shape
carat
color
clarity

My (2nd) Engagement Ring: Parade Design

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WinterBride2007

Rough_Rock

WARNING: SMALL BOOK BELOW :)

Well, let me first say that I started following this forum right before we started looking for my engagement ring. And, I must also admit, we should have initially followed some of the advice we saw here. But, better late than never.

We looked everywhere (except online) in San Antonio for rings but I am sure it was not thorough since we are new to the city. My first ring was from Jared''s. I have to say the service we received was wonderful and we were in love with the setting & stone. We thought the price was fair but we were annoyed that they do not really reduce prices or compete for business. Upon receiving the ring, we were very disappointed in the craftmanship of the jeweler. He litterally ruined the setting. So, to humor my fiance (even though the Cincinnati store would replace and fix the ring), I looked at two other recommended B&M stores. To our surprise (though we should have known from the posts on here) that we could get a better ring for less money). I looked at many settings over my trip home (most were not the halo of my original ring...which I liked) to Ohio but on a whim, one jeweler ordered in a ring by Parade Design and I just loved the moment I put it on. Needless to say we purchased this ring, saved money, and just took the first ring back to Jared''s yesterday. So...with my excitement, I thought I would share this ring as no one has ever had one of these on here (I looked before purchasing) and some have inquired about this companies designs. What do you think?

PS...how do you just insert a photo in the post instead of attaching it??

IMGP2842.JPG

WinterBride2007

Rough_Rock
Ok...forget my question on inserting photos...DUH! So here is a side shot. Upon looking for a new ring, I discovered I really wanted something I could abut a ring to instead of a bulky custom band due to the size of the halo. We almost want to hit ourselves for not just looking more instead of being in awe of the sparkle of the first ring since this one is way more beautiful. I guess I might have been slightly emotional wanting a ring even though (I will admit) that my honey did want me to look in Ohio when I was home but I didn''t want to spread our search into another state :) OOPS!

IMGP2857.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
your ring is beautiful!!!! It looks lovely on your finger. I love the design and the halo!!!!

Linda

WinterBride2007

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I really like that it is different and I love the halo. I really loved many halos on this forum but thought this higher setting looked better on me and had some great side detailing.

Ring Info: Princess Cut, AGS000, G, VS2, 1.22 CT. Parade Designs Lycia, 18ct White Gold, 0.60 ct: 1.82 tcw
This style ring is supposed to be for a cushion cut but I wanted a princess and it is still gorgeous/unique. I really love the pave details on the side of the ring and it will fit a thin band on both sides.

Please excuse my photo taking skills but I am having a hard time doing close shots with the sparkle.

my ring 2847.JPG

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I love the gallery, the detail is amazing. Congratulations!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is one amazing profile on a ring. WOW! Congrats!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! I love it! Can you please post more photos???
9.gif
I would love to see more side view angles
1.gif

It looks great on your hand! Congrats on the (2nd) Ering!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful! I love all the details!

WinterBride2007

Rough_Rock
Here are some more shots...this one I call:
"So I wish I was a hand model!"
36.gif

wish I was a hand model image.JPG

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that ring is amazing!!!
30.gif

WinterBride2007

Rough_Rock
Thank you all...I really do love it. i wanted something a little bit different from everyone else. I am so glad I found this...second time is a charm. Thanks goodness Jared took the ring back with no problems!! Here is a shot outside. I tried doing it on a flower but it just wasn''t coming out right...so grass with do.

grass and sun.JPG

WinterBride2007

Rough_Rock
My dog wanted in on some of the action...though this shot does make my fingers look like ET''s or sausages...so hand modeling will NOT be in my future
7.gif

cindy and ring.JPG

WinterBride2007

Rough_Rock
One in the box....I always wondered why people would post a million photos of their ring...now I know why...

side box image.JPG

WinterBride2007

Rough_Rock
Flower shot requested by SanDiegoLady

flower and ring.JPG

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely DELICIOUS !

18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and on finding a ring that makes you so very happy! Lovely side detailing!

ETA: I take it from your post that you were able to fully return your first ring to Jared's for a full refund? Did that include the center stone of is this stone the original center stone?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a fabu ring!! Congrats!! (love the pooch pic....)

cheers--Sharon

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love halos and I''m from San Antonio too! The only store I would dream of working with as far as jewelry is concerned is Americus Diamond. They are wonderful (service/quality/prices), and you should check them out if you are looking for any pieces in the future. Congrats on your engagement!

WinterBride2007

Rough_Rock
NOTE: NOT MY RING ANYMORE...just for reference of issues with 1st ring!!!

Surfgirl:
We returned the entire ring to Jared yesterday. They have this 30 day return policy. To be honest, we were a bit nervous thinking they would argue something but the assistant manager (who sold us the ring) actually said that she couold not believe they let the ring go out how it did. My original ring was a Peerless Diamond 1.19 ct G VS2 set in a 3/4 carat halo. They had the prongs set up so high it looked ackward. Someone else on the forum just posted their Jared ring that was set like that (referenced image). I think it is a personal preference but we were told it would be much lower. To me, all I could ever see when I did a side look on my ring was space. From the top, it looked ok everything about the gallery and inside was horrible. I should see if I have photos. When we went to the two jewelers in Cincinnati...they got us a significantly better deal on a slightly larger stone that was AGS000 as well. They also did not charge us sales tax since we technically bought it from Texas. That saved almost $900. I should have taken the comments on the site with more consideration in that the Peerless stone is marked up WAY too much. I have to say they way Jared prices the Peerless is weird because any stone from 0.97 to 1.22 ct is $7200 which 1.23 to 1.44 is like $9600. Our original stone was just under the requirements to get that $7200 price. What many people that buy the stone don''t know is you can request them to look for a certain color and clarity and largest size possible in the range like we did. They first tried to offer us a 1.06 H SI1...we were like...UH NO....at least I can say the Jared''s CS was ok to deal with but in the end we decided even if they fixed the ring...we felt a bit underconfident in their jewelers skills. Here is an ok shot of my first ring. You can see how high it is set...crooked. All the space looks black around the stones, and you might not be able to see the dull area where the basket was soddered to the ring...no shiny. I dont'' have a good shot of the smashed setting:

1st blah ring.JPG

WinterBride2007

Rough_Rock
nessvan12:
We did look at Americus Diamond but they did not have any halo''s that I really liked. It was honestly between Bailey Banks & Biddle or Jared. I think maybe I was more excited about going home with a ring on my finger (finally) that making sure 100% everything would be ring. Thank goodness I went home and did more homework. We have only been in San Antonio for like 2.5 months now so we are very new and did not really know every option out there though we went to like 10 places. I work from home so we also don''t know many locals for advice either. My FI was nervous about doing everything online so we pounded the pavement. I would go to Americus in the furture for things since I did like some stuff there. We will go there to look for FI wedding band.

WinterBride2007

Rough_Rock
NOTE: not my ring...just for comparison sake to my new ring and to show old rings issues.

This is not the most clear shot by you can see that the underside leaves something to be desired when compared to my new one. Also, you can sort of see the left corner closet to you in the image looks weird. that is the smashed side with the soddered metal chunked underneath. Thanks goodness for the "no questions asked" return policy. though I did give plenty of insight to them about how horrible this ring is!

1st blah ring other.JPG

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
Well, welcome to San Antonio, hope you meet lots of great people. I really love this city...it''s so friendly! Congrats again on your engagement and I think your 2nd Ring is absolutley beautiful!
36.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is gorgeous! Much nicer than the first one I think. That is such a unique setting too. Congrats!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My Goodness, WinterBride2007, I absolutely love your new ring!! It is simply stunning, but of course I love just about anything by Parade Designs and have several pieces myself. I really love the detail on the gallery,YUMM!!
30.gif
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is gorgeous!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

WinterBride2007

Rough_Rock
Catmom:
I really love the Parade Designs as well. I was a bit worried that I would not find anything besides something custom since many items I liked online did nothing for me in person. But, right when I saw it...I knew it was wonderful. THANK, I LOVE IT
30.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your new and improved halo is gorgeous! The setting is stunning and the diamond looks gorgeous. I definitely like it better than the old one, too. Congratulations on your engagement!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Congrats WB! I love your new ring, and you''re right, it is much better crafted than the first one. You made a great choice!
36.gif

K&L

Shiny_Rock
hello winterbride! i believe my ring is the one that you referred to. your ring is gorgeous - so unique! im probably biased, i love halos! im curious, how was the price of the new setting compared to the setting at jareds? i too thought the diamond would be set lower than it is, and i prefer to look at it from the top... i havent seen any halo settings that were comparable pricewise though. my ring has really interesting details from the bottom, i''ll try to post some pictures soon. i hadn''t heard of parade designs before, they have some great jewelry on their website! congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Your new setting is definitely an improvement from the old setting IMO. I''m glad everything turned out well and you love your ring now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results