shape
carat
color
clarity

My 3.52 antique cushion ER! Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
Well my boyfriend, I mean fiance bought my dream ER and proposed to me on our anniversary, August 1st in Las Vegas at an amazing sushi restaurant. We had shopped together for over 2 months for a beautiful cushion and didn't find anything that knocked both our socks off until we found Grace from Jewels by Erica and Grace and her beautiful antique stones! It came down to a 2.43 and the 3.52 antique cushions. The 3.52 was way out of the original budget, but my wonderful fiance said heck with the budget and we both agreed that with such a large diamond ER there would be no upgrading EVER! I was floored when he pulled out "mount Evererest" as he calls it. I thought for sure he'd stay within the budget and go for the 2.43. Needless to say I'm ecstatic!
6.gif

The stone was originally set in an early 1900's platinum setting, but we opted to change it. So it became 4 prong simple knife edge (which hurts my finger and will be changed in a week or two). I'm debating on doing some micropave at a later date as this is just a temporary setting. I hope these pics work...

The old setting:

Sorry, wrong pic. Duh!

9d1b19d91170ebcb483df4716a8556d2_medium.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Funny, your diamond looks like Nars duo eyeshadow!!!!!
2.gif

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
Sorry, ring is FILTHY.

cushion-napkin-1.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!!!!! You must post more pics!!!!!

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
Anyone want to guess the color?

Other stats: stone is from the late 1800's!!!

measurements:

9.70 x 9.60
SI 1- has one small cloudy spot, no black spots.

Ring size is 6.75 and I'm a tall girl with big hands/long fingers (I'm 6'1 1/2") :)

cushion-wood-side.jpg

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
And the stone is set a little crooked, it will be taken back to the jeweler and tilted so it''s straight! I was shocked he didn''t notice considering he''s an engineer! LOL.

cushion-hand4255.jpg

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
oooh, nice! i was wondering who ended up with this ring. looks gorgeous, and i love the eyeshadow, too!
2.gif

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
more pics...

cushion-red-flower42.jpg

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I will take a guess at the color, but could be completely wrong due to seeing the photos on my blackberry and your lighting as you took the picture. To me, it looks quite warm -- L or M. I happen to really like a warm color in the super large cushions. Do you want to put it into an antique style setting (which is also my favorite for large warm cushions)! Congratulations on getting engaged!

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock

cushionredrose1.jpg

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Oh well, while I was writing the previous post you put up two more pictures that make the stone look whiter -- a G or H?

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
I think this one is my favorite!

cushionbud1.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pmpkn, it''s GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations, girl! I just LOVE cushions, and yours is AMAZING!!!
36.gif
30.gif
18.gif

Now the question is . . . are you brave enough to wear it to the barn??? LOL!
2.gif
9.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ohh yeah baby! That is simply yumo-licious! Congrats on the engagement and bless your FI''s heart for throwing the budget out the window!

hmmmmm...I"ve been really searching for old antique cuts......my guess is a M color.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yowza, that''s a gorgeous cushion!!! Love the chunky facets. Enjoy!!!
30.gif

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
More..

cushionbudside1.jpg

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock

Now the question is . . . are you brave enough to wear it to the barn??? LOL!
2.gif
9.gif

Haha, I think I will to show a few friends, but I don''t know if I''ll be letting my horses slobber on it!
:)

cushionredbud21.jpg

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
Here is the old setting.

oldsetting22.jpg

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 10:07:35 PM
Author: erica k
oooh, nice! i was wondering who ended up with this ring. looks gorgeous, and i love the eyeshadow, too!
2.gif

Thanks Erica. Grace was awesome to work with. I need to write a paragraph for the website. BTW, I love your calico- I have one too! :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh goodness, really breathtaking! What a gorgeous stone--so sorry the setting doesn''t work for you as it is lets the stone pop!

cheers--Sharon

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on finding this awesome chunky beauty and on your engagement!!!!
36.gif

Lori

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 10:53:19 PM
Author: loriken214
Congratulations on finding this awesome chunky beauty and on your engagement!!!!
36.gif

Lori

Thank you! If it wasn''t for you WONDERFUL gals on this forum I would still be looking! So I''m eternally grateful!
36.gif

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
That is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! I am super happy for you!!!!! I have to admit that I looked at that stone over and over, so I am glad that it went to such a nice couple!!! Congrats. I would love to see more pictures so I can live vicariously!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous but ok now you have to tell us the color!! I hope it''s a K.

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 11:02:26 PM
Author: Futuremrss
That is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! I am super happy for you!!!!! I have to admit that I looked at that stone over and over, so I am glad that it went to such a nice couple!!! Congrats. I would love to see more pictures so I can live vicariously!

Really? You avatar pic is STUNNING! I love split shank micro pave''s! :)

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 11:10:01 PM
Author: Kelli
That is gorgeous but ok now you have to tell us the color!! I hope it''s a K.

I wish it were a K, since my name is Kelly, but it''s the letter my fiance''s name starts with, so I think it''s extra special. :)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
J? That''s my fiance''s initial, maybe it''s yours too! When can we know? I love seeing diamonds of all the different colors!

pmpkn42

Rough_Rock
Ok, my fiance''s name is Michael, it''s an M! And honestly, it looks way whiter than most of the I''s and J''s we looked at! Never looks yellow in any lighting, more grayish when you look at the side. It''s icy white face up when I look at it. :)

IceAddict

Rough_Rock
You''re going to think I''m a nut - I kind of like the angle of the setting.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beauty, congrats!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results