shape
carat
color
clarity

Most annoying wedding related comment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Smurfy, started this before her wedding... The first thread helped me ALOT when I was planning!

Here is the first thread, from about a year ago, if you need some laughs: Most Hated Wedding Related Comment

What are you tired of hearing from anyone regarding your wedding? wedding dress? flowers? honeymoon? shoes? hair style? weight? Anything!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I''ll add one that happened the week of my wedding.

MIL spent a ridiculous amount of money on the RD, and since she assumed that we spent about the same on the reception, she made this comment to my dad the Thursday night BEFORE the wedding...

"We''re pretty much both having receptions, y''all are just serving cake as well."
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
"Are you excited?"

LOL no I''m frickin'' miserable. I''m sooo depressed about it and am not excited at all. Come on!!! Do you really have to ask???

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Are you ready? It''s coming up soon!

Ugh!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Those are the obligatory comments you get from people that have NO idea what else to say, LOL!

I''ve asked it many times before. It''s like, I''m the date and this is awkawrd... so... I''ll just ask about the wedding!
37.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
"Ya know, I really don''t think that''s a good idea. I like this better..."
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
PP, the only person that should be allowed to make that comment is someone you are paying for their opinion... and even then there is such a thing as tact.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Not really any one comment, but when all the old bitter men at my office make constant snide comments about how awful marriage is...it''s so annoying.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I''m really sick of hearing "what''s your vision?" I definitely answered puppies and plaid.They looked at me like I was a nut,but hopefully that will stop them from asking me about the wedding again!
11.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 1:50:03 PM
Author: meresal
PP, the only person that should be allowed to make that comment is someone you are paying for their opinion... and even then there is such a thing as tact.
Agreed, which is why I basically told them to stuff it
12.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 2:22:47 PM
Author: Amzizzle
I'm really sick of hearing 'what's your vision?' I definitely answered puppies and plaid.They looked at me like I was a nut,but hopefully that will stop them from asking me about the wedding again!
11.gif
My reply (inside my head, of course)... "I'm not sure... you're blocking it at the moment."
2.gif

pinki- I'm sorry. Mine were bitter old women, and unfortunately it will continue with any pregnancy as well...

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
So far my least favorite comments have all started with "you should....". As soon as someone says the word should, my brain blocks the rest of what they have to say.

I''m also not a fan of the "weddings are stupid" comments and the "the wedding industry is such BS" comments. Um, people, clearly I''m planning a wedding so shut it.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
"Do you feel like a bride?" (from sales girl at bridal shop). Um, well considering I don''t normally run around in white dresses, yeah, I guess so?? Huh?
33.gif

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Not exactly a wedding-related comment, but literally the day after I got engaged, I had brunch with a good friend and like the second thing out of her mouth was, "Did he have to finance the ring?"
20.gif

I will go ahead and blame such a tacky question on the fact that she's feeling down since I and her other best friend got engaged on the same day.

I really, really regret having brunch with her the day after I got engaged. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I think it has had a long-term effect on bumming me out. She was so anti-excited and just such a downer about the whole thing. I know it's because there's some sour grapes going on since she's not engaged and one new friend of ours gets engaged every week... we're just at that age and she's feeling really alone. She basically spent the whole brunch criticizing our other friends' rings and wedding plans.

Now I don't talk to her about anything related even remotely to getting married as it obviously brings out the worst in her.

OH -- the FIRST thing out of her mouth after seeing my ring was, "How does it feel to have what could be a car on your finger?" And she didn't say it in a nice way.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 7:11:38 PM
Author: Gleam
Not exactly a wedding-related comment, but literally the day after I got engaged, I had brunch with a good friend and like the second thing out of her mouth was, ''Did he have to finance the ring?''
20.gif

I will go ahead and blame such a tacky question on the fact that she''s feeling down since I and her other best friend got engaged on the same day.

I really, really regret having brunch with her the day after I got engaged. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I think it has had a long-term effect on bumming me out. She was so anti-excited and just such a downer about the whole thing. I know it''s because there''s some sour grapes going on since she''s not engaged and one new friend of ours gets engaged every week... we''re just at that age and she''s feeling really alone. She basically spent the whole brunch criticizing our other friends'' rings and wedding plans.

Now I don''t talk to her about anything related even remotely to getting married as it obviously brings out the worst in her.

OH -- the FIRST thing out of her mouth after seeing my ring was, ''How does it feel to have what could be a car on your finger?'' And she didn''t say it in a nice way.
Ay yay yay.....I feel so sorry for her. When she can get rid of her negative streak, perhaps then she''ll get engaged as well.

The most annoying thing my colleagues asked right after I got engaged is "So when is the wedding?". Then three months later I told them when it will be. After that they start asking "so when is the honeymoon?".

As of now, I can pretty much guess what they will ask after I got back from my honeymoon, "So, when are you due?"

This is sooooooo annoying!!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

BTW, my whole feeling about planning a wedding is that it is only fun when you have someone else planning it for you and when you and your FI are not the one paying for the whole darn thing. Just my humble opinion ladies. Please don''t flame me.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Mum said: That dress would look better on you if you were skinnier.
29.gif

MOH said: Cindy, you HAVE to have long hair for your wedding!! It will look better. TRUST ME!
29.gif
Yeah, i trust you, but can you please sound a bit more condescending... please...

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
"Are you sure you want to have a wedding? There''s a lot you could do with that money..."

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 9:01:08 PM
Author: cindygenit
Mum said: That dress would look better on you if you were skinnier.
29.gif

MOH said: Cindy, you HAVE to have long hair for your wedding!! It will look better. TRUST ME!
29.gif
Yeah, i trust you, but can you please sound a bit more condescending... please...
Ditto, Cindy! Thats what my Mom told me as well.

everlong_x

Shiny_Rock
TBH, I really got sick of the questions about when we''d start a family! DH and I decided to wait at least 5 years before having children, and not even 10 minutes after we walked into our reception, I was bombarded with "So, when are you having kids?!"

GRRR!
29.gif

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
This isn''t really something that I hear from a lot of people, but it is a good vignette of the annoying attitude we''ve met with at every turn from dear MIL.

My fiance and I want to have an engagement party in his home state so his family has an opportunity to meet me and mingle without traveling to the state where we live, just in case a lot of them end up not being able to make it to the wedding. No gifts, no fuss, his sister even volunteered to have it at her house since she just remodeled and wants to show it off. Fiance wants to pay for the whole thing. We told his mother, thinking she''d be thrilled and the first words out of her mouth were "why do you need to have ANOTHER party, you''re already having a wedding. It''ll be such an inconvenience to people."

6.gif

Well ''scuze us for wanting to do something nice for you and your family dear MIL!

soontowed

Shiny_Rock
I hate that my MIL is contantly asking "are you including FSIL in the bridal party?" I said no so stop asking!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
"What shoes are you wearing?"

No really. It bugs.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
My mother was well-meaning and I love her very much, but she drove me nuts. Everytime she called, it turned into: "I know wedding planning is stressful. You must be really stressed out. Please let me know if there''s anything I can do to take some of the pressure off you. I don''t want you to be stressed about the wedding." Um, thanks? But I really wasn''t that stressed until you started telling me that I am...

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
my most hated right now is
"hmm.. maybe you are pregnant!" (if i complain about anything, being sore, tired, sick, hungry, not hungry, boobs hurt, etct).

common people. i have 7 months left. idea of pregnancy NOT SO HOT since i just bought my dress.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2009 9:40:12 AM
Author: jcarlylew
''hmm.. maybe you are pregnant!'' (if i complain about anything, being sore, tired, sick, hungry, not hungry, boobs hurt, etct).

common people. i have 7 months left. idea of pregnancy NOT SO HOT since i just bought my dress.
I got this a few times as well! I think people find it hilarious when people get pregnant before the wedding comes... it''s like they were secretly hoping.

40.gif

Date: 11/19/2009 9:42:45 AM
Author: meresal
Date: 11/19/2009 9:40:12 AM

Author: jcarlylew

''hmm.. maybe you are pregnant!'' (if i complain about anything, being sore, tired, sick, hungry, not hungry, boobs hurt, etct).

I got this a few times as well! I think people find it hilarious when people get pregnant before the wedding comes... it''s like they were secretly hoping.

40.gif

Teehee my mom was 4-5 weeks pregnant with me when my parents got married. I finally figured it out this year and I find it too funny. Mostly because she acts so righteous about everything
20.gif

My FAVORITE and most hated comments:

"Wow, I would''ve thought the diamond would be bigger"
29.gif

"I am SO EXCITED TO GO TO VEGAS" <-- people that are not invited to the wedding

"WOW he must REALLY LOVE YOU!" (talking about my inherited ring- people that don''t know me)

"Is that a real diamond?"

"Can you have your wedding after July [2010] so I''ll be old enough to gamble! I won''t have fun if I''m not" (brothers ex-gf but possibly dating again)

"I am going to Vegas in February for a friends birthday- can you try to have your wedding a few months after so I can save up again?" srsly?

I''m sure there are more... but these are the best so far

41.gif
41.gif
41.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I got the "So are you nervous?" question a lot. So I started telling people we called off the wedding, but I''m still going to take the vacation days.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results