shape
carat
color
clarity

My 18k rose gold emerald and ruby byzantine ring from Greece

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This ring was my first ring I ever purchased for myself and was lost for years. I went to Greece about six years ago and never really liked wearing rings, but saw this in a store in Athens and I loved it. Given this was way before I joined pricescope and so I didn't have as much knowledge of gemstones as I do now. I know that this is not the best quality emerald but it is natural with an inclusion that does reach the surface as seen in the pictures.
About a year after buying it I had misplaced it in my apartment. I was torn mainly because it stood for my memory of my first trip to Europe and knowing that I could at least stand having the weight of rings on my middle finger (still don't like wearing rings on my ring finger). As time went on I bought new rings and sorta forgot about this one. A few days ago I did another major cleaning of my room, and found a ring box with this ring in it.
I love that it still fits and the design and texture of the ring. The emerald has a nice deep color to it even with the inclusion, I feel it doesn't take to much away from it. The emerald is 5x7 and two rubies are 2mm each. The rose gold is more peachy gold which I love because I don't want it to pink. Here are many pictures :)

In indirect sunlight
byz1.jpg
byz2.jpg
byz4.jpg

In direct sunlight
byz3.jpg
byz5.jpg
byz6.jpg

In my room lighting
byz9.jpg
byz8.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My 18k rose gold emerald and ruby byzantine ring from Gr

I totally love everything about this ring - from the scrollwork to the color combination. So glad you found it!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lilmosun|1453084752|3977344 said:
I totally love everything about this ring - from the scrollwork to the color combination. So glad you found it!

+1 to this! I love everything about this piece!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love it.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

Oh I love this very very much. It's a classic design but the use if rose gold makes it different. I like how the Rose gold complements the Emerald and rubies but doesn't compete like yellow would. S very glad you found it

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

It's a beautiful ring it looks really lovely on you. What a nice surprise that it turned up after all these years.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So glad you found your ring! It's such a beautiful piece and it looks stunning on you. What an amazing green :love:

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Sungura|1453090500|3977380 said:
Oh I love this very very much. It's a classic design but the use if rose gold makes it different. I like how the Rose gold complements the Emerald and rubies but doesn't compete like yellow would. S very glad you found it
Thank you all. Your right it is a classic byzantine design but with the rose gold and compared to rings made in the USA its very different :) which I love.

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

It's perfect, and what a lovely story to share. Thank you!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

It looks pretty and the Byzantine style is popular now.

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock

What a great story with a happy ending. It's like getting a new ring all over again!

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank u all. The pictures are pretty close to what the emerald color is, though its not capturing the glow of the emerald, but the rubies come out lighter and more purple pint in the pics than what I see in real life

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

I love it! :love: :love: :love: :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

That's a great ring! Glad you found it :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

That's awesome that you found it! Phew. I think you need a jewelry box now. ;-) hehe It's a pretty ring, especially due to the sentiments attached. Wear it in good health!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It doesn't have to be world class to be pretty and loved. I think it's a beautiful piece that deserves to be worn and enjoyed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results