: :lol: :lol:

50shadesofblack

Shiny_Rock
I think they look beautiful together. :twirl:

Congrats on your marriage!

P.S. Picard is cool, but somehow I have always preferred Janeway/Voyager! ;))

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Your set looks gorgeous :love: :love: :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I love it and I think it looks great with your ering!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think your band overpowers your ERing at all- congrats on the wedding :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! This is totally the look I'm going for too, a solitaire with a big, blingy band. The 7 pointers look great! What is your finger size if you don't mind me asking?

Congrats on your marriage!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's a perfect choice. They look gorgeous together. :love:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your rings are beautiful, I thing you have a perfectly balanced set.

The only rule I know is that the wearer should love her sparklies...I think you have that covered :)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trekkie|1327656580|3112906 said:
DandiAndi|1327653379|3112893 said:

Thank you sooooo much! That's high praise coming from you - I absolutely adore your bling wardrobe!

Oh bless your heart, you are a doll! :love:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Motownmama, Packrat, Ivana, armywife13, slg47, Amys Bling, Diamond*Dana, Laila619, SparklyOEC and KaeKae!

And for the record, while I think Picard is cute, I think Chakotay is utterly delectable! ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results