shape
carat
color
clarity

More Help Needed with LOGR & Spess

ked123

Rough_Rock
First, I want to thank everyone on this forum for their help and advice. My adjusted LOGR 8mm Legacyesque setting arrived earlier in the week and I love it. I upgraded the diamonds to full cut VS and the metal to 18K and it looks beautiful. I would never have known about LOGR if it weren't for this forum so I really appreciate it!

I have it set with their stock citrine. I did this because I wanted a ring to wear while I was searching for the perfect gemstone. The citrine looks OK, but I am longing for a spessartite.

Thanks to all your recommendations, I've been searching the net. What do you guys think of this one from Swala?

http://www.swalagemtraders.com/search-gems/detail.php?pid=2292&cPage=4&sort=&perpage=8&cat=&display1=1&display2=&display3=0&category=&variety=&key=&match=&indicate=&reserve_type=&pagefrom=search

It is so hard to tell color online. I'm afraid it might be too brown?

Actually, this is my favorite (vivid color) but it is on the very high end of the budget:

http://www.swalagemtraders.com/search-gems/detail.php?pid=2103&cPage=7&sort=&perpage=8&cat=&display1=1&display2=&display3=0&category=&variety=&key=&match=&indicate=&reserve_type=&pagefrom=search

Also, do you think option # 1 will fit into the LOGR 8 mm setting? This is my first time creating a ring on my own and I know that this is an extremely stupid question (so bear with me) but I am getting confused on gemstone sizing, as I'm used to diamonds and carats. My current LOGR is an 8mm and has a 2 carat stone. Option # 1 is 3.54 carats and 8 x 8 x 5.9 mm? Option # 2 is 3.8 carats and doesn't have mm dimensions listed?

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I think your best bet will be to ask the vendor if he sees any brown in #1. People here have asked for his opinions before and he is honest.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see brown but I agree it would be wise to ask.

Oh, and congratulations on taking the leap and making your own ring!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My last spess is from swala, so I agree, always ask. Eric is honest about what hes seeing on the stone. Also, shipping from swala is steep, be sure you really ask every question you can before the stone is shipped.

If you're planning on resetting your legacy, You may want to take it in to a jeweler first, to make sure that the stone size will fit your setting. I say that because bezels have less wiggle room than a prong set, and you also need to take into account the depth of the stone since its a closed basket setting.

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results