shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1.31 VS2 J BGD has finally arrived!

agapitor

Shiny_Rock
After some delay at customs I finally got my stone from BGD!! I ended up picking up the package from the Fed Ex station and opened it in the parking lot in my car. It is absolutely stunning and was quite surprised at how emotional I got. I was crying when I called DH to let him know that the diamond exceeded my expectations and to thank him for the beautiful 10 year anniv present.

I can't believe this is a J! It is absolutely white. I put it beside my current .4 VVS2 G and can't tell the difference. Although it is pretty cute to see the size difference. It looks like a mother/daughter paid :) I'll be taking it to the local jeweler for a custom setting. This is a first time online purchase for DH who is not a fan at all of online purchases so it took some convincing to buy the diamond online. The amazing price of this diamond was definitely a contributing factor plus I totally bombarded him with the diamond knowledge I gained from PS. Unfortunately, I couldn't convince him to get the setting from BGD as well.. maybe next time :)

So without further ado.. here are the pics.. I apologize for the quality.

IMG_2521.JPG

IMG_2523.JPG

IMG_2527.JPG

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The diamond looks awesome!!! What setting are you thinking about?

agapitor

Shiny_Rock
Yimmers said:

thanks Yimmers. The setting will be similar to the BGD double band

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5521

But the pave will be on the lower shanks and I'll have two surprise blue sapphires on the front and back. DH and my birthday as well as our anniversary are in September so it was very important for me to incorporate them. Not sure how the prongs will be designed.. I'm leaving that to the jeweler. I would have LOVED to have BGD set it.. but because of the changes I wanted to incorporate it would have been a custom design and significantly raised the price, which just would not have been feasible or I would have had to compromise the diamond.

am hoping to get the CADs next week.. will post them when I get them.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Great stone!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh it's super pretty! It faces up SO white - who would think it's a J? Awesome choice - can't wait to see the ring!

agapitor

Shiny_Rock
B.E.G. said:
Ooh it's super pretty! It faces up SO white - who would think it's a J? Awesome choice - can't wait to see the ring!

thanks vespergirl and B.E.G. Jamie from BGD told me first had that faced white and quite beautifully . She was wonderful to work with and I'm so thankful for her expertise. I don't know how I'll last 2 weeks to get the ring.

Supers

Shiny_Rock
Just beautiful!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone, congrats.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone and it looks sparkling white. Can't wait to see the finished product.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!!!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty diamond!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
agapitor said:
Yimmers said:

thanks Yimmers. The setting will be similar to the BGD double band

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5521

But the pave will be on the lower shanks and I'll have two surprise blue sapphires on the front and back. DH and my birthday as well as our anniversary are in September so it was very important for me to incorporate them. Not sure how the prongs will be designed.. I'm leaving that to the jeweler. I would have LOVED to have BGD set it.. but because of the changes I wanted to incorporate it would have been a custom design and significantly raised the price, which just would not have been feasible or I would have had to compromise the diamond.

am hoping to get the CADs next week.. will post them when I get them.
Can't wait to see the CAD's and the finished ring.
Very unique setting, I like it a lot!
:appl:
Your diamond is beautiful and a great size!

Hope the wait is not too long!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results