shape
carat
color
clarity

Moonstone e-ring and band set!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GirlCellist

Rough_Rock
Hey there everyone, I posted several months back with pictures of my ruby engagement ring. We''ve been searching around for quite awhile trying to find a more ''exciting'' band to go with it, without much luck in our budget. I then found a designer who works in Thailand with colored stones primarily, especially cabochons... long story short, we worked together and came up with some modifications to one of her existing ring designs, and had a matching band made. The rings just got finished, I don''t have them yet, but she took a few photos for me, handshots included. I''m very, very excited to see the rings in person! We''ll eventually try and sell my current ring, perhaps in a better market... we spent less on the new set than on the (um, plain) setting for the ruby ring ;-)

Info-
18k yellow gold (3.67gm total weight), 1.5mm bands
two wee 1mm diamonds
1.42ct blue moonstone

I know, I''ll have to be ridiculously careful with it, between the soft stone and the delicate bands ;-)

sammoonstonering.jpg

GirlCellist

Rough_Rock
PS the rings are size 5.5!

Another pic

sammoonstonering1.jpg

GirlCellist

Rough_Rock
One more... the setting is intended to look like a lotus blossom.

sammoonstonering3.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Just think "soft hands, soft hands".
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous!!! Love it!

GirlCellist

Rough_Rock
Thank you!! It''ll be hard waiting the 10-14 days'' shipping time :)

GirlCellist

Rough_Rock
Here''s the current ring. Catches on everything
7.gif
I''ll miss the ruby, but look forward to a stone that looks pretty in all light, not just some!

samrubyringoriginal.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
oh WOW!! I''m in LOVE with your set! Really unique and feminine. Just so cool that you have a moonstone e-ring--and I know you''ll be careful!
1.gif

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a beautiful set! I love how the rings don''t seem to have any area of "flatness" anywhere, not even on the inside. They''re just totally rounded all throughout. And that basket is beautiful! Your jeweler does exquisite work. I can easily see this set becoming a family heirloom.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I know who you got that from. I bought a little moonstone moon face pendant from her this summer. She''s just lovely to deal with and her prices can''t be beat. That''s a very pretty ring.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is incredibly delicious! Congratulations on your gorgeous set!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Ohhhh it''s so cool! It''s beautiful! What are you going to do with your ruby?

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh! It''s very unique and gorgeous!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The set is stunning! It''s all flows and curves.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of the lotus bud. You should get another one with a pad!
2.gif

Would you mind sharing the source of the stones? - I''m looking for a good quality large(ish) moonstone for a pendant, and I can''t find much... TIA

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! This is jaw dropping beautiful. I love engagement rings that break the mold. I especially like the swirly gold setting around the moonstone.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I love moonstone and yours is so beautiful. I love that setting and the fact that it is not the "typical" ering.
Wear it in good health!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I love love LOVE that! Moonstone is my favorite stone, bar none, and that''s a GORGEOUS example! And the rings are so pretty, too! You have exquisite taste.

Would you mind sharing the name of the designer? I would love to see what else she does.

Congratulations on your beautiful rings--wear them in health and happiness.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness!! What a stunning and unique set. It''s just absolutely beautiful.

I hope that that moonstone sticks it out with you
1.gif
I''m sure I''d chip it within a year, I''m so clumsy!

GirlCellist

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much!! Sally is fantastic to work with, such a wonderful lady. I found her through her shop on etsy.com- Heart of Water Jewels. She has another site, Nam Chai, that has different designs with higher gold weights. She sources all the gems- there were other gorgeous moonstones she showed me that were similarly sized, both milky and totally clear, very high grade. I''m thrilled :)

Here''s her etsy site link:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6415660

GirlCellist

Rough_Rock
RE the ruby- I''d like to have it reset in a delicate bezel setting to wear on my other hand, but we may end up selling or consigning the ring given our finances (students). No major decisions there yet, we''ll probably wait until the market improves for that
1.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man, your new set is so beautiful! I love moonstones and that one looks really pretty! The designer did a great job! I think you should totally reset the ruby as a RHR - you should see if you could have a local jeweler melt down and use the gold from it''s current setting and I bet it wouldn''t be too expensive.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I love the ethereal feel of moonstones, and the stone in your ring is just spectacular!

Wear it in good health!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your set. I just adore Moonstones. Your setting is sooooo pretty. Thanks for sharing it with us. It''s beyond stunning!!!

I have a RHR from Temple St Claire with a moonstone, they just captivate me. ENJOY!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a really beautiful set, but I am certain that you already know this
5.gif
!

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock
It is lovely....it is very enchanting

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock
It looks kind of mysterious...does that make sense?

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
I had no idea a moonstone could be so glamorous! Absolutely beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Looking forward to seeing more pictures once you receive your rings
9.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Oh this is beautiful and so unique! I love it. Feminine and delicate! Looks like elvish jewelry. (I know, I know, no more LOTR movies for me
9.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results