shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom''s bday pendant - Aqua by BB, setting by Mark at ERD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
I don''t post too often, but I thought you guys would love this pendant that I had made for my mom''s 60th birthday present. Her bday is in March, she loves blue and aquamarine is her birthstone.

I had seen this design at Tiffany''s awhile ago and thought it was so pretty but also very overpriced. My dad also wanted it to be meaningful, so the X and O of the design is like kisses and hugs.

I was lucky to find this gorgeous 2.5ct round aquamarine by Barry Bridgestock. He was humble and told me it was pretty but the color wasn''t superb. I took a chance because the size and price were just right. When I received the stone, I just fell in love with the color and sparkle! You just don''t see aquas like this in mall stores.

I sent the aqua to Mark at Engagementringsdirect. He''s been my jeweler since 2004 when I bought my ering from him. I showed him the picture from the Tiffany''s website and within a couple weeks, he made an even better version of it. I love the way he paired the marquise so the X looks more like a butterfly. I''m always so impressed at his fabulous skill. Needless to say the pendant ended up being priced much less than Tiffany''s, AND it had substantially more ct weight.

The true test came when we gave my mom the pendant. She''s a picky lady and doesn''t usually wear jewelry. We were all so relieved that she loved it and she actually wears it regularly!

On to the details:
Pendant setting in white gold
2.5ct aquamarine 8.5mm
Marquise diamond 1.16ctw

It was difficult to photograph the aqua color. I hope you like the pics!

Aqua pendant on neck.jpg

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
another. The neck shot was the only one that really captured the blue color.

aqua pendant 5.jpg

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Last picture! Hope you like the pendant.

aqua pendant 6.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous. I can see why your mom wears it a lot. It is so beautiful, classic and wonderful.

Well done!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I love it! It''s gorgeous!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That turned out beautiful! I also love the color of that aqua!!! My Mom is a March baby also!

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Lord your mom''s pendant is GORGEOUS!!! What a sweet thing for you and your dad to get for her.
If you don''t mind my asking, I too had seen the version of this necklace at Tiffany''s and realized that it was way over my budget, I''m a March baby and LOVE aquas and have always wanted a necklace like this so my question is may I please ask how much you paid for it so I can get an idea of if I having one made would be within my budget?

I totally understand if you would rather not say and I didn''t mean to pry just looking for information
Again the pendant is stunning, love everything about it!
Happy b''day to your mom!
21.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, gorgeous. My mom''s birthday is in March, maybe I should copy you and get her something like that next year! Or get one for me since my only child''s birthday is in March!

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for all the sweet comments! I''m so glad you like it!

btrflygrl23 - The aqua was priced very well because Barry said the color wasn''t ideal. I paid $200 at acstones.com. Altogether, the pendant was substantially less expensive than the Tiffany version. The quality is great. It''s definitely the kind of piece that will be passed down. I suppose the price will differ w/the diamond ct weight.
Why don''t you call Mark T? He''ll know which one you''re talking about because he made it just a few weeks ago. I really like the proportions - I know Mark took quite some time to pair the marquise stones.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, Barry did an amazing job on the aqua! The pendant is just perfect! Thanks for posting the pics
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a very pretty pendant!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gongjoo - WOW, stunning!!!!! I love the setting design and that aqua is gorgeous! Happy Belated Birthday to your Mom!

cmarie

Rough_Rock
That''s lovely! I''m so glad she likes it! :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous pendant!!! You mom must be thrilled!!! Mark did a great job with it!!! Enjoy!!!!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! It''s beautiful!!! I love that aqua!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Wow it''s really pretty! I love the color of the aqua.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has to be one of the most beautiful pendants that I have ever seen!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is SO pretty! Your mom will love it!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - I love the design! I''m sure Mom will love it too!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it''s gorgeous and I absolutely love it! Your Mom is very lucky.
30.gif
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous necklace! That stone is so beautiful, what wonderful color it has! I love it, no wonder your Mom is wearing all of the time, that aquamarine needs to be worn and out for the world to see its beauty!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!! What a sweet present for your mom - its absolutely gorgeous
30.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for all your compliments! This was my first big colored stone project and I''m thrilled with the way it turned out. The best part was that my mom liked it. She''s so hard to please
1.gif

I''m really thankful to both Barry and Mark - it far surpassed my expectations!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
gong- what a phenomenal pendant- and so sweet that you did it for your mom. Barry is wonderful, isn''t he? Just gorgeous
30.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE it!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
That''s just beautiful. Happy birthday to your mum!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! The aqua is stunning.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful gift! It''s gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results