shape
carat
color
clarity

Moonstone ring in platinum

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always had a love affair with moonstones, and I have recently fallen in love with a moonstone ring, set in platinum.

I want it. I'm ready to buy. This will be a gift to myself after a very tough year.

I know moonstones are soft, but I want to (carefully) wear this ring every single day. The ring would also have to be sized up 2 sizes. I don't want to buy it and immediately mangle it. It is not surrounded by diamonds, it's a prong set cabochon.

During my search I found hundreds of moonstone rings that are really old, like early 1900s. They had some scratches, but overall the rings were in good shape for their age. So is wearing moonstone daily a terrible idea, or will I be ok if I'm reasonably careful (take it off to do dishes, clean, work out etc.)?

I'm ready to pull the trigger this morning, please CSers, enable me...

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear about your tough year.

Moonstone, apart from being softer that quartz which makes it prone to scratches, it is also less durable than other stones. So it is also prone to cleaving or chipping, so careful not to bang it.

A prong setting is not the most ideal, a bezel setting is preferable but ofcourse depending on the ring design as well on how protected the stone is to be used as an everyday ring.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do it!!!

Life is to short.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The universe took care of that question for me. Someone swooped in and snagged it right as I was sending my payment details.

I'm pretty sad about it, but I can go custom if need be.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like to think this is a sign that a better ring for you is still waiting out there :)

Shondra

Rough_Rock
Lucky girl! Get the ring. You deserve it (tough year or no) Do whatever makes you happy and I know that ring would certainly make me happy.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1479623627|4100742 said:
I've always had a love affair with moonstones, and I have recently fallen in love with a moonstone ring, set in platinum.

I want it. I'm ready to buy. This will be a gift to myself after a very tough year.

I know moonstones are soft, but I want to (carefully) wear this ring every single day. The ring would also have to be sized up 2 sizes. I don't want to buy it and immediately mangle it. It is not surrounded by diamonds, it's a prong set cabochon.

During my search I found hundreds of moonstone rings that are really old, like early 1900s. They had some scratches, but overall the rings were in good shape for their age. So is wearing moonstone daily a terrible idea, or will I be ok if I'm reasonably careful (take it off to do dishes, clean, work out etc.)?

I'm ready to pull the trigger this morning, please CSers, enable me...

I wear mine almost every day, like five days a week and it's fine. I think cabochons are pretty durable, and easily polished if there's issues.

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
redspinel, LOL, if you knew how many times I've told myself that :naughty: You cracked me up :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will hold up well if it is a cabochon. If faceted, I would wear it with care. I hope you'll find one that you love soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results