shape
carat
color
clarity

My 14-year journey to (Crafted by) Infinity!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel compelled to share my experience with Wink Jones, Melissa Sharp, and HPD! For quite a while I have been researching stones for on a ring update in honor of my husband’s and my 14-year anniversary. I have enjoyed this forum so much over the years and I have gained SO many valuable insights from all of you. In fact, I credit this group’s collective advice for leading me to Wink Jones and Crafted by Infinity diamonds! My husband and I got engaged 15 years ago as struggling graduate students, and although the sentiment embodied by my original engagement ring was beyond compare, my original RB stone was a .91 I SI1 and let’s just say that a well cut stone was out of our reach at the time. As a very color-sensitive “cut nut” I was fairly sure that I would upgrade at some point, and now with three sweet boys (ages 8 and under) and a wealth of memories in tow, the time is finally right!

In considering stones for my (hopefully final!) update I compared a variety of online sources including Whiteflash ACA, BGD, and VC, but so many of you lavished praise for Wink Jones and CBI that I just had to see what HPD had to offer. Based on cflutist’s account I was willing to consider a Cut-To-Order stone, but when I scanned the inventory, lo and behold Wink had exactly what I was looking for! Before I get to the stone specs I must say that Wink was a consummate professional as well as an incredible pleasure to work with, and Melissa was nothing short of top-notch as well! This really is a dream come true and I am ridiculously excited about the result! I honestly cannot find sufficient words to express my gratitude to Wink and Melissa; they are the best!!!

Now for the diamond specs! As I have no intention of upgrading again, I was hoping to crack the 2 carat mark, and for a myriad of reasons the number 21 has sentimental significance for me. In addition, I was looking for a diamond in the D-E range (I know, I know… overkill, but I am ridiculously color-sensitive). As fate would have it, Wink had a 2.21 D VS2 stone. He sent the diamond to me for inspection and it literally took my breath away! It is currently being set by BGD into their Novela setting. For those who are curious, here are the stats on the stone:

Table: 55.5%
Crown Angle: 34.4%
Pavilion Angle: 40.9%
Total Depth: 62%
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick

And here is the video that Wink made of the stone:
http://handshake2.jivesystems.com/videos/25uejwvop5?tag=109156

On a completely unrelated note, I noticed that some of you are cat lovers. A few weeks ago we adopted a Maine Coon kitten and he is the sweetest thing ever!! We are totally in love with him. :loopy:

Anyway, thank you all for sharing (not to mention informing and guiding!) my journey. I am over the moon and ridiculously giddy... I will try to post some hand shots of this fireball soon! ;-)

asetscope201603041844367858-aset.jpg

idealscope201603041844357858-is.jpg

hearts201603041844357858-hearts.jpg

arrows201603041844357858-arrows.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I Died.

D. D. D. D & D. And the rest (of the Diamond color alphabet) follows.

Cut by Infinity no less.

Congratulations. :bigsmile: :appl: :love: (Is there a green with envy emotie??)

cheers--Sharon

Dani5577

Rough_Rock
Wow! It's stunning! I can't wait to see hand shots. Congratulations on a beautiful upgrade

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CBI crafts astonishingly-well cut diamonds!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see hand shots of your new rings - sure to be stunning!! When are they arriving to you ?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are one lucky lady!!!!!!! Bee-U-tiful!! :love: :love: :love: :lickout:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! CBI stones are just amazing! Enjoy your new rings!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, now that is what I call an upgrade! :love: Gorgeous CBI diamond and beautiful rings! :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A BIG congrats! ...Well done!.. :love: :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DROOL! :love: :cheeky:

Q

Queenie60

Stunning, gorgeous and everything else!!! Great upgrade - congratulations. :love: :cheeky: :clap:

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning, gorgeous, beautiful :love: and congratulations on your new little kitty - what an awesome time you're having, new diamond and a new fur baby!! :appl:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome :appl:

That will look amazing! Prepare to have some slightly green-eyed friends ;-) lol

We'll look forward to the hand shots!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks all! It just arrived a few days ago and I took a few hand shots. I am admittedly not the best at photographing diamonds and these photos do not really do the diamond justice, so I will try to get some better photos in the next few days!!

img_12847.jpg

img_12848.jpg

img_4180__cropped_.jpg

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Gorgeous!

And no pics of the Maine Coon kitty?!

I love MCs. I have one (he's probably half Maine Coon) and they are just so awesome.

Enjoy your ring and new cat! What a lucky lady! :)

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on such a gorgeous upgrade, a CBI indeed is a superior diamond and Wink is such a super person :appl:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I feel like only this group would understand how much I agonized throughout this process, but all of the research and effort was well worth it! Here are a few more hand shots... still trying to capture the fire and sparkle but I may need to break out a better camera in order to do this stone justice! :)

img_12855.jpg

img_12856.jpg

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And of course I have to post a few photos of our beloved kitten, Captain Rex (can you tell that my husband and three boys are huge Star Wars fans??). He is the most sweet, "chill" cat and so very affectionate... we are truly in love with him!!

captain_rex_.jpg

rex_and_his_reflection.jpg

img_12857.jpg

rex_and_mason.jpg

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock
Congrats carbonfan, your ring looks stunning! Quick question: We're thinking of having our diamond set in the BGD novella setting as well. Did you request anything special as to the prongs, or otherwise customize the setting somehow? I'd like them to thin out or sharpen the prongs on the novella if possible since I don't want the prongs to look too clunky or bulky. Thanks & congrats once again!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Carbonfan your new kitten is gorgeous!!! That pic of your little boy and kitty is the sweetest! How much fun and shenanigans does a kitten add to the household!!! :lol: and of course your ring is beautiful, next up we need a pic of diamond and kitty in the same shot! ;-)

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks GeorgieQ! All three of our boys absolutely ADORE Captain Rex and they are so sweet with him. Our 15-year old orange tabby cat crossed the rainbow bridge last July and that loss was incredibly hard... it was also the first time in 25 years that I had been without a cat which left a hollow, gaping void. My husband and I did some research on Maine Coon cats and decided to investigate further, and we lucked into this little guy! Although of course we still miss our sweet buddy and no one could ever replace him, I have to say that Captain Rex found his way into our hearts instantaneously and our house feels like a home once again. We are so incredibly grateful that he came into our lives! :))

noscrusir, in answer to your question, I had seen BGD's Novela prongs previously and found the tips to be very delicate, so I didn't make any special requests. I am sure if you prefer thinner, daintier ones they could do this for you, but I have to say that the Novela prong tips are so tastefully crafted that I hardly even notice them! I realize that all of this is aesthetic preference, so of course do what feels right to you!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the rings & LOVE the cat!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is D-lightful. Sorry I couldn't help myself. :lol: Your diamond is stunning and your rings are gorgeous. Congratulations.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GeorgieQ, this one is for you! I am posting my feeble attempt to get a photo of Rex with the ring in the background... he was quite playful last night so he didn't want to sit still, but if I get a better picture in the near future I will post it as well! Rex is already so big that sometimes we forget that he is only 5 months old and has the mind of a kitten! He is such a sweetheart. :love:

img_12863.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super sweet picture!! Love the ring and the kitty is pretty darn cute, too!! :love: :bigsmile:

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Woo hoo!! Love that photo, diamond and Rex look stunning! :love: look at the way Rex is staring down that camera lense, total star! And look at the way your gorgeous diamond sparkles next to him! :appl: He is massive for 5 months. So sorry to hear about your older fur baby. Our 12 year old persian passed away 2 weeks ago. Even though we have 3 other cats Priscilla was the matriarch and we all (cats and humans) miss her terribly, so understand what you mean. I'm so glad Rex has made your family smile again. :) how great are animals and diamonds, 2 of my favourite things! ;-)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am utterly blinded by your CBI D. OMG. I could only dream. Congratulations on such a spectacular stone! I'm so happy for you. Enjoy every second of wearing it.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a unbelievable stone! it's drool worthy, beautiful and perfect ... congratulations.

love your kitty!!!!

thank you for sharing.. I would love a CBI diamond ring.. to dream!

:love: :love: :sun: :sun:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, all; I appreciate all of the comments and support! Yes, we truly adore our sweet Rex... he made himself at home right away and has definitely found a place in all of our hearts.

GeorgieQ, I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Priscilla. I understand this loss all too well. Pets truly are a part of the family, and although I find some comfort in all of the wonderful memories, their absence is still notable and they forever inhabit our hearts. I hope that your sweet memories of Priscilla will bring you comfort as well.

This latest hurricane has certainly thrown the Southeast for a loop. If any of you were in the path of Matthew I hope that you are okay and that things are beginning to smooth out. Flooding is still on the horizon for many, so please stay safe!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results