shape
carat
color
clarity

More "wedding TV"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
As if there already weren't enough Wedding series (IMHO)

From the network that brought us Bridezillas, comes a new one, Platinum Weddings. I read a short blurb about it in one of the TV programming trades. Basically, the series takes a sneak peek at extravagant weddings (eat your heart out, MTV's My Super Sweet 16 !) From a 40ft chiffon tunnel to $200k worth of crystals that decorate a wedding reception, this series features it all.

Check it out on the WE website: http://www.we.tv , and get ready to set your DVR for July 23rd!

Starset

Shiny_Rock
You know what I''d like to see? Like a "Design on a Dime" version. What''s that program that takes an inspiration room and recreates it to the best of the designers'' abilities for a fraction of the cost? I''d watch that with weddings and receptions!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oMg!! WHY oh WHY can''t i get the WE channel?!!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

i wanna watch it now!!
40.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 6:23:48 PM
Author: Starset
You know what I''d like to see? Like a ''Design on a Dime'' version. What''s that program that takes an inspiration room and recreates it to the best of the designers'' abilities for a fraction of the cost? I''d watch that with weddings and receptions!
That''s a fantastic idea, Starset! I''d be all over that one! (I might watch the Platinum Wedding show too...
3.gif
--thanks for the heads up, Charger!)

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 6:23:48 PM
Author: Starset
You know what I''d like to see? Like a ''Design on a Dime'' version. What''s that program that takes an inspiration room and recreates it to the best of the designers'' abilities for a fraction of the cost? I''d watch that with weddings and receptions!
That''s a great idea! Design on a Dime happens to be on one of the nets I work for. They need to get on the bandwagon and come up with some wedding programming.

I can''t wait to catch Platinum Weddings!

JCrow- I feel for you. WE is one of my guilty pleasures.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
on a related note, i just saw that preston bailey''s mr. wonderful is on the oxygen network.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I saw that!! LisaRaye''s wedding was sooooooooooooooooooo stunning!!! I loved the walkway on the water, the carriage gazebo, the cake, the gown and the clear tent!! And the decor was so gorgeous!! It was just amazing!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wasn''t it?!!
aside from the illusion deep v, i crazy-loved her gown!

genette

Shiny_Rock
I also saw the wedding and I thought P.Bailey did an amazing job and I can''t wait for Platinum Weddings either. On one of the clips a woman was saying that they were easily at $850,000.... what the hell all of that for one day. All I''m saying is for that price a house better come with it....well here in Hawaii you can get a nice house for that since the median is about $600,00ish... Just plain crazy.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
My goodness that is a lot of money! I can''t imagine spending that much in one year--much less one day! But then again I have never been in the shoes of a millionaire, so who am I to talk?
Anyway, I adore My Super Sweet Sixteen because it is usually pretty hilarious, and on top ofthat it really does help one realize that money buys extravigance, but that doesn''t always bring about happiness--mostly just bratty complaints "You guys are totally killing my birthday! (pout)" and I imagine I will like this Platinum weddings thing as well. I would like to see followups on it to see if the marriages actually work out or if the glitz and glam overshadowed the relationship.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I stayed up to watch Bridezillas for the first time...sadly I did not think they were that bad, just stressed and tired, neither did my honey. He thought the grooms needed to help rather the poke at the ladies.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Just had to bump as it premieres this weekend!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Also, Adrianne Curry & Christopher Knight''s wedding will air on VH1 tomorrow night at 9 pm...
2.gif

genette

Shiny_Rock
I just saw Platinum Weddings for some reason it was on late Saturday night for me and I thought it was going to be on Sundays. Oh well the couples colors were brown and red and it wasn''t bad. I just caught the ending of it as I wasn''t expecting to see it but I did see that the bride was wearing a $60,000 necklace. Hopefully I can watch the rest today.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I tried to stay up late to watch it last night but couldn''t...I''ll just watch it today!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results