shape
carat
color
clarity

MRB to Transitional Recut Lab Diamond!

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
My journey to an upgraded engagement ring hasnt been easy, but in the end im so happy with the results! I purchased a faint pink tinted 2.11 K VS1 lab grown diamond through Jon at Distinctive Gems. The stone was beautiful and I had it set in a Dahlia setting from CVB. While the whole ring was gorgeous, it ended up not being what I thought I wanted. Im a vintage girl at heart, and this stone was too modern for me. I ended up having it re-cut into a more transitional style, which came out perfect.
For the setting, I had David Klass make a vintage style setting, and I think the two paired together is exactly what I wanted.

new setting 3.jpg new setting 2.jpg New setting.jpg new setting 4.jpg

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That is beautiful! It looks right at home in that setting too. Who did the re-cut?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant :love:

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I had my diamond also recut by southwest diamond cutters into an oec. And I love it!
Your setting is also really nice.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this! When I saw this on DK’s feed, I saved it!! Thank you for sharing the details. I was captivated by your stone but his video was too fast!! :lol: lots more pics pretty please!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous re-cut! :love: The faceting is so beautiful. They also did my re-cut, and I love their work. Would you mind sharing the final Sarine? Many more photos, please!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous! Did you lose much in weight?

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous re-cut! :love: The faceting is so beautiful. They also did my re-cut, and I love their work. Would you mind sharing the final Sarine? Many more photos, please!

What is the Sarine?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg what an amazing transformation! Beautiful ring!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the Sarine?

I meant one of these reports. But if you don't have it, would you mind sharing the new proportions? I absolutely adore the cut!

1581636050668-png.735867

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
I meant one of these reports. But if you don't have it, would you mind sharing the new proportions? I absolutely adore the cut!

1581636050668-png.735867

I wish i knew the new proportions. I didnt pay for the new cert, as I knew I wouldnt need it. I have the original stone proportions. dims.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish i knew the new proportions. I didnt pay for the new cert, as I knew I wouldnt need it. I have the original stone proportions. dims.jpg

Thanks! Ashley has occasionally taken a screenshot of the new proportions, so that's why I asked. Your stone's transformation is incredible. :kiss2: Did the diameter stay the same as well?

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
This is gorgeous, @maldkelton! Congrats!

Do you have a profile photo of the stone? And also of your lovely setting?

My fave diamond (and cut) of all times is an early RB (bordering on transitional) that I have. It also has a larger table, and is the fieriest diamond! I've always wondered about having something similar cut for...well, just because... :bigsmile: And your re-cut is giving me ideas of possibilities for a smaller version of what I have—for low-bling days.

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
Geez! And it's not like it was ugly before. Wow!

It was beautiful before, it just w
This is gorgeous, @maldkelton! Congrats!

Do you have a profile photo of the stone? And also of your lovely setting?

My fave diamond (and cut) of all times is an early RB (bordering on transitional) that I have. It also has a larger table, and is the fieriest diamond! I've always wondered about having something similar cut for...well, just because... :bigsmile: And your re-cut is giving me ideas of possibilities for a smaller version of what I have—for low-bling days.

I have a few more, not sure if its going give a good profile of the stone. I didnt get that photo during the recut. In the photos the sapphire looks like an eye ball to me, but its really not that big in real life. 13.jpg 12.jpg

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, @maldkelton. I love the sapphire! It’s a beautiful setting, and the photo shows the crown well enough. :)

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Been studying recuts for years and yours is magnificent! The facet pattern on your recut is lovely! A recut with hardly any loss of weight or diameter, wow! Jon found you a beautiful MRB! What was the HCA number on the your MRB?

Amazed at what a small amount of cutting can accomplish to give you a transitional diamond.

Love your antique setting too! Old cut OD with your pics!

I just purchased a lab K SI1 3.04 carat (9.3mm; 41.1 Pavilion angle; HCA 2.6) to be recut. So your post has me so anxious to get the recut done and hoping to keep it at over 9mm, don't care about the weight. According to Jon, the Pavilion angle should be 41+ which is best for recuts to an AVR. But obviously not for a transitional.

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
Been studying recuts for years and yours is magnificent! The facet pattern on your recut is lovely! A recut with hardly any loss of weight or diameter, wow! Jon found you a beautiful MRB! What was the HCA number on the your MRB?

Amazed at what a small amount of cutting can accomplish to give you a transitional diamond.

I just purchased a lab K SI1 3.04 carat (9.3mm; 41.1 Pavilion angle; HCA 2.6) to be recut. So your post has me so anxious to get the recut done and hoping to keep it at over 9mm, don't care about the weight. According to Jon, the Pavilion angle should be 41+ which is best for recuts to an AVR. But obviously not for a tr

I just purchased a lab K SI1 3.04 carat (9.3mm; 41.1 Pavilion angle; HCA 2.6) to be recut. So your post has me so anxious to get the recut done and hoping to keep it at over 9mm, don't care about the weight. According to Jon, the Pavilion angle should be 41+ which is best for recuts to an AVR. But obviously not for a transitional.

Thanks for the kind words! I really do love this stone now! I dont know the HCA of the stone. I figured since Jon chose it, it had to be lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results