shape
carat
color
clarity

Must see documentary

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH and I recently started watching a BBC documentary series called "Planet Earth". It is amazing. They spent 5 years filming it and it has production values like a hollywood blockbuster. Each episode details a feature of planet earth: fresh water, mountains, jungles, caves etc. It''s all about the animals and the natural wonders of the worls. It has great narration and really cool behind the scenes information about how they filmed each episode. Totally worth buying the series, you will watch it again and again. Kids especially would love it.

DD

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We love the Planet Earth series and ended up buying it. My kids enjoy it too
1.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We love that series, in fact I think we''ve seen it at least three times by now!

Just watched "Into the Wild" yesterday, it was fabulous.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
it was a really big thing in our neighborhoods when it debuted - groups of kids (high school and college age) would get together on the nites new episodes came out to watch it together. it was bigger than american idol haha

Delster

Ideal_Rock
BF and I watched the whole series on the Beeb about 18 months ago - we were so addicted! Couldn''t wait for Sundays to come around so we could see a new episode
1.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Ditto!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
DH and I ordered off of amazon.com last summer - one of my good friends has the US version (with Sigourney Weaver -sp?) and I was a little bummed when I realized that DH got us the UK version with the British male narrator...but now that we've seen them all, I think the dude is way better!!

ETA: Has anyone seen the under water one by the same people?? What's it like?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it too! We bought it for my dad and then ended up getting it for ourselves because it was so good!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loved that series, in fact, I think there is another thread on this topic somewhere.

Anyway, it came on shortly after DH bought his big screen, and we spent a few nights watching Planet Earth so he could show me the value of the big screen, ha ha. I felt like I was back in geography class in HS when our teacher used to forgo his typical lectures to show us Discovery Channel documentaries instead.

I love PE, though!
36.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
It's truly fabulous! I loaned my set to the my massage therapist and she needs to hurry up and finish with them because I want to watch it again now!!!

Here's last year's thread.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so behind the times! It took me 10 years to switch from cassettes to CDs, no wonder it took me so long to see this video!

Oh well, better late than never, and it still ROCKS!

DD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results