shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1.00 J SI2 18k rose gold Tacori!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
After oogling at all these delicious diamonds, I am finally posting my own engagement ring!

It's a 1.00 carat J SI2 princess cut, in 18k rose gold. Tacori Classic Crescent style 2578RD, purchased in 2014 from Arthur's Jewelers in Roseville, MN. The melee diamonds are .41ct of GVS1.

5.50x5.28x4.06
Table 64%
Depth 76.80%
V. good polish
Good symmetry
Fl. none

I had always wanted a Tacori since they are made by hand in California. Way back in 2014 I knew nothing about diamonds/jewelry compared to what I know now, I was a little hesitant at first that my diamond was *gasp* a J color and SI2 clarity. Until I actually SAW the diamond in action, and realized that I have a love for warm diamonds! The J color is noticeable in the 18k rose gold setting. Mandy the sales lady showed me a contrast between a D color and a J color in my setting... and the D color totally clashed with the warm gold. Then she showed me the diamond's light performance ... and I was blown away! The GemEx report posted below shows this little fireball really sparkles. She has very high brilliance, fire and scintillation under all light types. Check out the YouTube video link below to see her in action! Of all the loose diamonds I riffled through that day, this is the one that stood out to me.

https://youtu.be/IEtjETiYmqw

https://youtu.be/oegmBJhMlws

IMG_6050.jpg

IMG_6042.jpg IMG_6049.jpg

Jo and Matthew  (15 of 464).jpg

IMG_6051.jpg
IMG_5287.JPG

Last edited:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Your love of your diamond and the setting really shines through and honestly that is the most important thing. That you express the same feelings six years later is just great! And it is all backed up by gorgeous photos and other reassurances that you made an awesome choice - that's icing on the cake!

Thank you for sharing! :)) Also, out of curiosity, how's the setting holding up? It's very intricate yet also looks nice and sturdy!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Your love of your diamond and the setting really shines through and honestly that is the most important thing. That you express the same feelings six years later is just great! And it is all backed up by gorgeous photos and other reassurances that you made an awesome choice - that's icing on the cake!

Thank you for sharing! :)) Also, out of curiosity, how's the setting holding up? It's very intricate yet also looks nice and sturdy!

Thank you so much for your kind words!

I have noticed that the miligrain is worn down a little bit over time, and the design on the top of the prongs has also smoothed out and is not defined. But when I bought my e-ring, I ran out of money to get the matching Tacori band (go figure!) and instead got the simple band you see in the pictures. However, the band was 14k instead of 18k. After wearing both for 4 years, the 14k band has started to eat the prongs of my softer 18k e-ring!!! I was so upset when I saw it! Now I only wear the band for special occasions, and just stick with the e-ring for every day wear. I learned my lesson about stacking rings with different metal karats pretty quick! Ugh! I have yet to bring it in to the jewelers to see if they can fix the wear on the prongs. I'm older and much wiser now!
Otherwise, it's holding up great despite the normal wear and tear on 18k. :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely stunning!!! Gorgeous setting and beautiful diamond. It looks perfect on you! Your pics are really good too.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!
It looks amazing, and your post screams “love” for your ring! That’s how it should be!
Sorry to read that you’re experiencing wear and tear, but this set is gorgeous, together!
Please post more photos!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for your kind words!

I have noticed that the miligrain is worn down a little bit over time, and the design on the top of the prongs has also smoothed out and is not defined. But when I bought my e-ring, I ran out of money to get the matching Tacori band (go figure!) and instead got the simple band you see in the pictures. However, the band was 14k instead of 18k. After wearing both for 4 years, the 14k band has started to eat the prongs of my softer 18k e-ring!!! I was so upset when I saw it! Now I only wear the band for special occasions, and just stick with the e-ring for every day wear. I learned my lesson about stacking rings with different metal karats pretty quick! Ugh! I have yet to bring it in to the jewelers to see if they can fix the wear on the prongs. I'm older and much wiser now!
Otherwise, it's holding up great despite the normal wear and tear on 18k. :)

I suspect the matching band had diamonds along the side too, so I think it was fortuitous that you ran out of money as diamonds rubbing against diamonds would have destroyed each other over time!

It sounds like your ring has held up remarkably well despite some small prong issues. Perhaps a polish would help a lot with the prongs depending on how bad the damage is? I also have no idea how easy it is to restore millgrain but it doesn't sound like you're too bothered by that?

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
After oogling at all these delicious diamonds, I am finally posting my own engagement ring!

It's a 1.00 carat J SI2 princess cut, in 18k rose gold. Tacori Classic Crescent style 2578RD, purchased in 2014 from Arthur's Jewelers in Roseville, MN. The melee diamonds are .41ct of GVS1.

5.50x5.28x4.06
Table 64%
Depth 76.80%
V. good polish
Good symmetry
Fl. none

I had always wanted a Tacori since they are made by hand in California. Way back in 2014 I knew nothing about diamonds/jewelry compared to what I know now, I was a little hesitant at first that my diamond was *gasp* a J color and SI2 clarity. Until I actually SAW the diamond in action, and realized that I have a love for warm diamonds! The J color is noticeable in the 18k rose gold setting. Mandy the sales lady showed me a contrast between a D color and a J color in my setting... and the D color totally clashed with the warm gold. Then she showed me the diamond's light performance ... and I was blown away! The GemEx report posted below shows this little fireball really sparkles. She has very high brilliance, fire and scintillation under all light types. Check out the YouTube video link below to see her in action! Of all the loose diamonds I riffled through that day, this is the one that stood out to me.

IMG_6050.jpg

IMG_6051.jpg
IMG_5287.JPG

Your ring is absolutely stunning, both on its own and with your wedding band!

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! The rose gold is stunning, and the setting is really romantic :kiss2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful! I love that setting and your princess looks like a lively one! Very pretty combination!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Really beautiful! I love that setting and your princess looks like a lively one! Very pretty combination!

Thank you!!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely ring! I think it is just right for you even after so many years your heart still skips a beat. I can feel the love you have for your ring. Enjoy it! :)

Gemly

Shiny_Rock

5.50x5.28x4.06
Table 64%
Depth 76.80%
V. good polish
Good symmetry
Fl. none

IMG_6050.jpg

IMG_6051.jpg
IMG_5287.JPG

Beautiful! Love the setting!!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! its beautiful on you! i love the rose gold!! May you wear and enjoy in the best of health and joy!

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Love it in the rose gold!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is fabulous; love the setting and gorgeous diamond.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much!! ❤️

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! The stone is beautiful as is the setting. Looks perfect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results