shape
carat
color
clarity

Morganite ring I lust for - but wait!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I know is that is a pretty looking ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/25/2009 10:34:03 PM
Author:tradergirl
Are these guys ripping off 23rd Street Jewelers pictures and designs (that is what this picture is) or is this a way to get 23rd Street''s stuff a LOT cheaper??? This ring was 10K in their store.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110421841702&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en
Wow, that''s super expensive for an 8 carat morganite with a little gold and diamonds. The morganite doesn''t look that great, and they''re typically not really expensive either. As for 23rd street jewelers, I can''t comment on their prices, but I think 10K is outrageous if they''re selling the same exact ring.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I clicked through to their store, and the prices seem VERY suspect. I don''t know about the specific piece, but having looked at the prices on some of the other stuff this seller is selling, I''d worry about both quality and authenticity...

It is a beautiful ring though!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Nearly 4k is a lot of money for a ring whose materials all together don''t cost 1k (morganites of that size and color are easily found for 300-400$ retail). Unless it''s an absolute perfection in terms of workmanship I wouldn''t even think about it.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Well, for us slowpokes the listing has been removed. Don''t know why, but perhaps others found it suspect?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s there if you click on tradergirl''s link.

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Just a wild-bottomed guess :) but with it''s not uncommon for a firm that needs to raise some cash to sell goods to a liquidator who then discounts and sells them on. This ebay store looks a bit like that to me with the mix of different photo styles and types of items.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/26/2009 3:31:22 PM
Author: lelser
Just a wild-bottomed guess :) but with it''s not uncommon for a firm that needs to raise some cash to sell goods to a liquidator who then discounts and sells them on. This ebay store looks a bit like that to me with the mix of different photo styles and types of items.
That''s a discounted item??!!
23.gif

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/26/2009 3:35:04 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 12/26/2009 3:31:22 PM

Author: lelser

That''s a discounted item??!!
23.gif

Apparently THEY think so. My mileage varies.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring looks mighty familiar.
9.gif
OK, even taking the complicated and detailed design into consideration, it''s still expensive, especially if it''s supposed to be on eBay for a quick sale.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, gemgirl, for the pointer. I agree that it''s a beautiful ring. I just don''t see it as being worth $4k.

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 1:22:51 PM
Author: AustenNut
Thanks, gemgirl, for the pointer. I agree that it''s a beautiful ring. I just don''t see it as being worth $4k.
I agree with you here. Probably $1,5-2k
2.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Overpriced or not, it''s gorgeous
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results