shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My 5.14 ctw 4th of July Extravaganza!

SpoiledByHim

Rough_Rock
Ok, it wasn't really a 4th of July gift, but wait until you see the fireworks!!

First things first, it was my 10 year wedding anniversary on June 27th and I was in the market for a diamond ring. I really wanted a solitaire right hand bling ring (2+ carats) but couldn't justify spending the kind of money we would have to spend on the ring I wanted. The hubbs was willing to do it because it would make me happy, but my practical, sensible self said, "No way." Wearing the total of a small car on my hand just didn't seem like something I should do. Keep in mind, it's a social decision. My husband and I make good money and tend to downplay it with friends who have more modest incomes and I work for a non-profit full of people who DO NOT covet material things. So basically the only places I could wear this right hand bling ring are to the store, out to eat, and wherever we go that doesn't involve friends. Spending a small fortune on a ring that I can't wear daily is over the top excessive. We have our moments of excess, but that is just ridiculous.

Anyway, the hubbs being the sweet sexy man that he is had to listen to me argue with myself whether or not I should get a ring. He finally said, "Go get your bling already, I'm tired of hearing about it." I was feeling a little guilty and dragging my feet because we had already decided this past January to take a European river cruise with Avalon Waterways to commemorate the occasion in August (not exactly inexpensive). For two months I perused the PriceScope forums and a million other online forums and stores for ideas and finally decided an eternity ring fit my personality best. After visiting several local jewelry stores it became apparent that eternity rings weren't easy to come by, where I live anyway. Every jeweler I spoke with said in the long term I would not be happy with it because of the enormous upkeep (diamonds chipping, etc.). I went for it anyway because no one can tell me what to do when my mind is made up about jewelry, plus I had already given up my first dream of the right hand bling ring and wasn't giving up on another. BTW, I decided the rhbr could be my 15 year anniversary gift, or 12th, or 11th, who knows? :wink2:

After a long, but super fun search, I ran across Mark Broumand's website and fell in love with a two-row anniversary band. The video on his website took my breath away. I had to have it. It was the bling that could take me away from my 2+ carat dream ring.

5.14 ctw
38 RB diamonds in 18K white gold setting
VS quality (more on that later)
F-G color

Review to come on purchasing from Mark Broumand, but for now...please keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times, buckle up, and enjoy the fireworks!!

p1050579.jpg

p1050457.jpg

p1050585.jpg

p1050747.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! :love: Congratulations! It's beautiful! :appl:

SpoiledByHim

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Mayk, I can't stop staring! It's a cornucopia of sensuous sparkle!

SpoiledByHim

Rough_Rock
A few more...because I really can't help it! Raise your hand if you understand the need to flaunt a very flauntable ring. :wavey:

p1050601.jpg

p1050605.jpg

p1050501.jpg

p1050840.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's one kind of fireworks I can look at all day! Congrats on finding something perfect for you!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is B E A Utiful!!! :appl:
Wear it in good health and happy times!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love: The kind of fireworks I can enjoy!

SpoiledByHim

Rough_Rock
Thanks GemFever, Rubies-R-Me, and missy!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, that's just beautiful - happy anniversary!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUMMY!!! I'm in love with your fireworks show!! That's a gorgeous double band - fantastic design and man, does it pack a punch!! Holy COW!! :love: :appl: :love:

Fabulous!! simply FABULOUS!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I bet the sparkle factor is mesmerizing!

SpoiledByHim

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Circe!

Thanks, Enerchi, it sure does!

Thanks, bastetcat, I still can't believe it's all mine!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I absolutely adore your ring! So sparkly! Do you know what size each stone is in it? Also, what ring size are you? This is going on my wish list!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous, sparkly ring!! Congrats on your new piece!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is one fantastic ring. :love: :love: :love:

SpoiledByHim

Rough_Rock
Thanks, lizzyann! Each stone is approximately 13.5 cts and the ring size is a 6+. I'm normally a 6 but I wanted to go a tad bigger just in case my knuckles enlarge over the years. If they get too big I can just transfer it over to my wedding ring finger since that's currently a size 5. The 6+ is slightly larger than a 6 and smaller than a 6.25. I LOVE that this option was offered!

Thanks, Laila and NonieMarie!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is fabulous!!! :love: This must sparkle like crazy! What a gorgeous piece, I really love it - Happy Anniversary!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous eternity!!! I think you made the right choice, it's beautiful and the bling factor is huge :lickout: Lovely pictures :))

SpoiledByHim

Rough_Rock
Thanks, junebug and woofmama! The bling factor is definitely huge and satisfies my appetite for a little (ok, a lot of) fire and ice. :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one FABULOUS ring!! Congratulations!!! It is really beautiful. I love it. :love: :love: Totally my style.

Mrs_CJP

Rough_Rock
That is such a gorgeous gorgeous ring - congrats on your anniversary! It's my 10th next year and how I would love some bling like this!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and happy anniversary!!! :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful!! :love:
Totally a stand alone RH ring with the wow factor! Is it super comfy to wear? And happy anniversary!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love love love it! What a gorgeous ring! It is a WOW!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Love it love it love it!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1373294889|3479030 said:
love love love it! What a gorgeous ring! It is a WOW!

I agree.....it looks lovely on you, too!

SpoiledByHim

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much, LLJsmom, Mrs_CJP, diamondseeker, luv2sparkle, dragonfly, and movie zombie!

Alex T, the ring is VERY comfortable to wear. It has a comfort-fit band and to be honest I barely notice it's there, besides the enjoyment of checking it out in every single type of lighting I find myself in. :lol: With this ring, I'm not at all worried that someone will shake my hand and I'll be crippled for a few hours. In fact, the diamonds are set pretty low and with the prongs set "inside" between the diamonds it's really just a matter of getting used to having a ring on that hand.

SpoiledByHim

Rough_Rock
I realize I didn't post a side shot of my ring, any excuse to post more photos:

p1050537.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results