shape
carat
color
clarity

Multi coloured Tahitian pearl necklace

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,

I have been lurking on this forum for a while and this is my first post. I am interested In purchasing a multi coloured Tahitian necklaceand 17 inches. I live in Australia and the prices are ridiculous here compared to overseas. I have reviewed a number of the previous posts and overseas sources am primarily looking at pearl paradise and Amsterdam Pearls.

I have white pearls however this is my first foray into Tahitian pearls.

I have fair skin, green eyes and light brown hair with a reddish tint. I (think) I am looking for a lighter coloured Tahitian mix with light grey/silver, green, blue, pearls.

I am thinking of emailing Cees from Amsterdam Pearls to see what he has. However it would be helpful to have a price guide before I bother him. Can anyone indicate what sort of prices to expect?

Thanks.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cees is competitive with Pearl Paradise.

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
just email and ask what he has. his pricing is very reasonable.
but it will not come unstrung. you can get it sent to pearlzaustralia (find her on IG) to knot for u since she is based in Aussie.

Below is a pic of my multi colour strand I bought from Cees. oh he communicates via watsapp too. So it's super convenient CM170913-094222001.jpg CM170913-094222001.jpg

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Kalmen22, I really appreciate the photos and your advice and suggestion re stringing.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
but it will not come unstrung. you can get it sent to pearlzaustralia (find her on IG) to knot for u since she is based in Aussie.

Below is a pic of my multi colour strand I bought from Cees. oh he communicates via watsapp too. So it's super convenient CM170913-094222001.jpg CM170913-094222001.jpg
Wow, those look AMAZING! Colors just pop out of the screen. Did you have a thread about them, love to hear/see more.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there,

I have been lurking on this forum for a while and this is my first post. I am interested In purchasing a multi coloured Tahitian necklaceand 17 inches. I live in Australia and the prices are ridiculous here compared to overseas. I have reviewed a number of the previous posts and overseas sources am primarily looking at pearl paradise and Amsterdam Pearls.

I have white pearls however this is my first foray into Tahitian pearls.

I have fair skin, green eyes and light brown hair with a reddish tint. I (think) I am looking for a lighter coloured Tahitian mix with light grey/silver, green, blue, pearls.

I am thinking of emailing Cees from Amsterdam Pearls to see what he has. However it would be helpful to have a price guide before I bother him. Can anyone indicate what sort of prices to expect?

Thanks.
Hi! I just bought my first strand recently as well and had a very good experience with The Pearl Source. I’d suggest contacting Leon (leon@thepearlsource) and telling him the specs you want; getting a nice variety of colors was super important to me too and they did a great job.

You can see my pearl set here - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tahitian-pearl-wedding-set-is-complete.241216/.

You’ll also need to tell all vendors the shape, grade, and mm size you desire... all of those will dramatically impact the prices (even “round” vs “off-round” is a big difference).

Good luck! Tahitians are gorgeous (and addictive!!)

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks IlikeShiny. I was thinking 10mm and off round. I had a look at your post. Would it be a terrible imposition to ask you to take a photo of the pearls on your neck to get a general sense of size and colour in real life. (Feel free to black out your face for privacy!)

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks IlikeShiny. I was thinking 10mm and off round. I had a look at your post. Would it be a terrible imposition to ask you to take a photo of the pearls on your neck to get a general sense of size and colour in real life. (Feel free to black out your face for privacy!)
No problem. Here’s one I took after my earrings were made. My necklace is 16”.
IMG_8538.jpg

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You could try looking on Etsy australia for a supplier

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just remember that the Import rules have changed on July 1 and anything bought overseas has to be charged duty. There are no longer duty free imports under 1000.00 . Everything gets charged. So add 10% at least onto whatever you are considering and a min of 50$US shipping. It's depressing :(

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Katbran. I purchased a multicoloured strand from Cees which I wore for the first time today. I will upload photos when I get the chance.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Absolutely gorgeous colours ! He is such a delight to work with ... love Cees !

CMN - Glad you found a strand, he has access to so many. Can't wait to see the photos !!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
F74F7FE5-C388-4673-A175-B14617293650.jpeg Indoor, evening photo

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
I do have the photos from Cees but I don’t want to trouble him to seek his consent to post them on this forum. I purchased the white gold clasp from Bella Findings (US) and had them strung by a local jeweller.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results