shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jkil0313

Rough_Rock
Sorry, accidentally pressed enter...

Anyway so my boyfriend is getting my ring tomorrow. And then said to me that if my mom doesn''t give him his blessing he will return it. Since he wouldn''t feel comfortable marrying me without it. While I don''t think my mom would say no, she is a very protective person (My dad is not around). Thus making me worry. Then making me angry that my BF would go so far as to purchase a ring and then say because of no blessing he would not marry me. Since when does my mothers opinion matter. While I think part of him was kidding the other part wasn''t. Which worries me because I dont want to ask my mom what she would say (while we are close) I think she would know it was about the happen and still his thunder...oh well guess I have to hope for the best.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I would have a serious conversation with him. In my case, I didn''t want my FI to ask for my parent''s blessing. I am my own woman and I make my own decisions. This is something I felt very strongly about

If getting your mother''s blessing is important to you, what if both of you spoke with her together? And if it isn''t important to you than I would mention it to your boyfriend for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results