shape
carat
color
clarity

Morning Shower Karaoke

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So in another thread, we got talking about various songs, etc that made us cringe. I happen to listen to quite a bit of music, particularly in the mornings when I shower. My music tastes are pretty diverse, and I have no shame in belting out my horrendous voice. My poor fiancee and our dogs. I'm sure they secretly pray for the mornings where my shower speaker is dead because I forgot to charge the night before.

Just the other day, I was really jamming out when she pops in unexpectedly. I paused. She stared. I winked. Then I picked back up. I call this Morning Shower Karaoke.

Anyone else do this?

This was today's treat to her and the pooches....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Singing is good for you (maybe not for others:P2. I sing in the car more than the shower. My son however is a really into singing in the shower.

cheers--Sharon

GCGDanielle

Shiny_Rock
I love to sing! I sing in the shower and in the car. I also sing at home while preparing dinner, doing dishes, laundry, heck...even while cleaning the bathrooms! I sing along to songs I'm listening to or I just sing outloud from memory while nothing is playing. I have a very good song lyric memory, so I have lots of options! I also really like to make up silly little songs to sing to my sons at night. It's funny because I'm not a big talker, but I sure do love to sing. I've never done karaoke in real life, but I want to so badly. Nobody will go with me! :cry2:

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Never really sing in the shower but almost always am singing in the car. My hubby is a shower singer, but I don't mind because he has a really good voice. In fact, when we were dating he used to sing to me over the phone: Sinatra and Harry Connick, Jr. were his favorites at the time. I still request that he sing to me sometimes when I'm not feeling well.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to see I'm not the only singer. I should clarify, I don't have a horrible voice but I don't think it's an awesome one either. The fiancee thinks mine is better than hers. We send YT videos of songs back and forth and we occasionally sing to each other as well. It's a fun thing I haven't done with anyone else.

Anyhow, enough with the sappy stuff.

Today's performance included....

For the NB haters, lol. On a serious note, pay attention to the guitar riffs and little extras the drummer throws in on the beats. I like the original ZZ Top version, but like the extras NB added on the instrument side.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I grew up with Roger Miller's version of KOTR--but this duet is really lovely. That song suits their gorgeous voices so well. Hope you did them justice!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I grew up with Roger Miller's version of KOTR--but this duet is really lovely. That song suits their gorgeous voices so well. Hope you did them justice!

FWIW, I feel I really nailed this one, and could hit the deeper Josh Turner octaves really well.

I had never heard this song and was flipping through the channels a few years back and it was playing the duet version I linked. I absolutely loved it as well. I think their deeper voices add quite a bit of depth to the song from the original Roger Miller version.

Several years back, I used to run music at my church. It was a small country church, so normally at least 1-2 people would get up and sing devotional songs. I mention this because a few of them would sing Randy Travis songs. So every time I hear songs by him I think about that time in my life. Which then eventually leads me to wondering why no one ever sung this at church:

As I mentioned it was a small country church, so piano and chorus books were a staple. For a little bit I dated the choir director. While young, she had a great heart, incredible voice and real desire to lead those people. I didn't always enjoy or appreciate their style of music, but there was a hymnal song I really liked, I Shall Not Be Moved. She would occasionally pick it for me, and her mom (who played piano for the church, and taught it professionally) would speed up the rhythm for me.

I've never been able to replicate that version. However, not long ago I discovered another one of my favorite artists, Johnny Cash, has a recorded version of it. His is much slower but I still enjoy it considerably.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nearly forgot....today's line up.

Been a minute since I saw this video....damn Fergie...:love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great line up! Some of my all time favs--especially Operator. I sing that all the time!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love to use my voice in the shower (or car!)

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been a sloth at posting on here. Not because I don't want to, but work life has been keeping me too busy.

Anyhow, found this version of All About That Bass. Not such a good morning shower song routine for me, but like their take on it. Definitely not mainstream, but a nice change.

Not a huge Pink fan, but this is a pretty good duet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results